Garmin i3 Sat Nac back at 99.99 at comet

Options

Comments

• Tharweb
    Tharweb Posts: 1,193 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    No longer coming up as free delivery. :o
    This site has saved me a fortune :money: ...it's also cost me a fortune! :doh:
    © Tharweb 2006 :D
  • lordexavier_the_2nd
    Options
    Picked one of theses beauties up yesterday from Cardiff, its for my sisters birthday but i had to give it a test run.
    Its a straight forward bit of kit that is extremely easy to use. The maps could do with a little updating but there is nothing major to worry about.
    For this price its an amazing piece of kit.

If any one is interested Newport Rd, Cardiff store had 3 of these beauties left as of 6pm yesterday (27/7/06)
    Watch out, you never know who is about.
  • Vixx_2
    Vixx_2 Posts: 159 Forumite
    Options
    Have just been to purchase one of these, however we were talked out of it by a sales assistant. He told us they wern't up to much, wasn't very good in side roads etc. now i am totally confused, are they any good or not?
  • lordexavier_the_2nd
    Options
    Did the sales assistant say something like "You dont really want this £100 unit, its a little small, not perfect. What you want is this £450 tomtom unit, its the dog nadgers".
  • Vixx_2
    Options
    Not really, we asked for a demo, he said he had used one and was 45 minutes late for an appointment. Also said "you get what you pay for", but admitted he wouldn't pay £400 for a sat nav. Husband really wants one of these, and i was all geared up to buy it but knowing nothing about them, i don't know what to do. Obviously we'd only be using them for out of town, but we really don't want to be sent 20+ mile out of our way either lol
  • lordexavier_the_2nd
    Options
    I cant help much either im afraid, Ive used the one i brough twice to test it. once to a street in the area i live which ive never heard of before and once to a tesco superstore some 30 miles away.
    I found the maps to be a little out of date on two occasions.
    1 it tried to send me down a recently converted 1 way street and the 2nd problem was it told me to take the 2nd exit at a rounabout which again had recently been changed to lights.
    On both journeys i can say that it took me the route i would have driven myself from my own experience.
    Im not saying go out and buy it but to me it seems very reasonable.

P.s im sure the maps can be updated so thats not a problem at all.
  • 996ducati
    996ducati Posts: 290 Forumite
    Options
    Vixx wrote:
    Have just been to purchase one of these, however we were talked out of it by a sales assistant. He told us they wern't up to much, wasn't very good in side roads etc. now i am totally confused, are they any good or not?

Buy one! You wont be disappointed.

I use mine daily (driving 30,000 miles a year)& wouldnt be without one. The more expensive ones have added features such as touch screen operation & larger screens etc but the i3 does what it says on the tin.

It is a small/cheap sat nav that works!
  • northern_munky
    Options
    Vixx wrote:

I have had mine since January and it has been fantastic, always got me where i want to go, it does take a couple of goes to get used to it and even if you take a wrong turn it recalculates a new route straight away. Buy one you won't regret it :D
  • Vixx_2
    Options
    Ok thanks guys you've convinced me, nice present for Hubby :D
  • Dan29
    Dan29 Posts: 4,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I know you're already convinced but just wanted to say I would also recommend the i3 :)

Got one for £99 in January after seeing the offer posted here, and it's great - although I haven't used one of the really expensive sat navs, I can't think of any features I'd use that the i3 doesn't have.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure