PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Menu Planning Tips (merged)

Options

Comments

• lex
    lex Posts: 266 Forumite
    Options
    Ok last one!! You'll all be sick of my recipes soon!
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.html?p=1522481&postcount=316

This is one of my DP's favourite!

lex
    Competition wins -
    May 09 - Horrid Henry book box set, 8GB ipod touch, Jan 10 - Creme Egg keyring, 4 Ripley's Believe it or not museum tickets! Feb 10 - Annabel Karmel snacks, Disney laptop, tumble tots back pack, tumble tots DVD, basket of fruit,
    Mar 10 - Farm Frenzy 3 PC game, GHD styler carry case, May 10 - 44 inch chest DVD
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Right... hm... :)

Would everyone who has posted a recipe in this thread PLEASE copy it into our main Old Style Recipe Collection so that it can be indexed to make it easier for people to find and, if you know how, replace the recipe here with a link.

The Old Style Recipe Collection

TYIA :)
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • lex
    Options
    I knew I'd do something wrong :confused:

I think I've managed to put the recipes in the other folder, but am not sure about the links thing I'm afraid. Will have another go in a sec..

Sorry

lex
    Competition wins -
    May 09 - Horrid Henry book box set, 8GB ipod touch, Jan 10 - Creme Egg keyring, 4 Ripley's Believe it or not museum tickets! Feb 10 - Annabel Karmel snacks, Disney laptop, tumble tots back pack, tumble tots DVD, basket of fruit,
    Mar 10 - Farm Frenzy 3 PC game, GHD styler carry case, May 10 - 44 inch chest DVD
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Lex,

Copy and paste this link into your post and then I'll delete my post.

Turkey meatballs in red pepper sauce

To learn how to do links check out Sra's Unofficial A-Z and look under Inserting Links (Guide).

Pink
  • squeaky
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    lex wrote:
    I knew I'd do something wrong :confused:

I think I've managed to put the recipes in the other folder, but am not sure about the links thing I'm afraid. Will have another go in a sec..

Sorry

lex

And it's not a problem, honest. :)

I see that Pink has pointed you to the guide already. If it all still looks like gobbledegook don't worry about it.
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • lex
    Options
    Thanks, I think I've done it right now??

Fingers crossed!

lex
    Competition wins -
  • emmie
    emmie Posts: 70 Forumite
    Options
    Have been lurking on the site for a while, haven't posted before!

Would like to start planning our meals, but where do I start?

There are 2 adults and 3 young kids(all under 4). Nothing too time-consuming, or too fancy (I'm not a great cook !) Kids are fussy, especially eldest.. would like to try cook "adult" meals with a kids twist iykwim..

Thanks
    Emmie
  • stressedoutmumof1
    Options
    A good option for adults and kids that I do is spag bol. I put loads of veggies in.. courgettes, carrots, mushrooms, tomatoes, onions etc and take a portion out just for the kids and whizz it in the blender so they don't know they're eating their veg!! :happylove
    Squares knitted for my throw ~ 90 (yes!!! I have finally finished it :rotfl: )
    Squares made for my patchwork quilt ~ 80 (only the "actual" quilting to do now :rotfl:)
  • thriftlady_2
    Options
    :hello: Hi Emmie,
    How's this?

Sunday-Roast Chicken

Monday-Chicken pie/mild chicken curry/chicken cobbler(like pie only with a scone topping)/chicken and rice(add lots of veg like carrots,peas +sweetcorn

Tuesday-Beefburgers/fishfingers/sausages/egg with beans and hm oven chips

Wednesday-Macaroni cheese/potato,onion and bacon hotpot(layer of potato,onion+bacon baked in a cheesey sauce)/bean hotpot/cheese and potato pie

Thursday-Pasta with hm tomato sauce with tuna/ham/bacon added +cheese

Friday-Fish pie/fish cakes/fish baked with a cheesey topping/salmon teriyaki(salmon fillets marinated in teriyaki sauce)

Saturday-hm pizza/Spag bol/cottage pie/beef stew

Pudding ideas

Jelly made up with juice from a tin of fruit + the fruit
    Stewed apple and plain yogurt
    Plain yogurt with soft brown sugar sprinkled on-it melts like a brulee
    Fruit crumble/pie
    Fruit salad-grapes,melon + a couple of cans of fruit in juice
    Pancakes
    Rice pud
    A bar of nice choc divided between you all.

HTH
  • squeaky
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi emmie, :)

We have a long running thread full of tips on menu planning and so I have added your question onto the end of it. Posts are listed in date order so you'll need to read this one from the beginning to catch up.

Good luck :)

A similar recent thread that might help is linked below:-

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=151842
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family