We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Priceline Bidding Advice

1…5681011…25

Comments

  • blindman
    blindman Posts: 5,700 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    can anyone give me advice on booking a twin room new york from 2nd to 9th april o9 via priceline

    The information is in Post #1

    After having read that, if you have further questions then ask again.
  • blindman
    blindman Posts: 5,700 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    PJB wrote: »
    I made CCMQ 4* bid for £55 ($98) and got counter offer of £99 ($176) i using .co.uk site.
    Wife made initial bis as above for £65 ($116) and got same counter offer.
    I changed to CCMQ and North and bid £68 ($121) and this was refused.
    Would not let Wife bid again.


    Any thoughts and suggestions sought please.

    Thanks

    I assume you mean
    Amsterdam (City Center - Museum Quarter)
    The counter offer suggest the winning bid would be about £80-85

    When bidding for 4* the Amsterdam North is a free rebid.

    As my guide says:
    If you are a first time Priceline bidder then I urge you to look at BetterBidding and ask for a strategy.
  • PJB
    PJB Posts: 1,364 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Thanks Blindman,

    I have read your guide and did look at betterbidding and asked for help, which was duely replied to. Have been away and lost time and paniced a bit as only 2 weeks away!

    Can i restart a new strategy in $ or i am i screwed now they have my details. I say $ as on BB seems that 4* CCMQ (yes, i meant City Centre Museum Quarter) goes for around $110-120, about £65-70.

    Thanks again
  • blindman
    blindman Posts: 5,700 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    PJB wrote: »
    Thanks Blindman,

    I have read your guide and did look at betterbidding and asked for help, which was duely replied to. Have been away and lost time and paniced a bit as only 2 weeks away!

    Can i restart a new strategy in $ or i am i screwed now they have my details. I say $ as on BB seems that 4* CCMQ (yes, i meant City Centre Museum Quarter) goes for around $110-120, about £65-70.

    Thanks again

    Having seen your post on Betterbidding I would say you are getting some good help there so no need to ask here as well!

    If you ask for a strategy on BB then it is best to quote in $ as it is a US site.

    (As far as I can see you have not asked for a PL bidding strategy yet anyway) :confused:

    Past wins are only a guide as to what you should bid. Just because the hotel has been won at $110-120 doesn't mean it will always go for that price.
  • PJB
    PJB Posts: 1,364 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Thanks yet again Blindman,

    What do you think about:
    PJB wrote: »
    Can i restart a new strategy in $ or i am i screwed now they have my details.

    Thanks again
  • PJB
    PJB Posts: 1,364 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    blindman wrote: »
    Having seen your post on Betterbidding I would say you are getting some good help there so no need to ask here as well!

    I am, but as you say Research Research Research. I was hoping that someone on MSE may have won and not posted or not be a member of BB.

    If you ask for a strategy on BB then it is best to quote in $ as it is a US site.

    I thought i gave quotes in both, should i just leave the £ out totally.

    (As far as I can see you have not asked for a PL bidding strategy yet anyway) :confused:

    Whoops, had asked for help etc, have now asked directly for strategy.

    Past wins are only a guide as to what you should bid. Just because the hotel has been won at $110-120 doesn't mean it will always go for that price.

    I understand this but do not want to go up too much as more likely to end up with Grand Hotel K. I understand there is a risk i may anyway but want to minimise.

    Thanks again for your assistance
  • blindman
    blindman Posts: 5,700 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    PJB wrote: »


    I am, but as you say Research Research Research. I was hoping that someone on MSE may have won and not posted or not be a member of BB.

    Fair comment, but a link to the post on BB would have cleared up things.

    I thought i gave quotes in both, should i just leave the £ out totally.
    Yes just post in $ , it fits the boards templates better.


    Whoops, had asked for help etc, have now asked directly for strategy.

    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:


    I understand this but do not want to go up too much as more likely to end up with Grand Hotel K. I understand there is a risk i may anyway but want to minimise.

    If you want to miss a dodgy hotel then as has been mentioned Hotwire may be a better choice.

    Thanks again for your assistance


    BTW
    If you want to support Betterbidding there is a PayPal Link
  • PJB
    PJB Posts: 1,364 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I was not in anyway having a pop bout the research, on the contrary i am extremely grateful to you. Maybe should of put link, but am a bit of a noob.

    For anyone else who is interested here is link (taken form Blindmans post!):

    http://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?showtopic=54828

    Any views on:

    What do you think about:

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PJB viewpost.gif
    Can i restart a new strategy in $ or i am i screwed now they have my details.

    Thanks again


    Today 1:35 PM



    Thanks
  • PJB
    PJB Posts: 1,364 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Just to update an my bidding and any help , assistance or suggested further strategies would be gratefully received, thanks.
    Have decided to bid through US site.

    Previous bids (US only):
    6/9 $125 Museum City Centre(MCC) - Declined
    6/9(Rebid) $130 MCC & North(N) - Declined
    7/9 $132 MCC - Declined but offered alternative 'offers'

    Further my Wife has set up a US accaount and made the following bid:
    7/9 $133 - Counteroffer of $175 (was previuosly offered counterbid of £99 on UK site)

    Thanks for reading and any help greatly appreciated
  • PJB
    PJB Posts: 1,364 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Am looking to make a further rebid in couple of hours. Could someone please answer the following:

    1. Does the 24 hours before you can bid again start from the time of the original bid or the rebid
    2. I made bid through Betterbidding link to make original bid and sign up to PL. Do i need to keep going through link to benefit Betterbidding or can i just go into PL via the email they sent me or just signing in.

    Thanks again to everyone who has or can assist
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.