PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Menu Planning Tips (merged)

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• countrymusicfan
    Options
    Will have a look for citric acid and witch hazel in Boots. If not will try Holland and Barret. It would be great if I could make these. Essential oils are not easy to find in Inverness either. It is a "big" town but if you are looking for any thing out of the ordinary forget it.
    Time is more valuable than money. You can get more money but you can't get more time
  • crazyhazy
    crazyhazy Posts: 316 Forumite
    Options
    I hadn't been on here for ages, but just trying to get back into the meal planning thing after lapsing for a while, and was surprised to find this post started by me! Anyway, thought I'd post my 2 week meal plan in case it helped anyone.

Sunday 22nd – Beef Pie
    Monday 23rd – Macaroni cheese
    Tuesday 24th – Mince & potatoes
    Wednesday 25th – Fish in batter
    Thursday 26th – Sausage ciabatta
    Friday 27th – Corned beef hash
    Saturday 28th – Morrocan Beef & cous cous
    Sunday 29th – Chicken Balmoral
    Monday 30th – Veg Spag Bol
    Tuesday 1st – Tachos
    Wednesday 2nd – Salmon
    Thursday 3rd – Balti Chicken
    Friday 4th – Steak ciabatta
    Saturday 5th – Pizza/omelette
    Am impressed that we've got half way through and pretty much stuck to it, long may it last:j
    Total Debt (27th Nov 08) £16,707.03 Now £5,102.72
    Debt Free Date [strike]Nov 2012[/strike] August 2011
  • sandy2_2
    sandy2_2 Posts: 1,931 Forumite
    Options
    Will have a look for citric acid and witch hazel in Boots. .
    OHwent into Boots for citric acid and was told they didn't sell it anymore
  • Olliebeak
    Olliebeak Posts: 3,167 Forumite
    Options
    Will have a look for citric acid and witch hazel in Boots. If not will try Holland and Barret. It would be great if I could make these. Essential oils are not easy to find in Inverness either. It is a "big" town but if you are looking for any thing out of the ordinary forget it.

I had a google for you and this was the only firm that came up. It may be worthwhile contacting them and asking them if they could point you in the right direction. According to their website, they're based in Beauly.

http://www.highlandnaturalproducts.co.uk/page2.html
  • countrymusicfan
    Options
    Beauly is right in my back yard. Will have a look and see what I can find out.
    Time is more valuable than money. You can get more money but you can't get more time
  • countrymusicfan
    Options
    According to the website, the company is no longer in trading.
  • annelouise_2
    annelouise_2 Posts: 360 Forumite
    Options
    BOGOF_BABE

Have you ever thought of making your own caulicheese grills??

I had a go quite successfully as cost implications of buying them every week in Spain was huge.

Recipe was a bit haphazard but it went like this-

Cook cauli till al dente in salted water.
    Add previously cooked and mashed potato.
    Add strong cheddar and or grated parmesan.
    Add finely chopped sauted onions / spring onions / courgette / sweetcorn /green beans ( any combo ~)
    Mold into patties.
    Dip in beaten egg,pat with breadcrumbs.Chill 1/2 hour.
    Shallow fry in oil or spritz with oil and oven bake till crispy
    I freeze mine individually in greaseproof paper so I can get one out and bung in hot oven.

Hope this helps.

annelouise
    Be who you are and say what you think because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind....Dr Seuss
  • LearningToSave.
    LearningToSave. Posts: 1,428 Forumite
    Options

dont know if you have one near you but i noticed whilst waiting for a prescription that out lloyds chemist sells both citric acid and witch hazel.
  • countrymusicfan
    Options
    I found a small very small pharmacy in Inverness. It had both, so will try it and see.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure