🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

NEW ICICI Feedback Poll - Are the problems all cleared up?

Options

Comments

• mooch
    mooch Posts: 154 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I applied for an ICICI HiSave account about 3 weeks ago. Sent the cheque, got the account num email, got the PIN.

Tried to log on and got message 'User has not been registered Please Register'.

That was at the start of the week. Since then have been on the phone to customer services about 5 times for longer than I care to think about.

My experience leads me to conclude that ICICI customer service has no idea how the website works, can only work within the constraints of their script and have no concept of continuity between customer conversations.

Everytime I speak to them, I have to spend 10-15 mins saying "yes, I can see the login box", "no, its not www.icicibank.com", "yes, my account number is xxxx", "no i haven't cut and paste the number into the browser", "no i haven't changed my password" etc etc.

This is the worst experience I've had with a bank and I haven't even logged on yet!

Congrats to those whose registration has gone smoothly. As always the true test is how you're treated when things go wrong.

Please someone come up with a better interest rate soon. I don't think I can take another conversation with these guys.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    mooch wrote:
    Congrats to those whose registration has gone smoothly. As always the true test is how you're treated when things go wrong.
    True enough. Sorry to hear about your problems.
  • astrag
    Options
    Depends what constitutes 'access'. Does enquiring count or just transacting?

Does anyone really not look at their accounts for 180 days? If so, they are more trusting than me. ;)
    As the person who raised this issue, I would repeat that I had only opened the account with £1 + £10 to test the set up procedures. Although my experience was reasonable, there was a lot of criticism of ICICI in the various forums and I decided not to invest any more for the time being. I therefore left the £11 and waited to see how things developed. That is why I didn't actually access the account for over 180 days.

What worries me is that ICICI arbitrarily and without warning disabled my user ID and/or password, thus denying me immediate access to my money. (And I am still waiting for the promised replacement information!)

If they can do this just because I haven't checked my account for 6 months, how can I be confident they don't have other tricks up their sleeves?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    No criticism of you intended. I was just expressing surprise that you would not check on the account for 6 months, especially if you had reservations about it.

In these days of identity theft etc, personally, where I can, I check everything at least weekly to satisfy myself that nothing untoward has gone on in the interim.

But you have forewarned myself and others so that we do not fall into the same trap, so fair play.
  • UK007BullDog
    UK007BullDog Posts: 2,607 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I just sent them a cheque for £20 to open the account. Lets see what happens.

As a side comment to some who have login problems, have you turned off your pop up blockers as sometimes they can cause a problem when trying to log on? and added the website to your allowed list?

Also some lenders turn off the login for users if they have not logged on for 1 or 2 months.
  • dannahaz
    dannahaz Posts: 1,068 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My husband and I opened a joint account without any problems. The problems began when I wanted to open an additional account in my name.

They accepted my application, asked me to send a cheque payable to me with a special ref no. on the end (which I did), and then I waited for my login details. And waited. And waited. I contacted themn to find out what was happening, and they told me that they had paid the cheque into my joint account as it isn't possible to have two HiSave accounts. They hadn't thought to tell me.

So, we asked them to close the joint account so that I could then open one in my sole name.

The account was formally closed on July 21st. It's 2nd August today, and the closing balance (which left my Hi Save on 21st July) has not materialised into the linked account. Fortunately we're only talking about a few pounds.

I have chased them about it and got their standard "please give us three working days" response - the three working days finishes today, so I'll be back on to them tomorrow.

Edited to add: I've just had a response. They need another two days to investigate!

If anyone else is closing an account, you might want to transfer the balance yourself before doing so!
  • melboy
    melboy Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Opened account at beginning of July no problem. Have just made a deposit which has taken 4 working days to appear as available balance. I've now tried to withdraw some of these funds yet it still says that the account balance is low and won't let me take money out. Spoke to their customer services. A complete joke. How she can tell me the funds will be available tomorrow when my screen clarly shows them available today is beyond me. I seriously doubt the little bit of extra interest is worth the hassle. Stick to ING is my advice.
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,564 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    melboy wrote:
    How she can tell me the funds will be available tomorrow when my screen clarly shows them available today is beyond me.

When I look at my account, the following message is displayed underneath my transactions. I guess your account must be different?
    Disclaimer: Interest is calculated on available balance and not on current balance. Available balance is the balance that has been cleared and the funds are available immediately, current balance includes the cleared funds as well as funds which are yet to be cleared. Normally, clearing of funds takes around three to four working days. The balance shown above is the current balance, which could be different from the available balance, if there are funds that are yet to be cleared, as on the statement date.
  • f_@_w_y
    f_@_w_y Posts: 129 Forumite
    Options
    Well, I was quite scared reading all these remarks by different investors. Well, lemme tell you that I am a BIG and POTENTIAL investor, and my experience with ICICI so far is quite good. Got my account very soon, and I am getting the interest at the end of every month regularly.

They are associated with FSA like any other bank in UK, so there is nothing to worry about. Plus, this bank is one of the RENOWNED bank in INDIA. Its bran ambassador is one the aclaimed ACTOR of BOLLYWOOD industry. Its not only operating in UK, but also in USA, Canada, Singapore, Bahrain and Russia (Apart from India as well).

What I believe honestly, YES, there people are not 100% in their customer services (may be because the number of customers, they are dealing with, are more than their expectation). Thats why they cant handle situations. But in my case, they are so far so good.

I observed them making SILLY MISTAKES many times. They put more money in my linked account, when I requested transfer, and the next day, they take it out from my linked account. I mean, they do these stupid things. But I believe, it will get over with the pasage of time.

For me... ALL :money: and I will encourage every one to put money (but not more than 33k. :rotfl:
  • Kay_Peel
    Kay_Peel Posts: 1,672 Forumite
    Options
    No problems at all. Quick set-up and I was kept informed of developments by email. Received key information by post to manage the account on-line. The password worked first time and I activated a direct debit to transfer funds to HISave from my linked bank account.

KP
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family