We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 11

1…642643645647648…1499

Comments

  • Sami_Bee
    Sami_Bee Posts: 14,555 Forumite
    All together _pale_



    Oh :mad: that means I will have a red card waiting for me

    I got 10 too :o

    Sami I only got boys - are your 5 girlie ones for future use?
    I'm not sure what I was thinking tbh :o either keep for a girl or sell on ebay


    Eurgh!! Chris just stood up on the sofa next to me and spat :eek::mad:
    He had better not start spitting again - I'll beat him if he does :p disgusting, I have no idea where he gets it from?
    The very best is sometimes what nature gives us for free.
    3onitsway wrote: »
    I think Sami is right, as always!
  • Sami_Bee
    Sami_Bee Posts: 14,555 Forumite
    Pampers nappies are on offer in Morrisons in case anyone doesn't know :)
    The very best is sometimes what nature gives us for free.
    3onitsway wrote: »
    I think Sami is right, as always!
  • searching_me
    searching_me Posts: 18,414 Forumite
    right off to get a few things .. philip says im like a dog always wanting to be out :rotfl: be back soon x
    :)Still searching .....:)
  • Right - Sainsbugs - stage 2 jars around 50p each and stage 3 70p
    Boots - only have offers on Hipp - stage 2 - 6 for £3.50 (58p each) and stage 3 -3 for £2.50 (83p each) Not much variety and I don't think I could spend £20 cos it would be cheaper to get snacks and packets from Sainsbury too!

    Oh, and bounty sent me a card for another pack and if I get it from Sainsburys it has a £5 clothes voucher in it! Sainsburys it is :)

    Bibs - I'll have to put a hold on the ebaying until my competitors (Tia) have listed and sold theirs :p
  • elle_gee
    elle_gee Posts: 8,584 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    I've had a clearout of all the milk storage pots and expressing kit I've got. Was fed up of seeing the (empty) pots in the cupboard so I've thrown out half of them - didn't quite realise how many I had! Feel a bit better now :)
  • ticklepenny_2
    ticklepenny_2 Posts: 1,160 Forumite
    Just popping back in for a nosey. Hope everyone is well. Have decided with OH that if I can lose 3 stone in 5 months we will try for a brother or sister for isabella! Yay! Now just to lose 3 stone lol.

    On the BF front I was adament that I didnt want to use formula, but things never seem to follow a set plan with a newborn lol. 48 hours after my Csection I was discharged after Midwives telling me I was latching brilliantly "a natural" :rolleyes: and that my milk would come in shortly.
    From the moment I got home on the friday I spent all of my time trying to feed Isabella, but she never seemed to get enough. Monday morning the Midwife visited and weighed Isabella who had dropped from 10lb03oz to 8lb12oz. So having had only 3-4 hours sleep all weekend I was distraught, and we were sent back to hospital.
    The Dr's said she was well hydrated, so they advised me to top up with formula to quench her hunger as well as express to see how much I was producing. Isabella slept straight after the formula, and I slept as soon as expressing machine had finished.... I had only produced 10ml combined from both sides . The Dr decided that Isabella would need a care plan, basically I was to BF then FF and express to up my supply. We spent 5 days in Hospital working this pattern.
    My midwife put me in touch with my local Baby cafe, lots of women who breast feed their babies, and almost everyone I spoke to had experienced something different. I would recommend to anyone struggling, search out you nearest babycafe and go along for a chat.
    In all honesty throughout the 12 weeks I BF I was getting frustrated, upset and angry at myself as I felt like a failure. I had increased my supply from 10ml to 70ml, but Isabella had needed more and more formula. So rather than getting wound up with myself I switched to formula only. My HV did say that I was going to find it hard as big babies tend to have big appetites. When I have my next baby (planning already) I will try again to BF, this experience has not put me off. It has just taught me that when you have a baby you just have to take the rough with the smooth and give yourself time to adjust. I wish I'd gone over to FF sooner so i could have enjoyed the first 12 weeks more.

    OMG sorry didnt mean for the post to be sooo long :o
    DS1 arrived 22/02/11! 8lb3oz
    DD1 arrived 20/05/09 10lb3oz
    *Post Baby Weight loss start 23st5lb [STRIKE]now 19st 13lbs[/STRIKE] Post pregnancy weight #2 22st3lbs now 20st12*
  • aless02
    aless02 Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    ooo so has the Sainsbury's 1/3 off started already then? need to pick up some swim nappies AND I have a voucher :D
    top 2013 wins: iPad, £50 dental care, £50 sportswear, £50 Nectar GC, £300 B&Q GC; jewellery, Bumbo, 12xPringles, 2xDiesel EDT, £25 Morrisons, £50 Loch Fyne

    would like to win a holiday, please!!
    :xmassmile Mummy to Finn - 12/09; Micah - 08/12! :j
  • BeenieCat
    BeenieCat Posts: 6,567 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    HV just been and visited unexpectedly. She said there's a scheme to help with decorating and stuff, but they're on community service lol! She said if i get all the stuff then they'll send some people over to do it, and all i have to do is go out for the day. They're supervised though (her answer to me saying "what if they nick me telly") lmao.
    So that would be good for the living room/stairs. It's a big job for little me, cos the stairs are sorta open plan in the living room so has to be done together.
  • tiamai_d
    tiamai_d Posts: 11,987 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    NMS, sorry hun!

    I listed the blue ones, 30 day listing (5 items BIN 3.49 free postage). No point waiting, there are lots on there, so just sling them on. Was only 40p too.
  • Was only joking - best make sure mine have turned up before I start listing them :)
    Oh, 40p to list, next to nothing to sent out (especially if I do it through work) and some paypal fees. Nice couple of quid profit :D
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.