We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Please advise - it's all gone SO wrong

Options

Comments

• Happytogetdebtfree
    Options
    good morning and good night :D , just finished work off to bed :O and the weathers so nice :(
    I AM A MONEY MAGNET, THEY ARE MAKING MORE MONEY FOR ME AS WE SPEAK:pMIKES MOB, DFW NERD 1071, DFW LHS 132!MIRACLES HAPPEN I'VE SEEN IT WITH MY OWN EYES. LBM 08£77240.69 Current outstanding total £36083.01 Paid so far = £41157.68
  • SouthernBellE*
    Options
    gallygirl wrote: »
    1.gif I'm supposed to be going to work - what if I miss all the excitement 1.gif

Can I throw a sickie Mike, can I, can I, can I :j:j:j:j:j:j

Good luck xx[/QUOTE

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Loving the smilies gallygirl!

Mike ... if the producer still hasn't called I'll continue e-mailing until he does if you like?? :D

If you've not been successful with them, we''ll keep looking for a solution until the jobs done so don't lose heart! :(

Failing that. I still have a copy of the e-mail....tell me where you want any sent & I'll get on it! ;)

Stay strong and hope you're okay, whatever the news is, we're here for you mate! ;)
    PROUD MEMBER OF

MIKE'S :cool: MOB!
  • miggy
    miggy Posts: 4,328 Forumite
    Options
    (Miggy sticks her head surrepticiously round the door pretending not to be waiting for news and also that she knows how to spell surreptitiously),

All okay in there?
    Miggy

MEMBER OF MIKE'S MOB!
    Every Penny a Prisoner

This article is about coffeehouse bartenders. For lawyers, see Barrister. (Wikipedia)
  • lisawaters
    lisawaters Posts: 2,081 Forumite
    Options
    gallygirl wrote: »
    1.gif I'm supposed to be going to work - what if I miss all the excitement 1.gif

Can I throw a sickie Mike, can I, can I, can I :j:j:j:j:j:j

Good luck xx[/QUOTE

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Loving the smilies gallygirl!

Mike ... if the producer still hasn't called I'll continue e-mailing until he does if you like?? :D

If you've not been successful with them, we''ll keep looking for a solution until the jobs done so don't lose heart! :(

Failing that. I still have a copy of the e-mail....tell me where you want any sent & I'll get on it! ;)

Stay strong and hope you're okay, whatever the news is, we're here for you mate! ;)

I think the objective has been met. Cease fire...

x
  • lisawaters
    Options
    miggy wrote: »
    (Miggy sticks her head surrepticiously round the door pretending not to be waiting for news and also that she knows how to spell surreptitiously),

All okay in there?

And just in case, she offers two possible spellings. x
  • Happytogetdebtfree
    Options
    Yay the objectives been met spill when you can x
    I AM A MONEY MAGNET, THEY ARE MAKING MORE MONEY FOR ME AS WE SPEAK:pMIKES MOB, DFW NERD 1071, DFW LHS 132!MIRACLES HAPPEN I'VE SEEN IT WITH MY OWN EYES. LBM 08£77240.69 Current outstanding total £36083.01 Paid so far = £41157.68
  • savingmummy
    savingmummy Posts: 2,915 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Waiting very impatiently for news! God only knows how your feeling Mike this waiting to be contacted is a nightmare.
    I never have been very patient :)

Everything is crossed x
    DebtFree FEB 2010!
    Slight blip in 2013 - Debtfree Aug 2014 :j

Savings £132/£1000.
  • lisawaters
    edited 13 April 2010 at 7:00PM
    Options
    Waiting very impatiently for news! God only knows how your feeling Mike this waiting to be contacted is a nightmare.
    I never have been very patient :)

Everything is crossed x

That was the longest 24 hours of my life!

Good news on two fronts...

Spoke to the executive producer of DIY SOS a few minutes ago and he says he's interested, needs to know more, but it won't be for the series they're filming currently and would be some months away if they covered it at all.

He had nearly 100 emails from you and said how polite and supportive everyone was.

He liked the MSE forumistas support aspect and needs to think how that can be worked in.

He is escalating the project to Level 2 (don't ask me) but that means he will ask a researcher and a builder to come here in a couple of weeks and look round, measure up etc.

He stressed it may well not go ahead, but he wants to know more and likes the sound of the whole thing.

SO THAT IS WORTH A PAT ON THE BACK FOR EVERYONE HERE! GOOD FOR YOU!

Then...

I had an email from another programme :cool: I was talking to weeks ago that went all quiet on me. The person dealing with it had moved on and a new guy has picked it up and is interested in knowing more. I've resent the info he needs. I have no idea what happens next or when, if at all. But it's better than I expected, having more or less accepted they weren't responding. I hope to speak to him soon and he wants to send someone down to have a look.

If both are interested, that's a problem I will be happy to have. It will all sort itself out one way or another.

Hey - this is seriously good news, huh?

Your support helped me keep going long enough to contact these two, and the letters to DIY SOS obviously did the job you intended. Take a bow, everyone. People power + internet might = fewer of these thieves getting away with it, and maybe one day the law will be tightened up. It's obviously a bigger problem than anyone thought.

I'm not looking at curtain material samples yet, but knowing that people at the very top in television think what you've all done is remarkable makes me feel very good and proud to know you, and it's another step towards pinning a big one on Paul Bridle, from Horsham, West Sussex RH12 3LG.

Thank you. Have a good evening, everyone. Mr Bridle, just do your best, and enjoy all the free publicity for you and your business which is on its way.

Mike x
  • miggy
    miggy Posts: 4,328 Forumite
    Options
    Wow Mike - am sending virtual cream cakes and as it's virtual, might even run to some champers ;)! This is certainly several steps in the right direction!
    Miggy

MEMBER OF MIKE'S MOB!
    Every Penny a Prisoner

This article is about coffeehouse bartenders. For lawyers, see Barrister. (Wikipedia)
  • lisawaters
    Options
    miggy wrote: »
    Wow Mike - am sending virtual cream cakes and as it's virtual, might even run to some champers ;)! This is certainly several steps in the right direction!

Well wrap them carefully. The postman gave me a very funny look last time.

x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family