Mummytogirls - 100 years to be debtfree - I think not!

Options

Comments

• pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Hi mummy, hope your day got better.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Hope your day got better!

We had rain overnight but it's been hot, humid and cloudy all day here, so I took my chance and hung washing out. First lot dry, second lot still out there. More rain forcast here from 9pm, wouldn't be surprised if it was stormy.
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning Everyone,

Wednesday got better... when I left the office! I swear she drives me mad when shes that way out! I was ready for her yesterday and she had obviously been thinking about it and was extra nice to me! Cant work like this...
    So im looking for a new job. Ive thought long and hard about it and theres only me that can change things.
    Im not going to jump ship for just any job though as I at least want some level of flexibility.
    Ive seen a job in a school im going to apply for. I would drop in salary but the trade off between that and spending all the holidays with my girls swings it. Im sure every parent thinks the same so I wont get my hopes up but will apply anyway!!!!
    The salary where im at now is very good but I cant cope with my life being ruled by what mood shes in. You spend most of your life at work and so youve got to enjoy it at least some of the time havent you!!!!

Went to Mr M's armed with a £5 off £40 which came through the post... spent £65 then £60 knocking off the voucher! I was hoping to spend less but I did get my dads fathers day pressie, cards and some treats aswell.
    Also stocked up on bolognaise, pasta bake and curry sauces and little tins of spaghetti for DD2 for MIL's are they were all on offer.
    Couldnt believe what I saw whilst I was there. At the fridges there were loads of people crowding round like from 1 fridge to the other, the whole aisle! I thought maybe someone had fallen over.... oh no it was the reductions trolley! Made me so sad that if you went back 7 years you wouldnt have seen that. Sign of the times I know.

Ok so ive found a new butchers that delivers free over £30 what do you think to all this:

1LB MINCE BEEF
    1LB SAUSAGES
    1LB STEW STEAK
    1LB CHICKEN FILLETS
    1LB DICED CHICKEN
    4 SPICY PORK STEAKS
    6 CHINESE CHICKEN PORTIONS
    1LB BACON
    1LB CHICKEN CURRY STIR FRY
    1LB FRYING STEAK
    2 GAMMON SLICES IN PINEAPPLE AND CHILLI SAUCE

for £29.99!!!

Im also planning on ordering:

1 tray of free range eggs - £5
    Fruit and veg box incl potatoes - £10

I didnt think that was bad at all, I would usually spent £40+ at the farmshop anyway and not get as much variety.

Right best get on! Hope everyones ok xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Alice_in_Poorland
    Options
    I know the reduced aisle at sburys is always packed....sharpen your elbows time! It's a sign of the times.:(

I agree that is a good deal from your butchers. Looks like we'll be round at yours for tea later then...hehehe.

Good luck with the job hunting, once you start to dislike your work place/work colleague it makes it horrible.

Have a great weekend.

xx
    DMP with CCCS started Jan12 £34,906 Jan13 £31,893 Jan14 £26,836 Jan15 £21,894 Jan16 £16,839 Jan17 £14,415 Jan19 £12,938ish Jan19 £9,649 Jan20 £6612 Feb 21 0 Self managed from Jan'17
    Jan 18- Bcard1 £0,Bcard2(PRA) £0,C@ptl £0,Ybank,£0,Virgin/MBNA £0,YB1 £0,S@ntader £0,Bcard loan £0,
    DFD - [STRIKE]Jan 2027[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Nov 2018 [/STRIKE][STRIKE]Jan 2019[/STRIKE] - DFD 28 Feb 2021
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Morning Diary,

Had a lovely chilled out weekend but back to the grindstone now!!!
    Saturday we were waiting in all day for our new sideboard to come. Decluttered in the dining room, spare bedroom and kids wardrobes so feeling good about that! Made homemade chinese for tea and generally had a nice chilled out day. Also a NSD!

Yesterday was a spendy day! £7 for breakfast and £70 :eek: for our tea out at an Italian! I knew it would be this much and it was the family spendings but still its such a lot of money isnt it!

This morning, ive managed to peg out before coming into work. Fingers crossed it doesnt rain! Just checked the BBC and its not forecast so theyd better be right!!! Im in the office on my own today, got loads to do and would like to start the application form for the job I was on about on Friday.
    Parked in the free car park today and its going to be NSD7 :D.

Alice, I think the butchers is pretty good value too. Ive got a friend whos had the meat from there and says its nice so we will see!

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend xx
    Mummytogirls x

• mummytogirls
    Options
    Morning Diary,

Just popping on for a quick catch up before I carry on working! Working from home today so started earlier than I usually would have.
    So yesterday was NSD7 :j.
    Today isnt a NSD ive just been to the coop for a few bits for lunch and tea.

Washing out on the line today as you would expect!
    Managed to do without filling my car up as yet although its getting very close to the light coming on. Cant believe my full tank has lasted me 3.5 weeks, that never happens!
    Nothing else to report really!!

Hope everyones ok xx
    Mummytogirls x

• mummytogirls
    Options
    Morning Diary,

Well this weather is seriously knocking me out... not complaining though id rather enjoy it and be knocked out at night :D! Had a stinking headache last night which ended up making me feel sick. Ended up in bed with paracetamol at 8.50pm! Slept right through and still woke up with the damn thing. Ive taken some more tablets and it seems to have eased off. I feel tired though so reckon itll be an early night again for me.

So today is a spend day. Had to put petrol in as I know as soon as id driven past the petrol station the light would have probably come on! I put £20 in which will hopefully last me until next Wednesday which is payday.

Parked in the free carpark today so no spends there!!

Right best get on! Catch up soon xx
    Mummytogirls x

• pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Morning mummy, hope your feeling brighter and the headache has gone.

Did you et the application filled in?
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Morning Diary,

Well the sun has taken his hat back off booooo!!! Apparently not coming back out until early next week double booo!!!
    So im on washing strike haha!!!!

Hi Pennywise, Im feeling much better today thanks, I think its definitely is the weather knocking me out.
    I have started the application form just need to finalise today. The closing date is tomorrow.... talk about cutting it fine!

So I keep running out of things that we need so I doubt today will be a NSD as I need a red pepper to go with tea! Got one of the so juicy bag things for tea. Infact I dont even think this one has a bag I think its a pan-cooked one.

I have parked on a side road a bit further from work today which is free. That means I havent paid for parking at all this week yippee!!!!

Payday in 6 days yippee!!!! xx
    Mummytogirls x

• mummytogirls
    Options
    Morning Diary,

Just popping in for a quick catch up. Had to pay for parking today as ive got to make a quick getaway to collect DD2 from her friends this afternoon. The weather is pants today.. again so im still on washing strike :rotfl:.

Today is going to be a spend day as I need to buy a present for a party DD's are going to tomorrow. Admittedly I did buy a lovely outfit from boots on Wednesday but im keeping that for DD2 as it goes perfectly with some shoes my mum gave me on Wednesday from her holidays! It was just coindence but its got to be done haha!!! Im also out for a meal with the girls tonight.
    Tomorrow I need to do a bit of shopping round at Mr M's whilst im at the opticians with DD1. Hopefully Sunday will be NSD8.

Nothing else to report, catch up soon x
    Mummytogirls x

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family