We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

What have you done today to make you feel proud to be a dfw?

Options

Comments

• melancholly
    melancholly Posts: 7,457 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    LJD1 wrote:
    Omg this had me laughing out loud. You sound as bad as me!

it came up in conversation...................honest :o !!
    :happyhear
  • LookingAhead
    LookingAhead Posts: 4,633 Forumite
    Options
    Anyone got anything today?

I have:

Arranged to pay £150 off my Barclaycard which takes me below £14k total debt now (hooray) although this may go up again temporarily later this month (booo) and in September as got a whole shedload of things to pay for but I am determined to recoup towards end of year, minus bloody CC debts.

Posted cancellation of greeting card 'club' thing I signed up for a couple of months ago...I was determined to only use them for the freebie but then got mixed up and ended up buying some this month too (grrr). Never mind it was only £7 and I am cancelling it now.

Rang Marbles to check they closed an account I instructed them to close back in January. I never did get a letter to confirm so I thought I would check...and yes it was closed.

Have cast my eye over my projected spends for the next three months or so. It makes pretty dire reading in places with me hitting the overdraft again :sad: for a while but it's a cheaper interest rate than the credit card so it's an informed decision and I can't avoid the upcoming costs. (Oh I can't wait for next year when I can actually SAVE some money!)

Have now caught BF reading "The Money Diet" twice.....and have said nothing...just wandered off with a secret smile. Absorb it baby...absorb!

Spread the word of Pigsback & Quidco to many people today on a group email and one colleague gathered an almighty 300+ points in one hour! Don't know what the total was before the end of the day!

Only spent money on bus fare to & from work today.

Did another review on Ciao and looked at/commented on other reviews. I requested my first Ciao payment yesterday...only £8 but hey it's £8 I need!

So I think I did quite a lot today! I hope I can do some more tomorrow....it's DFW nose to the grindstone for me over the remainder of the Summer and beginning of Autumn. :rolleyes:
    Bank Balance: In the black for the moment.
    Sainsburys Loan: Cleared July 2010
    Credit cards: AMEX Airmiles Card: direct debit set to clear balance monthly
  • lynsayjane
    lynsayjane Posts: 3,547 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    :T looking ahead, sounds like you've had a superday!

i've done not too bad either, listed another six items on ebay, only 1.50 each but thats £9 off my debts (18 if u include stuff already on) if they all sell.

signed up to my college course which will mean i can get into postgrad teaching next year and get a bigger salary, so long term dfw!

put cheque from tv license into bank and will add it to the fifty i put aside to pay off some of my od! :j

posted my preliminary letter to bos to claim charges, recorded delivery obviously.
  • LJD1_2
    LJD1_2 Posts: 2,173 Forumite
    Options
    Well done on getting below £14 K on your debts. It's always great to see it coming down! Yeahhhhh!
    January budget
    Nothing left!
  • bobbadog
    bobbadog Posts: 1,606 Forumite
    Options
    My boyfriend and I finally have our own place sorted, and we're moving in on August 12th.... so whilst juggling my debts and his 'just finished college and new at his job' money worries, we've had to buy some new bits.

We got:

A 4 piece gorgeous Morphy Richards saucepan set from Argos (free with Envirofone points)
    A stand up fan from Argos (free with Environfone!)
    A frying pan - from Argos (cost £1.50, rest Environfone points and Nectar!)
    A kettle from Tesco (14.99, but £2.50 Clubcard vouchers used)
    Wok in Matalan (£11 and no money saved with vouchers, but same one £22 in Argos!)

AND OH found a lovely new-ish vaccumn in a skip near work - he unblocked it and we spent £11.79 on a new head/brushes for it - so new £70 vacuum for £11.79!

Shame it's all money-out and not money-in, but I s'pose that's what eBay is for. Thank you to Martin for introducing Environfone! :money:
  • youngmum_2
    youngmum_2 Posts: 242 Forumite
    Options
    bobbadog wrote:
    My boyfriend and I finally have our own place sorted, and we're moving in on August 12th.... so whilst juggling my debts and his 'just finished college and new at his job' money worries, we've had to buy some new bits.

We got:

A 4 piece gorgeous Morphy Richards saucepan set from Argos (free with Envirofone points)
    A stand up fan from Argos (free with Environfone!)
    A frying pan - from Argos (cost £1.50, rest Environfone points and Nectar!)
    A kettle from Tesco (14.99, but £2.50 Clubcard vouchers used)
    Wok in Matalan (£11 and no money saved with vouchers, but same one £22 in Argos!)

AND OH found a lovely new-ish vaccumn in a skip near work - he unblocked it and we spent £11.79 on a new head/brushes for it - so new £70 vacuum for £11.79!

Shame it's all money-out and not money-in, but I s'pose that's what eBay is for. Thank you to Martin for introducing Environfone! :money:

Hey, you did good! :beer:

*Goes off to find out what Envirofone is.....*
  • Had a rummage through old handbags last night, found £2 and a coffee loyalty card full up so got a free shop coffee this morning on the way in to work :j Looking forward to a no spend day today.
    DFW Nerd no: 149 ;)

• Gemmzie
    Gemmzie Posts: 14,876 Forumite
    Options
    MBNA only asked for £5 this month but we paid £60 :T

Also have found all my games and consoles which I never play anymore to sell, just need to locate the boxes tonight
    No longer using this account for new posts from 2013
  • bobbadog
    bobbadog Posts: 1,606 Forumite
    Options
    youngmum wrote:
    Hey, you did good! :beer:

*Goes off to find out what Envirofone is.....*

http://www.envirofone.com/

Old mobiles for cash or Argos vouchers :) x
  • lynsayjane
    lynsayjane Posts: 3,547 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    when my shopping arrived this morn i cut up my garlic bread into portions (wnother dfw's tip!) and froze them so no waste and no feeling like a pie cause i ate all of it!

am also going to the cinema at 12 to see garfield 2, not too bothered about seeing it but since i cancelled my pass and it expires next month i'm gonna go as often as possible to make the most of my last month.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport