🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Avon Hints and Tips (Part 4)

Options

Comments

• chops05
    chops05 Posts: 178 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oops just realised my signature needs updating!! lol
  • lucyclare
    lucyclare Posts: 374 Forumite
    Options
    chops05 wrote: »
    Hiya, quick question. My mum has ordered the tummy toner thing and in the instructions it mentions using a water based gel. Anyone know where she can get some from?

Thanks
    Sarah

A chemist or ebay. Same sort of stuff they use for baby scans. 'conductive gel'
    :T wealth is a state of mind :T
  • aless02
    aless02 Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    Options
    Hello all...have been doing lots of reading about Avon the past few days and still going back and forth on whether to try it or not. Would it be very silly of me with very minimal experience of Avon products to even try? I could learn quickly and certainly pretend I use them often...just wondering how lucrative it could be as would love to find something so I don't have to go back to work after my maternity leave.

If there's any Sales Leaders in London (south) that could PM me or maybe that I could have a chat to before diving in head-first, that would be awesome. :A:A Or really just any words of advice/encouragement/warning to a complete newbie.

Thanks!

Also, I notice lots of you refer to having small ones in pushchairs...it is practical to do this with a <1 yr old in tow, right? (as in, it wouldn't put people off or anything) I'm not the boldest person in the world, but Avon appeals as it's an established, very well-known brand. I can't drive, but I figure being in London that's not a huge issue as I can just walk my territory?? (DH could drive in a pinch if there was a huge delivery or something)
    top 2013 wins: iPad, £50 dental care, £50 sportswear, £50 Nectar GC, £300 B&Q GC; jewellery, Bumbo, 12xPringles, 2xDiesel EDT, £25 Morrisons, £50 Loch Fyne

would like to win a holiday, please!!
    :xmassmile Mummy to Finn - 12/09; Micah - 08/12! :j
  • lozza1985
    lozza1985 Posts: 3,373 Forumite
    Options
    Certainly not a problem if you've never used avon products before, you don't get that many people asking about products to be honest, and if someone wasn't sure, just tell them theres the 90 day guarantee so to order it, try it and see what they think.

Not a problem if you don't drive, there is usually some territory within walking distance. Lots of people do avon with young children in tow - lots of my customers seem to assume because I'm an "avon lady" I have kids (which I don't) so it certainly won't put anyone off!
    Avon Lady since 2009 - I help on the Avon hints & tips thread to help other reps/new sales leaders as I was helped so much by it when I first started out :A
  • Noglet
    Noglet Posts: 75 Forumite
    Options
    aless02 wrote: »

Also, I notice lots of you refer to having small ones in pushchairs...it is practical to do this with a <1 yr old in tow, right? (as in, it wouldn't put people off or anything) I'm not the boldest person in the world, but Avon appeals as it's an established, very well-known brand. I can't drive, but I figure being in London that's not a huge issue as I can just walk my territory?? (DH could drive in a pinch if there was a huge delivery or something)

I started doing Avon in Feb. I have a 4year (at school), 3 year old (does 4 x 3 hr sessions as playschool) and a 1 year old. I do all my brochure dropping and collecting with at least 1 child in tow - I just keep it to relatively small drops so that they don't get bored (but have to do it more often). When the littlest starts playschool I plan to do larger more efficient drops. I do save the deliveries for the evening when hubbie can look after the kids (not enough room in the pushchair for kids and deliveries!). You can see my sales levels from my signature, I think it is worthwhile.
    C5 £202 :); C6£541 :j; C7 £502; C8 £379; C9 £379
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Money_maker
    Money_maker Posts: 5,471 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I did Avon all through my pregnancy, DH and DS1 covered for me when the little one was born then I just continued on. DH & DS1 also covered when I broke my ankle so if you have a tricky day then perhaps your DH can help out. Mind you, think some of my ladies quite liked having a couple of fellas delivering to them...
    Please do not quote spam as this enables it to 'live on' once the spam post is removed. ;)

If you quote me, don't forget the capital 'M'

Declutterers of the world - unite! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • aless02
    aless02 Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    edited 11 May 2010 at 2:50PM
    Options
    lozza - are those your earnings in your sig or your sales? I'm having getting info/figuring what I can realistically expect to earn. Only the one baby right now, so I think I could put a decent time commitment into it (prolly that of a P/T job?).

Oh and also (sorry for all the nebby questions!): DH's major concern is safety. Is this something you think about? Ways to make him feel better?

I'll stop now, I promise. :o
    top 2013 wins: iPad, £50 dental care, £50 sportswear, £50 Nectar GC, £300 B&Q GC; jewellery, Bumbo, 12xPringles, 2xDiesel EDT, £25 Morrisons, £50 Loch Fyne

would like to win a holiday, please!!
    :xmassmile Mummy to Finn - 12/09; Micah - 08/12! :j
  • pinkpig08
    pinkpig08 Posts: 2,829 Forumite
    Options
    Hello all...have been doing lots of reading about Avon the past few days and still going back and forth on whether to try it or not. Would it be very silly of me with very minimal experience of Avon products to even try? I could learn quickly and certainly pretend I use them often...just wondering how lucrative it could be as would love to find something so I don't have to go back to work after my maternity leave.

If there's any Sales Leaders in London (south) that could PM me or maybe that I could have a chat to before diving in head-first, that would be awesome. :A:A Or really just any words of advice/encouragement/warning to a complete newbie.

Thanks!

Hi aless :)

I'm on my 3rd campaign so far so am a bit of a newbie too. I take C with me in the pushchair when I go out delivering brochures. I take the big pram so I can fit the books in the shopping basket. Makes it quite heavy but gets lighter as you go. DH sometimes comes with me in the car delivering orders. It won't make you big money to start with, but for me any extra is a bonus! It also gets me out walking which is good - the only thing I;m dreading is going in the rain!
    Sealed Pot Challenge #817 £50 banked :)
  • lucyclare
    lucyclare Posts: 374 Forumite
    Options
    Hello all...have been doing lots of reading about Avon the past few days and still going back and forth on whether to try it or not. Would it be very silly of me with very minimal experience of Avon products to even try? I could learn quickly and certainly pretend I use them often...just wondering how lucrative it could be as would love to find something so I don't have to go back to work after my maternity leave.Also, I notice lots of you refer to having small ones in pushchairs...it is practical to do this with a <1 yr old in tow, right? (as in, it wouldn't put people off or anything) I'm not the boldest person in the world, but Avon appeals as it's an established, very well-known brand. I can't drive, but I figure being in London that's not a huge issue as I can just walk my territory?? (DH could drive in a pinch if there was a huge delivery or something)

Hey Aless02

As with everyone else, I would have to say, give it a whirl. I am a Sales Leader and one of my first team members (now on 4th order) started on a Friday and placed her first order 5 days later on the wednesday with an order value of £260+ That is excellent, but to top it off, she had a 4 week old baby and 1yr old little girl in tow.
    She just gets out, pushes the pram and delivers and picks up. She has a bag over the handles of her pram for books that wont fit underneath.

So far, her average sales are £350 a camp and well on her way to associate PC. I am really proud of her and call her my Pocket Rocket! She is so happy getting out and about, chatting to people and everyone is really sweet with the kids.

Give it a go. All you have to lose is your time. And a lot to gain. Money and new friends. Dont forget to take an Avon book with you everywhere you go and pick up orders off friends and family.

Take care and good luck
    :T wealth is a state of mind :T
  • minigirl762003
    Options
    Hi All Hope everyone is ok. Well it was delivery day yesterday and ended up with one very damaged box, luckly nothing missing :mrgreen: However today I have had an email from someone claiming to be doing market research for Avon. However something about the email looks a bit dodgy so have emailed Avon concerning it. I will post their reply once I get one. However I was wondering if anyone else had recieved a similar email. Its from someone called Zsolt Kovacs whos email is zsolt.kovacs@avon.com but the link to click just seems weird :cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport