IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye - Nasty tricks

Options

Comments

• Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    You have posted on an ancient out of date thread, for the latest advice view the link below and post a new thread for current advice. This has changed since this thread was created 3 years ago! If you after a possible small claim then do nothing, if you want to know the latest advice read the new posts

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Aburns wrote: »
    Thanks for all the comments re this company - I am going to follow the advice and ignore anymore letters. It won't be easy cos I am one of the world's worst for worrying but I too am going to contact The Range store and not only state that if something is not done I will no longer be interested in any of their branches to shop and also be passing this advice onto friends, neighbours and family. Why should customers be victimised for spending money in their and any other stores where this company operates.:beer:
    You will end up in court. If you are a worrier like you say I would imagine that will be unpleasant.

Follow Stromas advice.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,386 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 20 January 2014 at 2:16AM
    Options
    Aburns wrote: »
    Thanks for all the comments re this company - I am going to follow the advice and ignore anymore letters. It won't be easy cos I am one of the world's worst for worrying but I too am going to contact The Range store and not only state that if something is not done I will no longer be interested in any of their branches to shop and also be passing this advice onto friends, neighbours and family. Why should customers be victimised for spending money in their and any other stores where this company operates.:beer:

This thread is from 2010 and you actually wasted time reading it?! :eek:

You will most likely end up with a small claim court case if you ignore it. For the love of God just click one click to the current forum board whenever you Google and find an old but relevant thread. On any forum you are only ever one click from the current threads on the same subject but you stayed on a WRONG ADVICE out of date 2010 thread so please wise up!

See my signature for where to click to read current threads & learn how to appeal & win.

Please just read the current parking forum, not a thread that's a hundred years old. THANKYOU!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

DO NOT POST HERE

The best thing is to just read the CURRENT threads you will find when you click back just one click. We have threads from today!! Did you miss all of them and only found this old rubbish?

Please read the current threads - one click away - and you can start a new thread there if needed.

THE ADVICE HAS CHANGED SINCE THIS ANCIENT THREAD STARTED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please, oh please newbies, do not reply here.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • unluckydriver
    Options
    I have recently visited the UK and parked in the Morrison's parking lot for longer than was allowed. I was not aware that there was a limit on parking time. The school whom was visiting has received a parking charge Notice for 85 pounds and want me to pay it! I have read through a lot of the threads and its clear that many advise to ignore the fines. Is this still the case - some of the previous threads are from some years back.

Should I suggest that the school gives my name as the driver, so they cannot be pursued and held liable and bank on the fact that Parking eye won't seek me out as I am now back home.

Thanks for any replies
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I have recently visited the UK and parked in the Morrison's parking lot for longer than was allowed. I was not aware that there was a limit on parking time. The school whom was visiting has received a parking charge Notice for 85 pounds and want me to pay it! I have read through a lot of the threads and its clear that many advise to ignore the fines. Is this still the case - some of the previous threads are from some years back.

Should I suggest that the school gives my name as the driver, so they cannot be pursued and held liable and bank on the fact that Parking eye won't seek me out as I am now back home.

Thanks for any replies

As you have said, this is an old thread. So please start a new one of your own.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • prosnap
    prosnap Posts: 399 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    This is an old thread, So please start a new one of your own
    The word "gullible" isn't in the dictionary
    Tickets: 19 [cancelled: 18, paid: 0, pending: 1]
    PPC Appeals: 8 [accepted: 2, rejected: 5, pending: 1]
    POPLA: 4 [accepted: 4, rejected: 0, pending: 0]
  • monni
    Options
    Hi,

I received 2 individual parking tickets 3 month ago, since i had parked twice in Brent cross retail park.

Both parking charges were posted to me and i ignored them both then.

Just today i received a new letter which looks really scary. It's actually a claim form filled by Parking eye's solicitor In Northampton (CCBC) county court. It also has a Claim number.

The Form says that i can respond to this claim online at www,MONEYCLAIM,GOV,UK ( Sorry as a new users i can't send links)

The form also has a county court Stamp. Claimed amount and solicitors costs including court fee is given totalling £265

Can someone raply me if they had received anything similar

Thanks
    Monni
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    monni wrote: »
    Hi,

I received 2 individual parking tickets 3 month ago, since i had parked twice in Brent cross retail park.

2010 was a lot longer than three months ago - did you have a little nap?

Please read the post just above yours to see what you do.

Bumping ancient/pre-POFA threads confuses people and will not get you the help or advice you need.
  • monni
    Options
    pogofish wrote: »
    2010 was a lot longer than three months ago - did you have a little nap?

Please read the post just above yours to see what you do.

Bumping ancient/pre-POFA threads confuses people and will not get you the help or advice you need.

where did that come from?
  • bugslet
    bugslet Posts: 6,874 Forumite
    Options
    2010 was the date this thread started. try post 56.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure