Nationwide-faster payments now from flex A/C 07-44-56 & 07-01-16

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It appears that the main sort code 07-01-16 is now receiving Faster Payments :)

This is not listed on the Nationwide site yet, but works.
    It's listed as an enabled sort code on the UK Payments Website

No updates on outward Faster Payments from this sort code yet...
  • choc_mouse
    choc_mouse Posts: 487 Forumite
    Options
    Heng_Leng wrote: »
    It appears that the main sort code 07-01-16 is now receiving Faster Payments :)

This is not listed on the Nationwide site yet, but works.
    It's listed as an enabled sort code on the UK Payments Website

I can confirm this!! I just made a transfer from my Natwest account to Nationwide. Natwest said my funds will be debited immediately and should reach the recipient within today (Sunday).

I logged into my Nationwide account (07-01-16) and the money was there within a couple of minutes!! It was around £80, so not sure of the limit, but it's definitely more than £10. Looking good for nationwide :cool:
  • Absinthe_Fairy
    Options
    choc_mouse wrote: »
    I can confirm this!! I just made a transfer from my Natwest account to Nationwide. Natwest said my funds will be debited immediately and should reach the recipient within today (Sunday).

I logged into my Nationwide account (07-01-16) and the money was there within a couple of minutes!! It was around £80, so not sure of the limit, but it's definitely more than £10. Looking good for nationwide :cool:

Same here! I sent £100 from NatWest to Nationwide (same sort code) yesterday and it was there as soon as I logged in! I was pleasantly surprised :j
    Sealed Pot Challenge Number 1225
    £365 in £365 Days 2013
    No Buying Toiletries 2013
  • Absinthe_Fairy
    Options
    Heng_Leng wrote: »

I'll be sending some of the money back in just over a week when I'm back from holiday, so I'll update then!
    Sealed Pot Challenge Number 1225
    £365 in £365 Days 2013
    No Buying Toiletries 2013
  • James
    James Posts: 2,059 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Made 2 transfers from an A&L Account to the same Nationwide Flex Account. The first on the 19th Mar, the second on the 20th March.

The one made on 20th March showed in the Flex Accnt next day (21st March).

The one made on 19th hasn't appeared.

I called A&L asking if something was wrong. I was told that the payment made on the 19th wasn't accepted as a 'Faster Payment' by Nationwide. But will be in my Flex Accnt on Wednesday (24th).

Both transcactions were for similar amounts.

Anyone any ideas? Seems crazy or am I being fobbed off?
  • ajharris
    ajharris Posts: 135 Forumite
    Options
    The bunch of clowns at Nationwide are only 22 months behind HSBC with their fast pay implementation. I have an 07 01 16 sort code but as I now use HSBC as my main account I am not really bothered. Too little too late in my book. The fast pay issue was one of the reasons why I stopped using Nationwide for my main banking.
    Money is the headache, money is the cure!
  • noh
    noh Posts: 5,802 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    James wrote: »
    Made 2 transfers from an A&L Account to the same Nationwide Flex Account. The first on the 19th Mar, the second on the 20th March.

The one made on 20th March showed in the Flex Accnt next day (21st March).

The one made on 19th hasn't appeared.

I called A&L asking if something was wrong. I was told that the payment made on the 19th wasn't accepted as a 'Faster Payment' by Nationwide. But will be in my Flex Accnt on Wednesday (24th).

Both transcactions were for similar amounts.

Anyone any ideas? Seems crazy or am I being fobbed off?

Was Nationwide an existing payee?
    The first payment from A+L to a new payee is sent by BACS. Subsequent payments will go by FP subject to their £250 limit.
  • mutley74
    mutley74 Posts: 4,022 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    maybe if we all sent a complaint message via the online secure messaging system they may look into this. Also if we state if NW cant apply the fast system to this sort code we will move accountants to another provider who can, and that might make them sit up and take some interest.
  • James
    James Posts: 2,059 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    noh wrote: »
    Was Nationwide an existing payee?
    The first payment from A+L to a new payee is sent by BACS. Subsequent payments will go by FP subject to their £250 limit.

I've made similar amount transfers before these from A&L to N/W. All previous transactions weren't FP though.

It is strange one made on the 19th was FP and the one on the 20th BACS I presume.

Thanks
  • choc_mouse
    choc_mouse Posts: 487 Forumite
    Options
    Just did another experiment with my 07-01-16 Nationwide account.
    Successfully transferred via Faster Payments from Lloyds TSB to Nationwide:
    £250 x 2, £500, £1000. All went through to Nationwide immediately.

Tried to transfer £100 from Nationwide back to LTSB, but that went through by BACs. So looks like Nationwide is only ready to receive money at this time.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure