The 'No More Buying DVDs Until I Have Watched the Ones I Already Own' Thread

Options

Comments

• setmefree2
    setmefree2 Posts: 9,072 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Finished watching LOST 2 with DS1. Next we will be watching ............LOST3! :D

Happy Viewing

5187a.gifa998055e-6fc6-4f70-bb4b-fa80269056ec.jpg
  • InaPickle
    InaPickle Posts: 5,968 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    setmefree2 wrote: »
    Finished watching LOST 2 with DS1. Next we will be watching ............LOST3! :D

Happy Viewing

5187a.gifa998055e-6fc6-4f70-bb4b-fa80269056ec.jpg

I've missed out on the whole Lost phenemenon other than a few episodes of the first series. I really need to watch it. However, is it like 'The X Files' where they asked so many questions and made it so convoluted so that they couldn't answer them themselves in the end?
    Please call me 'Pickle'
    No More Buying Books: ???
    No More Buying DVDs: ???
    NMB Toiletries ??? and I've gone back for my Masters at the University of Use Ups!
    P
    roud to be dealing with her debts 1198~

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    I know nothing about these - though my sons do!

Old habits die hard. I grew up with an Atari VCS and have been cheerfully lapping up the offerings of Sega, Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft ever since... :o
  • setmefree2
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    InaPickle wrote: »
    I've missed out on the whole Lost phenemenon other than a few episodes of the first series. I really need to watch it. However, is it like 'The X Files' where they asked so many questions and made it so convoluted so that they couldn't answer them themselves in the end?

I never watched the X Files....

....it's a bit "Lord of the Flies" crossed with "Twin Peaks" (if you remember that). It's wacky and totally addictive....:D
  • InaPickle
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

....it's a bit "Lord of the Flies" crossed with "Twin Peaks" (if you remember that). It's wacky and totally addictive....:D

Not really :o, but I hear it was good.

On the whole. I think I would like it a lot. I will watch when an opportunity presents itself. :cool:
    Please call me 'Pickle'
    NMB Toiletries ??? and I've gone back for my Masters at the University of Use Ups!
    P

• jackieb
    jackieb Posts: 27,605 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    VALM wrote: »
    Vanilla Sky is one that's in my pile and I still don't think I've seen it since buying it which was on its release. Am working my way through the many instalments of Reaper that I've V+ed though. x

Aww I like Reaper. I was sad that it ended when it did and there's to be no more. I also liked Dead Like Me (similar) and that died a death too. :(

I want to see Rescue Me and Big Love but they've stopped showing it over here, even though they're still being made in the US.
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

I loved both X-Files and TwinPeaks and although I shouldn't be saying this would love to own all these DVDs together with Reaper and I would also love to have and rewatch the whole of Heroes when it comes to an end because I've forgotten so much that has happened. x
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • setmefree2
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Finished West Wing Series 4 and also watched Vanilla Sky (which I enjoyed but won't be keeping so off to Oxfam). So far I have watched about 20 minutes of "The Sound of Music".....not really me but I will keep going with it at some point....

...I have bought Lost Series 5 for my eldest son for Easter and Desperate House Wives Series 6 for youngest DS. John Barrowman's episodes of DHWs have already begun to air in the US. I have also requested a Region 1 DVD player and the series Thirtysomething for my birthday in May....

Not doing very well am I? :rotfl:

Happy Viewing SmileyWatchingTV.gif
  • boultdj
    boultdj Posts: 5,312 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hello All,not been on 4 a bit,nearly finished another DVD multi pack 1 more film to go will watch that tonight, u know the 1's with 2 disc's film on both sides, suppose to be thriller/horrer films, i must have a twisted sence of humer cause i kept laughing at them.:o
    £71.93/ £180.00
  • InaPickle
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    boultdj wrote: »
    Hello All,not been on 4 a bit,nearly finished another DVD multi pack 1 more film to go will watch that tonight, u know the 1's with 2 disc's film on both sides, suppose to be thriller/horrer films, i must have a twisted sence of humer cause i kept laughing at them.:o

Sometimes they are just laughably bad. I remember watching 'Halloween H20' in the cinema and at least half the cinema were in hysterics at the conclusion. *Rolls eyes*
    Please call me 'Pickle'
    P

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family