Mummytogirls - 100 years to be debtfree - I think not!

Options

Comments

• mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Afternoon Diary,

Pennywise, thanks for your advice btw forgot to mention it yesterday! Yes ive been reading the ofsted report will read it again tonight as the language they use isnt easy to understanding sometimes! Its not a church school, its not even part of the Council its a private academy so I need to get as much info about that aswell to show I understand!

Well im at home today, got DD2 off sick even though shes fine now but cant go back to school until Monday! Ive had to go into the office for my work laptop as my home one has died! Took her with me and asked my boss to bring it out to me.

Ive pegged out with me being here, would be rude not to really wouldnt it!

So had a busy day at work yesterday, then left early to go to school for the reception transition meeting. Didnt get home until nearly 7 and I just couldnt be @rsed going to Mr M's. So im going tonight... ive got a lot to be getting on with tonight havent I?!
    Ive drawn all my shopping/petrol money out so thats nicely tucked away in the envelopes.

Think thats all, hope everyones ok xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Alice_in_Poorland
    Options
    Hope you had a successful trip to Mr M's tonight and fingers crossed on the job front.

The countdown is looking good.:)

xx
    DMP with CCCS started Jan12 £34,906 Jan13 £31,893 Jan14 £26,836 Jan15 £21,894 Jan16 £16,839 Jan17 £14,415 Jan19 £12,938ish Jan19 £9,649 Jan20 £6612 Feb 21 0 Self managed from Jan'17
    Jan 18- Bcard1 £0,Bcard2(PRA) £0,C@ptl £0,Ybank,£0,Virgin/MBNA £0,YB1 £0,S@ntader £0,Bcard loan £0,
    DFD - [STRIKE]Jan 2027[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Nov 2018 [/STRIKE][STRIKE]Jan 2019[/STRIKE] - DFD 28 Feb 2021
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Morning Diary,

Wow what a wonderful weekend! It did go far too fast though!!

Well first things first I didnt get the job :(, I was in consideration at the end but the other person just had the edge with grammar school experience. The annoying thing is I actually know this women so when I saw her I just knew that she would get it. But theyve told me about another job which was just signed off on Friday so im going to look out for that one. At least its a foot in the door isnt it!

Anyway despite that lovely news! I had a great weekend. Weve finished out front garden.... we being the royal we as I only potted a plant :rotfl:!!!
    Took another £100 worth of pebbles though... ouch!

Me and DH went out to a family party Saturday night which was a good night. Totally tired me out for yesterday though!

Yesterday we took the kids to see Despicable me 2. It was fab and it only cost us £7 in sweets and popcorn from Mr T's beforehand as I had cinema tickets through a reward scheme. But then we went out for a curry so that balanced that saving out a bit ha!!!

So an incredibly spendy weekend, but a really good one at that.

Ive just got my spread sheets back up to date. Just waiting for some expenses to clear in my account then I can pay off the payments and update my signature. Will probably do that tomorrow.

Nothing much to report other than that! Hope everyones ok xx
    Mummytogirls x

• please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Sorry about the job but fingers crossed for the next one.

Very jealous about your cinema trip! My 2 are desperate to see Despicable Me 2 but we just couldn't afford it this weekend and I used my free tickets last time :(. Maybe next week! Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Awwww PLMBL have you seen on the cinema packets of sweets that if you collect 4 then you get a free entry. They are £1 each in Mr Ts at the mo, so essentially would cost you £16 to get in plus you'd have your sweets already... 16 bags in fact :D. Weve collected 2 so far from maltesers and counters.
    Not sure of the ins and outs as ive not read it all yet. A family ticket in our cinema is £25 so you would definitely save money xx
    Mummytogirls x

• please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    We don't have one of those cinemas near us yet, though they are building on so we will be able to take advantage of that in the Autumn (providing it doesn't stop before then!!). Thanks anyway!

We use Ode0n and I usually get free tickets with scanning my shopping and then they have a loyalty card that I build points on too for freebies Xx
  • debtfreewannabe321
    Options
    We only have an 0deon too :( ! I'm taking DD for her birthday to see despicable me 2 and DS2 for his birthday to see Monsters University (nothing at all to do with the fact that I want to see both :D )

We had a lovely weekend here too but was also very spendy (around £100) but it was a brill treat as we never ever go out and spend anymore so well worth it. And thankfully it's not on again till next year lol so plenty of time to save ;)
    MAY 2024 GOALS MFW #17 EF Goal 2- £244.12/300 (EF total £1744.12)~ NSD 0/15 ~ FOOD & TOILETRIES BUDGET £133.59 / £500 ~ MOP- 0/50
    MORTGAGE BALANCE JAN 1st £99224.13 ~~~ MAY 1st £
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Sorry you didn't get the job mummy, but sounds positive that they are giving you the heads up about another position, fingers crossed for you.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Morning Diary,

Just got back DD2's transitition to reception meeting... sob my baby is growing up!

DFW, I actually prefer the kids films to that adults :rotfl:!! I saw another 2 trailers for kids movies id like to see nevermind the kids!!!

Pennywise, just waiting on details of the job, nothing received as yet.

So its raining well only lightly so ive pegged out anyway!!!
    Just sorted my spreadsheets again and made the payments and im pleased to annouce we are now in the £11k's woohoo!!!!!
    We should be in the £10's by Christmas :j.

Nothing else to report! Oh actually I do yesterday was NSD1 :T xx
    Mummytogirls x

• please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Well done on the £11k's :j

We are at DS2's nursery parents meeting this afternoon for his start in September so I know how you feel. I have DS1's transition to year 4 meeting next week. Can't believe it will be his last year in primary :eek: Xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family