Garmin i3 Sat Nac back at 99.99 at comet

Options

Comments

• Poppycat
    Poppycat Posts: 19,913 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    The latest ones dont come with a memory card (transcard or micro SD card) but they do come with a slot to take them.

From what I gather you can add maps but they are pricey so I been told. You can add POI on the card if you purchase another oen from what I can make out.

I ordered last night a 512mb microSD card and microSD/SD convertor as I am laid to beelive the only way to add dats to the card is using a memory card reader/writer most readers dont reda microSD hence adaptor. My 512mb MicroSD and convertor costs £15 inc postage
  • JamesCharles
    Options
    Bought my first one at Christmas, and persuaded at least another 6 people to buy one! They're fantastic for the value, and far better for the occasional user than more expensive models.
    They've just been discontinued by Halfords and Office World/Staples, but you can still get them if you shop around.

I'm slightly narked - bought one for my brother last week, from Comet on-line, and it was delivered Thursday for £129.99, so if anyone knows when this deal started, I'd appreciate knowing!!

Thanks.
  • Poppycat
    Poppycat Posts: 19,913 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Comet have them online for £99.99 with free delivery. I think you are right James that its been discontinued, hopefully a newer model with appear, but this does seem to do the job anyhow, its got latest maps V8.

I only got mine yesterday so will test it out at weekend on all next week.

CPW may sell it in shops for £125 although they have it online for £125 teh shop still have it for sale for £146. I got them down a bit to £125 but they wont let it any cheaper they told me there computer system wont allow it, so no price matching.

I got my microSD card (transcard) from here

I cant vouche if this works its just I got told that it can take up to a Transcard
  • mpeattie
    mpeattie Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for all the info so far - sounds like a top bit of kit.

Anyone know if the maps include Ireland or if there is a download available?
  • Robert_Sterling
    Options
    guitaruser wrote:
    Sent me the longest way home! QUOTE]

I very much doubt that.
  • Pav
    Pav Posts: 69 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can someone please post me an 'idiots guide' to installing the speed camera location info on my i3 - do you have to pay to get this?
  • eater_of_its
    Options
    Pav wrote:
    Can someone please post me an 'idiots guide' to installing the speed camera location info on my i3 - do you have to pay to get this?

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=29719&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

I'd also like to know if it contains Irish maps and if so how good they are.
  • quoia
    quoia Posts: 14,437 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    guitaruser wrote:
    Sent me the longest way home!
    I very much doubt that.

I can well believe it - I've heard some right "horror" stories.

Jeremy Clarkson & Co had interesting "dialogue" from some SatNavs regarding directions when in the middle of the Top Gear test track.
    The machines hadn't got a clue where they were - they were spouting gibberish about turning at junctions and roundabouts in a few hundred yards and referencing road numbers neither of which existed within tens of miles !!!!

And it happens again yesterday !!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/mid/5234396.stm

I don't think I'll bother !
    There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•¿•)›
    ‹(•¿•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S LOWER CASE OMEGA;6.59 so far ..
  • LOST
    LOST Posts: 292 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    someone told me they doing them for 99.99 at Halfrauds too!
    {Signature removed by Forum Team - if you are not sure why we have removed your signature please contact the Forum Team}
  • doshi
    doshi Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    For £99 ( GBP) you really can not go wrong....:beer: Why pay £400 for the same thing with say mp3 and photos when all you want the sat nav system is to guide you to Tescos and back! :rotfl:

Just ordered a couple online from Comet. Expect them to arrive on the 11th August. I am going to give one away as a present and leave the other one at my Parents for anybody in the family to use . Willl keep you informed on how it goes otherwise I will have to find a site to complain about Comet's Online delivery experience.

:T :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport