Mummytogirls - 100 years to be debtfree - I think not!

Options

Comments

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Have a lovely Christmas eve MTG :xmastree:
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Evening Diary,

Just popping on to say hope you all have a lovely couple of days. Weve had a lovely day today with bowling this morning and our meal out tonight.

Unfortunately things haven't been as good for my sister who was broken into over night and their car was taken along with a few other things. Said [STRIKE]burglars[/STRIKE] b@stards returned mid afternoon and took BIL van :eek:. I doubt either will be recovered. Other than the critical illness cover we also need to get our door locks changed to the anti-snap ones. Especially now DH has his new car.

Happy Christmas all :xmassign: xx
    Mummytogirls x

• pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Mummy I hope you have a lovely Christmas. I'm so sorry about your sister being broken into there really are some heartless ba$t@rd$ out there and it makes me so angry that certain types of people think it is ok to just take from hard working people.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,505 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    What a blow for your SIL just before Christmas too :( We've been broken into twice - once in our old house then again about 18 years ago in this house. It really makes you angry with the thieving bar stewards more than anything. Hope she gets everything sorted quickly.

Hope you've had a fab day today, I bet the girls have been super excited :). All the spending is done now MTG, back to money saving :)
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Merry Christmas Mummy. Sorry to hear about the break in :( Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Afternoon Diary,

Happy Boxing Day all!!

I hope you all had lovely days yesterday. We had a great one, lovely presents, tasty dinner, visitors and then we went round to my friends parents for an evening of drinks and games! We rolled in just after midnight :D.

This morning weve started the day with a bacon sandwich and got the house back in order once again. One load of washing is in the dryer and just put another load in. Never ends does it!

Thanks for all the message re sisters break in, its awful at best of times but Christmas eve especially with little ones.

So today we need to nip out shortly to drop DD2 with Grandad for football. Then after football he's coming round with family and were having a roast beef which is currently cooking away in the slow cooker. Then more delicious puddings :D.

Just having some lemon water to help with the over indulgence yesterday before I start again today :rotfl:.

Hope all ok and enjoying some family time xx
    Mummytogirls x

• redofromstart
    Options
    Oh your poor sister, that must have been horrendous. The hardest bit is sleeping for months afterwards as your ears fine tune to every noise.
  • debtfreeoneday
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your sis, that's just rubbish, I hope they find them!
    DFW (08/08) £64,346.53 Gone (02/19)
    MFW (08/08) £118k Gone (09/23)
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Morning Diary,

A lazy one here today, was contemplating the gym... will just keep contemplating for now :rotfl:.

DD's are just in the kitchen making ginger bread houses they were bought as a gift. Apparently the icing is rubbish in sticking it together, I just had words with DD2 about being more grateful about the present someone has taken the time to buy them :cool:. If there is one thing I can't be doing with its ungrateful behaviour!

Hoping today will be a NSD, can't even remember the last time I had one :eek:. This is now going to change again. Will set myself a goal of 10 for January.

Also need to write a list of jobs for January such as buying birthday cards well in advance to get the best deal instead of rushing to the coop and spending a fortune.

Thats about from me. Hope all ok xx
    Mummytogirls x

• redofromstart
    Options
    She is right, the icing is rubbish at sticking those things together. We had more success with melted chocolate in the end but had to do one join at a time and prop them up till they set. They look great in the sets but I'd never buy one again!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure