lisawaters Posts: 2,081 Forumite
    edited 13 April 2010 at 7:09PM
    Options
    The Big Build - Chessington
    WATCH:
    NEXT ON:
    Thursday, 20:00 on BBC One
    SYNOPSIS
    Nick Knowles recruits extra help to renovate a whole house, making it a home with the latest designs. The team transform the life of a family who have spent years living in a building site.

Thu 15 Apr 2010

20:00 BBC One

8497.jpg
  • butdoineedit?
    butdoineedit? Posts: 1,181 Forumite
    Options
    Mike (or anyone) if you're about now put C5 on, another programme that we may be able to consider.... about cowboy builders but it appears that when they've featured your horror story they fix your house!!

Dom's presenting again, that may help you maybe as he's already been involved?
    February NSD challenge 5/15
  • Grimbal
    Grimbal Posts: 2,334 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    lisawaters wrote: »

Your support helped me keep going long enough to contact these two, and the letters to DIY SOS obviously did the job you intended. Take a bow, everyone. People power + internet might = fewer of these thieves getting away with it, and maybe one day the law will be tightened up. It's obviously a bigger problem than anyone thought.

Mike x

Well, I'll take a bow, but I'm not sure that it'll suit me. I'm not one for the over-accessorised look at the best of times, but I'll give it a go just for you Mike. Can mine be a purple bow though please ?
    :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Liz
    x
    "Science is a wonderful thing if one does not have to earn one's living at it" Einstein 1951
  • SouthernBellE*
    Options
    Mike (or anyone) if you're about now put C5 on, another programme that we may be able to consider.... about cowboy builders but it appears that when they've featured your horror story they fix your house!!

Dom's presenting again, that may help you maybe as he's already been involved?

Haven't we looked at these? Sorry Mike I'm confused again, this is the programme I thought you meant!

Hmm...Cowboy Trap, Do they just pursue the builder or do they do the house too?

Anyone?
    PROUD MEMBER OF

MIKE'S :cool: MOB!
  • SouthernBellE*
    Options
    By Christ!....Whichever programme takes it on, make sure Melinda Messenger is project manager!

I'd like to see Bridle go up against her!

Do we need an e-mail address for this one, they're good!
    PROUD MEMBER OF

• butdoineedit?
    Options
    Haven't we looked at these? Sorry Mike I'm confused again, this is the programme I thought you meant!

Hmm...Cowboy Trap, Do they just pursue the builder or do they do the house too?

Anyone?

It's probably me southern not you, i'm not surprised that you've found every available programme cos everybody has been working so hard, i just had a moment of excitement that i may have found something new!!
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Aw Mike, that is such good news :T. Here's hoping you don't have to put up with Melinda Messenger, but you're a big, brave soul so am sure you would cope :rotfl:
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • SouthernBellE*
    SouthernBellE* Posts: 578 Forumite
    edited 13 April 2010 at 8:50PM
    Options
    It's probably me southern not you, i'm not surprised that you've found every available programme cos everybody has been working so hard, i just had a moment of excitement that i may have found something new!!

No you're fine honey!

We've had so many TV programme names bounced around! :rotfl:

Mikes message says Cowboy Trap, I think that one sets up a house with fake repairs doesn't it??....Not sure there's so many !

I was thinking that the second e-mail received was Cowboy Builders, the one on now. Would be most satisfying because they shame the builder as well as complete the house...2 for 1 deal! Great!!!:rotfl:

I must stay silent because I tend to run before I should & when I get confused, it's contagious! :o

OOOHHH!....Mike they only FURNISH IT TOO!!!!!...You'll be off the lilo before long!
    PROUD MEMBER OF

• butdoineedit?
    Options
    I'm gonna keep quiet too bit if you go for this one can i be the first in the queue to send an email.... pretty please :D

Have to say thats an amazing job they've done, even Melinda is bearable when all the furniture is thrown in too!!! :rotfl:
  • SouthernBellE*
    Options
    I'm gonna keep quiet too bit if you go for this one can i be the first in the queue to send an email.... pretty please :D

Have to say thats an amazing job they've done, even Melinda is bearable when all the furniture is thrown in too!!! :rotfl:

Funny you should say that! :D I DID keep a copy of the one I sent...just in case! :D

STICK AROUND! You sound as excitable as me! :rotfl:
    PROUD MEMBER OF

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills