Mummytogirls - 100 years to be debtfree - I think not!

Options

Comments

• Laura2014
    Laura2014 Posts: 82 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Mummy

I have just joined MSE but have been reading through dairy with interest. Just wanted to say what a fantastic job you have done clearing the debt so far.:j

Myself and OH only have a small amount on a credit card. But we are trying to save for our wedding next year and then hopefully try for a baby. Its is difficult doing this with everyday life expense as well. Your diary regarding how your debt started really struck a cord with me.

Just wanted to say what an inspiration you are. You are so well organised with the washing & shopping. I defintely need to follow your lead.:D

I know what you mean about wanting to be at home. Alot of my friends have just had babies so I feel like im the only one at work.

By the way, fantastic news on selling the broken hair straightners. I never would have thought someone would buy broken hair straightners.

Hope you feel better and don't mind me joining in.
    Working to a better Life for our family

Total Debt - £6456.39
    Current Balance - £6170.39
    4.42% paid :j
  • Evcakes
    Evcakes Posts: 91 Forumite
    Options
    Hope you get a good rest tonight and sleep better, great news about the MOT, best wishes Ev x
    Next debt to bust c/c £1253.53 24/4/13 - Now £1211.91
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Awwww Laura what a lovely post after a tiring day!!!
    Such a lovely thing to say ive inspired you :), if I only inspire 1 person throughout this journey then it will have all been worth it. Do you have a diary?
    If theres one piece of advice I can offer you... enjoy it being just you and OH now... theres no going back or peace when the little ones arrive ;)!!!!
    Its amazing what people will buy, although I cant take the credit as a friend told me!!!!

Thanks for popping in Ev :)!

So just a quickie as I am totally shattered! Just got the girls into bed, DD2 was hanging when I got to the childminders, half asleep on the sofa whilst the CM was cooking tea! I knew she would be little monkey.

Just amended my MrTs order coming tomorrow. Just going to make a cuppa and have a treat bar of chocolate to go with the apprentice!

Oh I have to tell you what I had for tea... cheese and onion toasties! DH got the toastie machine down from the loft on Sunday and I was looking forward to trying it out again. Mmmmmm they were delish, think il have them tomorrow aswell since im here.

DH back late tomorrow night, feels like hes been gone forever already!!

Catch up soon xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Laura2014
    Laura2014 Posts: 82 Forumite
    Options
    No diary at the moment. I just need to build up the confidence to post one.

Thank you for the advice x

The toastie sounds lovely

Laura x
    Working to a better Life for our family

Total Debt - £6456.39
    Current Balance - £6170.39
    4.42% paid :j
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Morning Diary,

Sooo tired again today! An ex colleague who keeps hounding me and other members of the team woke me up with a text at 6am! Not happy! Ive text her back telling her as such. Thinking about ringing o2 to bar her number!!
    Didnt sleep too badly other than that. DD2 came in through the night to go to the toilet but she didnt notice that I was half awake, went to the toilet and went straight back to bed. I did wonder if she might sneak in bed with me but she didnt!!!

Im working from home today as I have an open day for DD2 at 10am. I will be walking down to the school and back 4 times today! Dropped them off, then to DDs open day, then to meet the CM with DD2 at 3.15 and then back for DD1 after self defence. Might end up driving to the last one!!!!!

DH is due home sometime this afternoon/evening but no idea when! It will more than likely be after tea.
    My Mr T's order is due to come between 5-7 and ive also no idea what im going to feed the kids! Might just give them something like fish fingers and chips... havent even got any peas or baked beans to go with it!!!! Unless my order comes before that is then we can eat like Queens haha!!!

Laura, you should start a diary! If you do let me know.

Weather is absolutely pants here today, luckily ive no washing powder anyway :rotfl:!! Really not doing well am I, stocks really have been depleted!!

Right best get on before I need to go back to school. Catch up soon xx
    Mummytogirls x

• debtfreewannabe321
    Options
    Oh blimey your house sounds like mine! I was just having a look through the freezer earlier to see what we had left and dinner was almost- fishfinger with pasta and kidney bean :eek: i was trying to think up some way of making it together when I found some money in my account ;) so rushed off to a1di to get pizza & chips (was 4pm already by the time i saw the money lol) I hate the week before payday! xx
    MAY 2024 GOALS MFW #17 EF Goal 2 complete! EF total £1902! ~ NSD 7/15 ~ FOOD & TOILETRIES BUDGET £462.76 / £500 ~ MOP- 0/50
    MORTGAGE BALANCE JAN 1st £99224.13 ~~~ MAY 1st £97,285.47
  • Alice_in_Poorland
    Options
    Hi mummy, hope you're feeling back on track. I know what you mean about not having to work, when I had DS2 I only went back for 3 days a week and that was fab.......unfortunately I don't have that luxury in this job. :(

Your OHs back, Payday and the weekend is nearly here.....:) xx
    DMP with CCCS started Jan12 £34,906 Jan13 £31,893 Jan14 £26,836 Jan15 £21,894 Jan16 £16,839 Jan17 £14,415 Jan19 £12,938ish Jan19 £9,649 Jan20 £6612 Feb 21 0 Self managed from Jan'17
    Jan 18- Bcard1 £0,Bcard2(PRA) £0,C@ptl £0,Ybank,£0,Virgin/MBNA £0,YB1 £0,S@ntader £0,Bcard loan £0,
    DFD - [STRIKE]Jan 2027[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Nov 2018 [/STRIKE][STRIKE]Jan 2019[/STRIKE] - DFD 28 Feb 2021
  • choogirl
    choogirl Posts: 1,274 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Mummy

You've inspired me to go and dig out my old GHDs to sell on ebay this weekend, they work fine but the plates are losing their coating x
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Morning Diary,

Payday.... enough said :j!!!!

So im at work now and have a list aslong as my arm to get done as im off next week and like to leave things complete and tidy! Will do a quick post and get on.

DFW, I laughed when I read your post youll see why in a mo! I also hate the week before payday but I never learn to keep some money back!!

Alice, Im ok now must have been having a blip! Probably because its payday and I feel rich haha!!!!

Choo, get those straightners on ebay!!!

So I drove to pick DD2 up yesterday as the weather was so bad. Decided to go to the farmshop before picking DD1 up. DD2 fancied a pizza and I fancied a curry so I bought our tea from there :cool:!! Couldnt face freezer surprise haha!!! So we did eat like Queens!! Pretty similar as to what you did DFW!
    I spent £35 which included loads of meat too so not bad.
    Then back home to work after collecting DD1, was on the phone to my Director when MrTs rocked up, bang on 5pm! Had to quickly finish the call and bring my shopping in!

I finally finished working at 6.30, then the girls were in the bath when DH got home at 6.45ish. Luckily id saved him 1/2 my curry and the kids leftover pizza cos hed had nothing to eat!

Think thats all from me. Had the heating on this morning to dry the kids jumpers for school! Have 2 baskets of washing to put in but am waiting to see what happens with the weather over the weekend.

Right thats all from me!
    Catch up soon xx
    Mummytogirls x

• debtfreewannabe321
    Options
    haha I bought curry and pizza too! Although curry is for tonight ;)

yay to pay day :j i've got a week left yet! But seeing as though i'm back in charge of money I am hoping we won't go without for the last week again! This month was 5 weeks though compared to a short 4 week month in June :T xx
    MAY 2024 GOALS MFW #17 EF Goal 2 complete! EF total £1902! ~ NSD 7/15 ~ FOOD & TOILETRIES BUDGET £462.76 / £500 ~ MOP- 0/50
    MORTGAGE BALANCE JAN 1st £99224.13 ~~~ MAY 1st £97,285.47
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport