We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Please advise - it's all gone SO wrong

Options

Comments

• SouthernBellE*
    Options
    No talk of ovens gas or otherwise!

It will change. DO not give up ok. There will be a way, give us time and we will find it.

xxxx

Mike I only sent my e-mail at 12.00 today! :o Sorry mate but it was hard to put over 100 pages worth of struggles and events into one short message! :rotfl:

Just looked in to see if you'd heard from them and if you had a count of roughly how many e-mails were sent! :) Let me know if anything more can be done!

To stop you losing faith, I've quoted a post by Buffy that was made on 22.2.10. ;)

Keep your chin up & all the very best! :)

Happy......Get well soon Honey!:(
    PROUD MEMBER OF

MIKE'S :cool: MOB!
  • Happytogetdebtfree
    Options
    Thank you SB glad everyone else is emailing lots, and glad you have had some feedback let's hope it works out mike it would be. Nice feel good factor for alot o peopl if it did x
    I AM A MONEY MAGNET, THEY ARE MAKING MORE MONEY FOR ME AS WE SPEAK:pMIKES MOB, DFW NERD 1071, DFW LHS 132!MIRACLES HAPPEN I'VE SEEN IT WITH MY OWN EYES. LBM 08£77240.69 Current outstanding total £36083.01 Paid so far = £41157.68
  • Poosmate
    Poosmate Posts: 3,126 Forumite
    Options
    Evening all. Sorry you're feeling a little crappy Happy, hope it passes soon.

Nice letter from The One Show Mike, hopefully Trading Standards will now start looking into "that" bodger and he'll soon get his come uppance!

Not sure exactly what TS can or will do but I hope it doesn't have a detrimental effect on your claim! I mean, do they take people to court and hand out fines etc.? Ooh what if they imprison him? Can they do that? would that be Justice but still at your expense? OOooohh too many questions! I think my head will explode!

SB, hope you're having a rest after all those pm's.

Well done to all who have emailed, hopefully we'll hear something soon.

Keep your chin up Mike, we're still all behind you all the way!

Poo
    One of Mike's Mob, Street Found Money £1.66, Non Sealed Pot (5p,2p,1p)£6.82? (£0 banked), Online Opinions 5/50pts, Piggy points 15, Ipsos 3930pts (£25+), Valued Opinions £12.85, MutualPoints 1786, Slicethepie £0.12, Toluna 7870pts, DFD Computer says NO!
  • butdoineedit?
    butdoineedit? Posts: 1,181 Forumite
    Options
    Ok, i've unlurked to tell you i've sent an email, fingers crossed it works!!!

Stay strong Mike, have been sulking about my own problems all day, but this puts it all into perspective. You're an amazing bloke to have fought this far, please keep going something will happen soon i'm sure!
    February NSD challenge 5/15
  • smileyt_2
    smileyt_2 Posts: 1,240 Forumite
    Options
    Sent an e-mail just now, my initials are tn. fingers crossed.
    Aspire not to have more but to be more.
    Oscar Romero

Still trying to be frugal...
  • lisawaters
    lisawaters Posts: 2,081 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks butdoineedit? and smileyt for taking the trouble to help out. The email offensive has worked phenonomenally well - the BBC researcher phoned me today to find out more. That's no small achievement in itself given that they might get 1,000 applicants a month, and I'm grateful to everyone - around 100 people? - who did something really thoughtful for someone they don't even know.

I will probably hear tomorrow what they've decided.

x
  • SouthernBellE*
    Options
    lisawaters wrote: »
    Thanks butdoineedit? and smileyt for taking the trouble to help out. The email offensive has worked phenonomenally well - the BBC researcher phoned me today to find out more. That's no small achievement in itself given that they might get 1,000 applicants a month, and I'm grateful to everyone - around 100 people? - who did something really thoughtful for someone they don't even know.

x

Great News Mike! Did they seem keen?

Really hope this works out this time!

What about the questions poo raised regarding trading standards & the builder, how do things look there?
    PROUD MEMBER OF

MIKE'S :cool: MOB!
  • CarineG
    CarineG Posts: 157 Forumite
    Options
    hillcats wrote: »
    Mike,
    I do hope things are as good as can be for you.
    I had some catching up to do with your thread tonight, after a got a nudge from a really good helper of yours SOUTHERNBELLE who PM'd me asking for my help with this. (I was loads of pages behind and it has taken me 2 hours !!!)

I have sent my email and signed it with my username here and CC'd it to you as requested, best of luck and well done to everyone.

100k, thats nothing, an old L reg diesel mondeo I had that was used for work at many various locations around the country clocked up nearly 185k and it would have easily covered more than that, it was serviced every 3 months, until I stupidly hit someone up the backside whilst I glanced down at the radio.... D'OH !
    It was obviously written off..... That was over 10 years ago mind, travel only by train now for work.

I am also very impressed with your mortgage overpayments. I have been regretting not going for a tracker myself :(
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    lisawaters wrote: »

x

1.gif I'm supposed to be going to work - what if I miss all the excitement 1.gif

Can I throw a sickie Mike, can I, can I, can I :j:j:j:j:j:j

Good luck xx
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • lisawaters
    lisawaters Posts: 2,081 Forumite
    Options
    gallygirl wrote: »
    1.gif I'm supposed to be going to work - what if I miss all the excitement 1.gif

Can I throw a sickie Mike, can I, can I, can I :j:j:j:j:j:j

Good luck xx

Go on then... Knock yourself out.

x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts