PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

TEA BAG CLEANING for toilets

Options
123457»

Comments

• Jkowal
    Jkowal Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 25 October 2012 at 11:29PM
    Options
    I'm going to post all the best cleaning methods on the blog:
    clean-toilet.blogspot.com
    maybe I'll post sth about the tea bag method soon.
  • poppellerant
    poppellerant Posts: 1,936 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi there, I think the best toilet cleaner I have ever used is TESCO Toilet limescale remover. It's in a blue 'bleach' type container and is great. Costs about 79 pence. I push as much water out down the pipe as possible using a loo brush, squirt it on and leave as long as possible. I tried dozens of cleaners before this one - now I wouldn't use anything else. My sister thought she was going to have to get a new toilet until she tried this.....
    highly recommended!!!!
    My mum used to use SANILAV but I can't find that so I stick to Tesco's.
    If you're worried about chemicals in the house keep the lid down 'til you flush!!!
    I realise this was posted in 2006, so I want to ask if you can still buy this Tesco bleach or not?
  • Uniscots97
    Uniscots97 Posts: 6,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I realise this was posted in 2006, so I want to ask if you can still buy this Tesco bleach or not?

Yes, you can

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=253399860

Its £1.10 now or currently on offer 2 for £1.50 (Just shows you how prices have gone up doesn't it?)
    CC2 = £8687.86 ([STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE] )CC1 = £0 ([STRIKE]£9983[/STRIKE] ); Reusing shopping bags savings =£5.80 vs spent £1.05.Wine is like opera. You can enjoy it even if you don't understand it and too much can give you a headache the next day J
  • quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i had awful linescale in my last house which meant that my toilet always looked stained i just lived with it covering it with bloo, but when we were moving i tried to fix it for the enw people coming, so i used vinegar, and now it did work it took a good bit off, but i got some of that black domestos in the poundshop and i was so surprised it was fansatic, now it's really thick and i'd used the whole bottle in 2 goes, but it took away what a week of vinegar and scrubbing couldn't (we weren't living there at the time so i was leaving vinegar in for 24hrs or so then scrubbing and repeating)

I would def recommend trying it.It's usually £2 in supermarkets and £1 in poundland (altho you get slightly less)
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family