Probationary period - failing to meet job

Options

Comments

• Errata
    Errata Posts: 38,230 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is it half term somewhere :D
    .................:)....I'm smiling because I have no idea what's going on ...:)
  • muskoka
    muskoka Posts: 1,124 Forumite
    Options
    If you look at the timings of the OP, she? has been posting all day since 9am, except for a three hour gap early afternoon. Wheres the baby during all this?
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    Options
    Errata wrote: »
    Is it half term somewhere :D

It this is what post baby hormones do to you I think I may get sterilised! ;)
    Gone ... or have I?
  • jdturk
    jdturk Posts: 1,636 Forumite
    Options
    I like how the suggestion that she becomes the main breadwinner is instantly dismissed.

If the husband is not good enough for work then she should become the main breadwinner and whether it is in a job she enjoys or not it is irrelivant.
    Always ask ACAS
  • kai666
    kai666 Posts: 1,429 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I failed to get through a probation period, the employees agreed not to state it on references though. I just tell people either that it was a 6 month contract or that it was by mutual agreement at the end of the probation period depending who i'm talking to.
  • HellsGranny
    HellsGranny Posts: 308 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Wow! Some angry gal there.

Can understand her frustration, but she needs to realise that she and the baby are part of the problem for her OH. Sounds like baby hormones were in charge too, making her less than amenable.

The guy is probably on the verge of a breakdown with stress from both sides, but she appears not to see that she is part of the problem. She came across as utterly selfish.
  • epatolles
    epatolles Posts: 192 Forumite
    Options
    come on people its not really fair when you in a relationship and your doing everything! for a start this is a forum and none of you have a clue about her life really! you just make assumptions based on what she said and we all know that things are interpreted totally wrong on the internet and people kick off and start forum wars for no reason whatsoever!

from what it seems shes worked hard to get where she is... if she was with a hardworking husband why SHOULD she give up her job for her child!? plenty of people work FULL TIME and have kids and she's only working part time! how do you even know if the child was planned?! you have no idea about her circumstances!

I feel sorry for her because I've been there - my ex was USELESS but i loved him and stood by him through thick and thin and I thought he'd do the same for me... but he didnt! I needed support and love and off he ran to mummy and daddy!

everyone's going on saying he's depressed, he's got autism... what IF he's just lazy? what IF he's just stupid?! maybe like my ex he cares about nothing other than himself?

no doubt i'll get flamed now but either way I feel sorry for her
  • seven-day-weekend
    Options
    What exactly do they say your husband does wrong? Is he lazy, is he a bad timekeeper, does he stand around chatting all day, does he not do the work correctly, or leave it unfinished, is he unpleaant to people, what is this 'fidgeting' they mention, ....WHAT does he do wrong?

Perhaps if we knew that we could think of some suggestions to help.
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
    Member #10 of £2 savers club
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton
  • jdturk
    jdturk Posts: 1,636 Forumite
    Options
    epatolles wrote: »
    come on people its not really fair when you in a relationship and your doing everything! for a start this is a forum and none of you have a clue about her life really! you just make assumptions based on what she said and we all know that things are interpreted totally wrong on the internet and people kick off and start forum wars for no reason whatsoever!

from what it seems shes worked hard to get where she is... if she was with a hardworking husband why SHOULD she give up her job for her child!? plenty of people work FULL TIME and have kids and she's only working part time! how do you even know if the child was planned?! you have no idea about her circumstances!

I feel sorry for her because I've been there - my ex was USELESS but i loved him and stood by him through thick and thin and I thought he'd do the same for me... but he didnt! I needed support and love and off he ran to mummy and daddy!

everyone's going on saying he's depressed, he's got autism... what IF he's just lazy? what IF he's just stupid?! maybe like my ex he cares about nothing other than himself?

no doubt i'll get flamed now but either way I feel sorry for her

You could be right but for all his wrongs they are meant to be a partnership and so if she makes the better bread winner she should be out earning the money whilst he stays at home and does the housework etc and has the part time job
    Always ask ACAS
  • inmypocketnottheirs
    Options
    You know what, I think we may have a troll on our hands.
    Don't lie, thieve, cheat or steal. The Government do not like the competition.
    The Lord Giveth and the Government Taketh Away.
    I'm sorry, I don't apologise. That's just the way I am. Homer (Simpson)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure