Mummytogirls - 100 years to be debtfree - I think not!

Options

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,527 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi there mummy! Hope all is well with you and your clan! My payday is last working day in month used to be 25th but they changed it - bless them!

Have a lovely weekend with or without good weather!
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning Diary,

Sunday again already! These weekends go far too fast although im pretty sure I say that every week haha!!!

So Friday I went to the farmshop without DD2 may I add! Spent £10 including £4 in the garden bit on some compost and purple sprouting brocolli plants. They are looking very good along with my strawberries, fingers crossed we get a good year out of them.

Yesterday was a SSD, took my Mr A's giftcard and bought DDs something towards their holiday wardrobe, a present for a party DD1 was going to and a few bits we needed. Only had to add £5 extra so nothing too expensive! DD1 chose a moshi monsters swimming cossie and DD2 chose shorts and tshirt! Hope the weather good ha!

So today is NSD4 :j. Got some port steaks out of the freezer to make with Ginos sticky bbq sauce later for tea with golden syrup cake and icecream for afters. Lunch will be some concoction of eggs and bacon left over in the fridge no doubt!
    I took DD1 to her swimming lesson and she did really well. Have enquired to get DD2 moved to Sunday aswell, fingers crossed theyve got a space as it would be so much better getting both lessons out the way on a Sunday morning.
    1 load of washing done so need to go peg out. It does look slightly overcast but apparently no rain so might aswell whilst im here.
    Just done my Mr T's order to come Thursday night as the slots are more expensive on a Friday! I will have been paid by the time the payment goes out.

SA, im sure it feels like a longer month when you have to wait til the last date. DH's moved from the 28th to the last day and it feels longer than mine im sure!

Caught up with my cleaning and ironing yesterday so just pottering about today. Hope everyones ok xx
    Mummytogirls x

• PinotGrigio41
    PinotGrigio41 Posts: 4,213 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hiya just wanted to drop by to say Ive been reading but not had much chance to post. Sorry ! :o I have been a bit elusive on the dairies of ate to be honest. Where does the time go ?

Anyway glad to hear you seem to be feeling better than you were a few days ago. Sounds like another busy weekend for you, dont you yearn for a weekend curled up with a good book and nothing more ? Or is it just me ?!!

Enjoy your sunday and the Syrup cake, it sounds yummy ! xx
    LBM July 2011 - Finally took control Nov 2011 DFD Sometime in the distant future ! :eek:
    Total debts Nov 2011 [STRIKE]£96796.75[/STRIKE]:eek:
    Total Debts JUL 2020 £00.00
    Cleared Jul 2020 £96796.75
    :T
    Emergency Fund / Rainy Day - £5500 . DMP Mutual Support Thread 428
  • debtfreewannabe321
    Options
    I hope you can get the swimming changed to the same day, always better to just do the one trip for clubs lol. P.s your dinner sounds yummy!!! I still haven't decided what we are having :o suppose I should go look and see what I can have without making a trip to the shops! xx
    MAY 2024 GOALS MFW #17 EF Goal 2 complete! EF total £1922! ~ NSD 7/15 ~ FOOD & TOILETRIES BUDGET £462.76 / £500 ~ MOP- 0/50
    MORTGAGE BALANCE JAN 1st £99224.13 ~~~ MAY 1st £97,285.47
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Evening Diary,

Well ive said it before and il say it again... the best days out are always local and that only cost the price of an ice cream!
    After lunch which was a bit of a cooked breakfast DH suggested we took the dog out to the local country park. The kids had a ball, the icecream was delicious and DH paid :T.

MrsPG, dont worry we all have spurts of not having chance to posts in others diaries! Id never get chance to curl up and read a book with DD's about!

DFW, hope you managed to find something nice for dinner!!

So tea was delicious and I even made hm coleslaw... delicious so cheap to make and I cant even believe ive never made it before! Theres enough to go in my sandwich tomorrow and probably the day after!

It turned out really hot here by the way!!

Thats all folks!!! xx
    So its MOT day tomorrow... dddeeerrrr!!!! DH has topped up the water, screen wash, oil etc. Im dreading it tbh, I always dread MOT day.
    Mummytogirls x

• mummytogirls
    Options
    Hmmmm not sure what happened with my last post, its all got a bit higgledy piggledy at the end haha!!!!
    Mummytogirls x

• Alice_in_Poorland
    Options
    Hi mummy, got everything crossed for your cars MOT tomorrow.
    Totally agree about enjoying yourself locally, no petrol used, no traffic, less stress (mmmm well maybe!!;))..........mind you we've had a lovely afternoon in the garden, can't get anymore local than that.:rotfl:
    Have a great week. xx
    DMP with CCCS started Jan12 £34,906 Jan13 £31,893 Jan14 £26,836 Jan15 £21,894 Jan16 £16,839 Jan17 £14,415 Jan19 £12,938ish Jan19 £9,649 Jan20 £6612 Feb 21 0 Self managed from Jan'17
    Jan 18- Bcard1 £0,Bcard2(PRA) £0,C@ptl £0,Ybank,£0,Virgin/MBNA £0,YB1 £0,S@ntader £0,Bcard loan £0,
    DFD - [STRIKE]Jan 2027[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Nov 2018 [/STRIKE][STRIKE]Jan 2019[/STRIKE] - DFD 28 Feb 2021
  • debtfreewannabe321
    Options
    ah MOT day....! Dreaded in my house (by me, DH plays it cool) I panic for a whole week at least before hand! I hope yours goes smoothly and passes 1st time :)

Dinner for us was fishfingers & chips with beans :rotfl: not exactly michelen standard but ds1 is sick, i've felt rubbishy all day and kids had been sneaking lollies out the freezer all day! Roast chicken tomorrow after i've been to the shops for veg to go with it :rotfl:

P.S please share HM coleslaw recipe :D we LOVE coleslaw and i'd love to make my own so I know what's going in it :)
    MAY 2024 GOALS MFW #17 EF Goal 2 complete! EF total £1922! ~ NSD 7/15 ~ FOOD & TOILETRIES BUDGET £462.76 / £500 ~ MOP- 0/50
    MORTGAGE BALANCE JAN 1st £99224.13 ~~~ MAY 1st £97,285.47
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Morning Diary,

Well thats it... the car is in the hands of the mechanic :eek:! I have actually got butterflies in my tummy, how pathetic haha!!! Ive £200 set aside for it and we also have £450 in the emergency fund so we should be ok but I still feel sick!
    Luckily its dry and warmish here today so I dropped it off and then it took me about 30 mins (stopping off for a sneaky caffe nero) enroute! to walk to work.

Alice you certainly cant get more local that your garden :rotfl:!!!

DFW, im sure the kids appreciated a quick tea, its a special tea in our house is something like that!
    Re the coleslaw it was my director at work who inspired me to make it! It was shredded white cabbage, grated carrot and mayo! Its was delicious though and it probably cost 30p to my a bowl full. Im not sure if you should put other stuff in but mine tasted nice. I kept on eating it whilst tea was cooking :cool:.

So DH is off today as hes away for the rest of the week so thought he would take the kids and pick them up today. I do miss him when hes away but I am looking forward to food staying in the cupboards more than 5 minutes :rotfl:.

Need to pop to the post office after work. Sold my broken straightners for £13.50!!! Need to package them up at work beforehand.

4 days until payday, cannot wait! Seen these gorgeous shoes http://www.newlook.com/shop/shoe-gallery/view-all-shoes/tan-stud-cage-raffia-wedges_272107218 they actually look much nicer in the flesh! So im going to treat myself to those for my holiday.

Hope everyones ok for a Monday!!! xx
    Mummytogirls x

• lizalloareds
    lizalloareds Posts: 1,838 Forumite
    Options
    Hope the Mot goes ok x

could you share the recipe for the bbq sauce please x
    September GC 30th aug-4th Oct £332.74/£375 NSD 3
    Gc Jan £234.85/200 :(Feb £298.92/280:(March £298.42/£280:( April £270.49/280:) May Gc £351.08/£350 June £300.06/280 July £256.15/£240
    Aug £318.74/£280
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport