NEW: Got questions about energy? Put them to Gary and Andrew from MSE's Utilities team during our energy-themed 'Ask An Expert' event. Check back here from Tuesday 9 August, 12pm

Is it the real thing?

in Money Saving Polls
42 replies 4.1K views
Former_MSE_AndreaFormer_MSE_Andrea Former MSE
9.6K Posts
1,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've helped Parliament Rampant Recycler
Forumite
Poll started 24 July 2006: Is it the real thing? Coca-Cola is rated the world's biggest brand worth around £40 billion, and Pepsi ain't doing so bad either. So is it just the brand or is it the taste too? Which of these is nearest your answer?

a. Coke/Pepsi are best. I only buy them
b. Coke/Pepsi are best. Yet I'll still buy decent cheaper own brand
c. Coke/Pepsi are best. Yet I still go for the cheapest I can find.
d. Can't taste the different. I buy Coke/Pepsi anyway
e. Can't taste the difference. I buy a decent own brand
f. Can't taste the difference. I buy the cheapest I can find

Vote here or click reply to discuss
Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
Join the MSE Forum
Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
Point out a rate/product change
Flag a news story: [email protected]

Replies

• I voted (a) because my tastes buds are in perfect working order. :D
  • I suppose I should be voting (f). But I haven't voted because the only time I buy these products is when I want to descale the kettle or get rid of limescale in the toilet.

I can't imagine actually drinking the stuff!
    If it’s not important to you, don’t consume it
  • IvanOpinionIvanOpinion Forumite
    21.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Anybody who can't taste the difference needs to take a wire brush and dettol to their tongue to clean off the gunge. Personally I prefer Coke over anything ... I claim it is because it is not as sweet whereas DW tells me that I am too old to be part of the new generation.

My favourite though is Maine cola. My dentist just slaps me round the head though and tells me to stop drinking that rubbish.

Can I also add that 'diet' versions are foul.

Ivan
    Board sex symbol
  • The yanks ought to import root beer. thats a decent pop. Otherwise Irn Bru or Vimto.
    I wonder why it is, that young men are always cautioned against bad girls. Anyone can handle a bad girl. It's the good girls men should be warned against.-David Niven
  • FiferFifer Forumite
    59.4K Posts
    Can I also add that 'diet' versions are foul.
    Anything diet is foul. Calories, unfortunately, are delicious.
    There's love in this world for everyone. Every rascal and son of a gun.
    It's for the many and not the few. Be sure it's out there looking for you.
    In every town, in every state. In every house and every gate.
    Wth every precious smile you make. And every act of kindness.
    Micheal Marra, 1952 - 2012
  • You can't beat "original" Coke out of a chilled glass bottle without a glass. Pepsi is just too sweet!. The diet versions always leave a nasty aftertaste.
    There is a pleasure in the pathless woods, There is a rapture on the lonely shore, There is society, where none intrudes, By the deep sea, and music in its roar: I love not man the less, but Nature more...
  • Smiley_MumSmiley_Mum Forumite
    3.8K Posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Don't drink coke, only water or fruit juice for me. Last time I bought a bottle of coke it was Tesco Value which was chucked down the toilet to descale it..
    “Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.” - Oscar Wilde
  • IvanOpinionIvanOpinion Forumite
    21.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Smiley_Mum wrote:
    Don't drink coke, only water or fruit juice for me.
    My dentist tells me that most fruit juices are just as acidic (if not more acidic) than coke and can do as much damage .. I am however assuming that all those 'Ted Hutchinsons' contained in fruit juice are much better for you :D:D

Ivan

PS: I think I have invented a new way of describing something of benefit to you .. I would like to take this opportunity of copyrighting the description and will sue anybody else who uses it :D:D
    Board sex symbol
  • rubix_76rubix_76 Forumite
    216 Posts
    You can't beat "original" Coke out of a chilled glass bottle without a glass. Pepsi is just too sweet!. The diet versions always leave a nasty aftertaste.

I's funny you should say that, cos my taste buds tell me the opposite, I think Coke is too sweet, but then I like in order of preference:

Pepsi Max
    Diet Coke
    Diet Pepsi

So bring on the sweetners !!! :j

Can't stand all the ones with lemon, or lime, or whatever else they want to add to it now !!!
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.
  • scott_lithgowsscott_lithgows Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Dont drink any type of coke-it,s disgusting.In the recent hot spell i,ve been drinking Asda,s fruit salad squash in ice cold water.....fantastic.
    I have a deep burning indifference
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Homes, hornets & high heels

This week's MSE Forum highlights

MSE Forum

Kids eat for 'free' or £1 this summer

Little ones can enjoy hot meals for less

MSE Deals