Mummytogirls - 100 years to be debtfree - I think not!

Options

Comments

• mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning Diary,

Well the sun is back after a cooler day yesterday. Thought id give the washer the day off but will have more tomorrow!

DH is really annoying me a the minute, dont know what his general problem is but I wish he would snap the hell out of it.
    I told him last night about the shortfall in my wage should I get the job. He wasnt happy but to be perfectly frank I actually dont give a !!!!!! what he thinks and I told him! I am not happy here and if I get the opportunity to get out il take it. That didnt go down well but hey ho he would have to live with it.
    Then he wonders why I kept the debt from him for so long, its easier to keep it to yourself than put up with him and his sulking.

Nothing much to report. Yesterday ended up being a spend day as I need my prescription for my hayfever. Today hopefully should be a NSD.

Right best get on xx
    Mummytogirls x

• choogirl
    choogirl Posts: 1,274 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Mummy

Sorry to hear about DH being a pain in the butt!

Have you told him about the benefits, less childcare issues (less cost hopefully), holidays at home (no childcare costs there), reduced travel costs? A happier wife due to less work related issues?

If the debt takes longer to pay off but you are all happier wouldn't that be a benefit to him?

Hope you get it sorted xx
  • debtfreewannabe321
    Options
    I hope your dh comes round..I agree with choo try putting it across that you will be saving money which may result in not so much of a drop in income overall (have you worked any figures out?) Men can be such a pain. There are so few out there that will look at things from all angles, instead of just theirs! X
    MAY 2024 GOALS MFW #17 EF Goal 2- £244.12/300 (EF total £1744.12)~ NSD 0/15 ~ FOOD & TOILETRIES BUDGET £133.59 / £500 ~ MOP- 0/50
    MORTGAGE BALANCE JAN 1st £99224.13 ~~~ MAY 1st £
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Morning Diary,

Choo and DFW, thanks for your comments. I did explain all angles but he wasnt interested! I think its just his mood in general as I wasnt too sure about applying with it being part time and he encouraged me to!!!

So thanks to hayfever ive been up since 5.45! Did some work and already on my 2nd wash load! Im working from home today but I am picking DD's up so il take the dog out on the way for DD2 at lunchtime. I cancelled the dog walker this week as I was around quite a bit anyway and she was busy doing something else which will save us some money.

Not doing very well with the NSD's at the mo. Yesterday I spent £5 in Mr T exp on some things that were on good offers. Then I popped to the coop to stock up on fruit and barley juice as the kids really like it and have been drinking more which is always a battle with them 2!

Me and DD2 are going to pop to Mr A's later on aswell.

Right best get on! xx
    Mummytogirls x

• mummytogirls
    Options
    Morning Diary,

Just popping in for a quick catch up. Sorry ive not been around, had a very busy weekend! Didnt spend too much either which is always a bonus!

At work today feeling as miserable as ever, really cant snap out of it. Had the other interview yesterday and im pretty sure I did horrendously badly. Should hear this morning but not holding my breath to be honest. Had a massive row with DH last night over it, all I ever get from him is "you need a job", just exactly what I want to hear thanks DH. Thats the reason im in a job I hate because of being pushed into applying for this job because "you need a job!". ARGH! Should have stood my ground at the time.
    Boss is being as nightmarish (thats not even a word!) as ever. Yesterday another staff member handed in their notice and she came flying back into the office and said "mummy, if you get this other job I will be having to have a serious chat about making you stay" !!!!!!! That makes me want to run for the hills even more. DH said I should ask her what she can do for me but then il feel beholdent to her when I try and get out again. Dont know if any of this is making sense just need to get it all off my chest.

Nothing really to report moneywise, not having a good time with the NSD at the mo, but tbh my head is not in it at the mo.
    Spent £5 on a tyre repair this morning on my way into work as it kept going down every few weeks. Apparently the rim was leaking and so theyve sorted it and should be ok now.

Holiday in 10 days cannot come quick enough for me, but then I know I will be dreading coming back to work.

Sorry for the whingy post just trying my hardest to get out and its not working! xx
    Mummytogirls x

• pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Hi mummy sorry your feeling down to.

Regarding the job she obviously really needs you, what about asking for a pay rise and reducing your hours, so your working less but still receiving the same amount of pay.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Sorry you are feeling down. Keep posting, it does help Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Morning Diary,

Feeling a bit better today, probably because im working from home until DD2's sports day and then going in! Im always at my worst when im the office with her because she drives me up the wall! I do have a few things to sort in the stock room so might hide away in there!!

Thanks for your comments, I could ask to reduce my hours but then I will feel like she will make me feel even worse should I apply for another job again! Plus the work load wont go away and then il end up feeling stressed anyway! We are looking for an admin assistant so once we get them in post I might ask to reduce a day or something. Its mainly the holidays I want to be around more, cant see her letting me have more holiday though because then everyone will want the same privilege!

Right best get on anyway! Catch up soon xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Alice_in_Poorland
    Options
    Hi mummy, hope you had a good weekend and everything is OK. We must be on countdown to payday.:) xx
    DMP with CCCS started Jan12 £34,906 Jan13 £31,893 Jan14 £26,836 Jan15 £21,894 Jan16 £16,839 Jan17 £14,415 Jan19 £12,938ish Jan19 £9,649 Jan20 £6612 Feb 21 0 Self managed from Jan'17
    Jan 18- Bcard1 £0,Bcard2(PRA) £0,C@ptl £0,Ybank,£0,Virgin/MBNA £0,YB1 £0,S@ntader £0,Bcard loan £0,
    DFD - [STRIKE]Jan 2027[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Nov 2018 [/STRIKE][STRIKE]Jan 2019[/STRIKE] - DFD 28 Feb 2021
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Evening Diary,

Thanks for your post Alice.

Sorry ive not been around people just been majorly busy at work!

Soooooooo....... ive got a job in a school :j!!

Had a phone call at 10am asking me to interview at 1.30pm! Then they rung me at 4 offering me the job. Boss isnt happy but after 10 minutes on the phone to her guilt tripping me I basically said this is what im doing whether you try talk me out of it or not!!
    I can see her going from shocked to angry pretty soon!!!!

Best go anyway, just wanted to share my news with you! xx
    Mummytogirls x

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family