🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Avon Hints and Tips (Part 4)

Options

Comments

• lucyclare
    lucyclare Posts: 374 Forumite
    Options
    Hi All Hope everyone is ok. Well it was delivery day yesterday and ended up with one very damaged box, luckly nothing missing :mrgreen: However today I have had an email from someone claiming to be doing market research for Avon. However something about the email looks a bit dodgy so have emailed Avon concerning it. I will post their reply once I get one. However I was wondering if anyone else had recieved a similar email. Its from someone called Zsolt Kovacs whos email is [EMAIL="zsolt.kovacs@avon.com"]zsolt.kovacs@avon.com[/EMAIL] but the link to click just seems weird :cool:

Sorry to hear about your delivery, but as for the email, I wouldnt touch it with someone else's bargepole!

(pole! get it) heeeheee, but seriously, dont go there.
    :T wealth is a state of mind :T
  • lozza1985
    lozza1985 Posts: 3,373 Forumite
    Options
    aless02 wrote: »
    lozza - are those your earnings in your sig or your sales? I'm having getting info/figuring what I can realistically expect to earn. Only the one baby right now, so I think I could put a decent time commitment into it (prolly that of a P/T job?).

Oh and also (sorry for all the nebby questions!): DH's major concern is safety. Is this something you think about? Ways to make him feel better?

I'll stop now, I promise. :o

Its my sales - I think most peoples signatures is there sales, rather than their earnings. I get approx 25% of my sales figures, so at least £100 a campaign if not more. I work full time and find it fits in well - though my signature is the figures for both mine, and OH sales combined as he is a rep also with his own territory (though we share the workload, as with working shifts sometimes oh is off during the week while I'm at work so he'll deliver/collect books then).

For safety - just make sure someone knows when you are going out delivery/collecting brochures/delivering orders, and they know which streets your territory are, and let them know when you are back. Don't go into peoples houses obviously. I've never had any problems and some of my streets are a little rough. Maybe get an attack alarm to wear as well.

With avon, you don't pay anything upfront, and if you don't submit an order, you won't owe anything - so if you are seriously thinking about it - go for it! Its the only way to find out if it will work for you, and if you will enjoy it. I'd suggest though joining with a sales leader rather than an area manager (so don't apply through the official avon website). I joined with an area manager, and get absolutely no support. With a *good* sales leader you will get a lot more help & support - area managers view new reps as figures to help them hit their targets, a good sales leader will want to help you so that you stay for a long time, area managers think so long as you submit one order then they don't care much. To find a sales leader - look in your local newspaper theres usually an advert in there, or in a local shop/post office etc, ring/email them, and ask a few questions - see if they are pushy or if they seem honest, and if you like the sound of them!
    Avon Lady since 2009 - I help on the Avon hints & tips thread to help other reps/new sales leaders as I was helped so much by it when I first started out :A
  • groovychick69
    groovychick69 Posts: 172 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi is anyone still on Campaign 6?? A customer has asked for an item of jewellery which doesnt seem available in 7 or 8. Can anyone help dont want to let he down??
  • groovychick69
    groovychick69 Posts: 172 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    chops05 wrote: »
    Hiya, quick question. My mum has ordered the tummy toner thing and in the instructions it mentions using a water based gel. Anyone know where she can get some from?

Thanks
    Sarah

KY Jelly??, might want to buy it in supermarket though save any embarassment!!
  • Fiver29
    Fiver29 Posts: 18,620 Forumite
    edited 11 May 2010 at 6:44PM
    Options
    chops05 wrote: »
    Hiya, quick question. My mum has ordered the tummy toner thing and in the instructions it mentions using a water based gel. Anyone know where she can get some from?

Thanks
    Sarah
    My mum used to have a Slendertone, which I think works in a similar way. And she just used to use the cheap Oil of Olay (or Ulay as it was in those days).
    Moving onto a better place...Ciao :wave:
  • lozza1985
    lozza1985 Posts: 3,373 Forumite
    Options
    Hi is anyone still on Campaign 6?? A customer has asked for an item of jewellery which doesnt seem available in 7 or 8. Can anyone help dont want to let he down??

There won't be anywhere on campaign 7 - most areas are onto campaign 9 now, so it could be in that brochure? What piece of jewellery was it?
    Avon Lady since 2009 - I help on the Avon hints & tips thread to help other reps/new sales leaders as I was helped so much by it when I first started out :A
  • Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Fiver29 wrote: »
    Thanks I'll take a look. It's such a long thread that I started at the end rather than the beginning :D

Hi Fiver

it's on the first page, first post, if you read down to near the end of the post, there is a link to Elliebee's useful hints and tips sheet.

She has some really good tips that really work, I've learnt new things from her. :)
  • Elliebee_2
    Elliebee_2 Posts: 855 Forumite
    Options
    :o Thanks Aureol but it's entirely mutual ;)

The nice thing about this forum is that we can all learn from and support each other. We all had to start somewhere so never mind people asking basic questions (and, no, there really is no such thing as a silly question when you're starting out).

Go for it girls (& fellas) :D
    'Better to ask a silly question than to make a silly mistake' Elliebee's Mum ;)

Avon Lady 2007-2010
  • Gloversgirl
    Gloversgirl Posts: 154 Forumite
    Options
    OMG! Its taken ages to catch up with posts!

Ive had a busy 2 days with Avon!

Delivery came yesterday, got it all checked off and packed last night, had books to collect this morning and then deliveries tonight, while doing my normal job in between!!!!

Managed to get most of the deliveries done. Am struggling with sales on my new territory, am just hoping its that they are 'testing' me to see if i will be back. A few ladies told me they have never had same rep twice, so now i am gonna break that!!!

In my literature i got the bit that said i had got the 5 piece kitchen utensil set but then it went on to say due to volcanis ash supply has been affected. Am i likely to get this then or not?

Also, little excited, but got pens and a folder for hitting sales on my 3rd and 4th campaigns! Wooooooooop!
    C7 - 221.05 :j C8 - 308.07 :j C9 - 250.84 :j C10 - £525.25 :j:j C11 - £467.91 :j C12 - 491.44 :j C13 - £442.09 :j C14 - £357.95 :j
  • lucyclare
    lucyclare Posts: 374 Forumite
    Options
    Gloversgirl

Well done you on an amazing result for your C10 Sales. You doubled your C9. Way to go!
    :T wealth is a state of mind :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family