The 'No More Buying DVDs Until I Have Watched the Ones I Already Own' Thread

Options

Comments

• yellowduck_2
    Options
    Mercifully dvds are not a weakness of mine, I'm a books and toiletries girl, but I do understand their allure in that they are marketed in much the same way with all those bulk buy offers. However I will confess to having a few that I have bought on impulse and never watched so this thread has encouraged me to do exaclty that especially as I can't afford to go out. I could have a movie night and get stuck into these films. To be super economical I could do home made munchies. Last DVD i watched was "the Take", based on a Martina Cole book, it was great, much much better than the book. Good luck to you all, will pop in and see how you are doing!
  • boultdj
    boultdj Posts: 5,312 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    OK,that's one set watched[2 discs 4 films] so good diden't even finnish watching last film,into the charity box it goes,only 170is to go. how are the rest of you going on?
    £71.93/ £180.00
  • InaPickle
    InaPickle Posts: 5,968 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    :o I never got the chance to watch my DVD last night, and I can't tonight or tomorrow, so I will try Saturday night instead. :o
    Please call me 'Pickle'
    No More Buying Books: ???
    No More Buying DVDs: ???
    NMB Toiletries ??? and I've gone back for my Masters at the University of Use Ups!
    P
    roud to be dealing with her debts 1198~

• mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    VALM wrote: »
    Hi Mrs Moneypenny, wish I could find out when Damages is back but there seems to be nothing online.

damages is back on this wednesday night at 10.45pm on BBC1.

watched Up at the weekend with the kids (cant really cuont as one off the stash as we only brought it this week:o)
    i know they had to sort of explain why he was alone in his old age but i found the montage at the beginning where his life passed by in phots and snatched memories very sad (especially the nursery planning scenes)

We did give 6 dvds back to a friend yesterday who wed borrowed off
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    damages is back on this wednesday night at 10.45pm on BBC1.

watched Up at the weekend with the kids (cant really cuont as one off the stash as we only brought it this week:o)
    i know they had to sort of explain why he was alone in his old age but i found the montage at the beginning where his life passed by in phots and snatched memories very sad (especially the nursery planning scenes)

We did give 6 dvds back to a friend yesterday who wed borrowed off

Cheers for that. Have set the V+ box. Maybe that should be my challenge instead - to try and delete 2-3 hours worth of TV a night. Last night we were really stuck for something to watch so watched one hour of Heroes (am loving this Season just as much as the others and am glad to see Surinder (sp??) back) followed by Delia through the Decades (one from the 70's randomly recorded some time ago) and How to Look Good Naked (another random one about women with disabilities - wished I'd taped the series cos I love Gok).
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • boultdj
    Options
    Well it's my day off,thick peasoup fog so stayed put and got another DVD out and what a surprise,OH want's to keep it. Oh well the tread does say watch,not watch and get rid.
    £71.93/ £180.00
  • InaPickle
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    boultdj wrote: »
    Well it's my day off,thick peasoup fog so stayed put and got another DVD out and what a surprise,OH want's to keep it. Oh well the tread does say watch,not watch and get rid.

*Cackles evily* That could be arranged! ;)

But well done on watching the DVD! :D
    Please call me 'Pickle'
    NMB Toiletries ??? and I've gone back for my Masters at the University of Use Ups!
    P

• VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Does anyone else find that, since joining this challenge/reading these threads, they look at DVDs in the stores more? I keep heading for that aisle at Sainsbury's and I don't usually buy them because I know I don't watch them! x
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • InaPickle
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    VALM wrote: »
    Does anyone else find that, since joining this challenge/reading these threads, they look at DVDs in the stores more? I keep heading for that aisle at Sainsbury's and I don't usually buy them because I know I don't watch them! x

I must admit to going for a little walk round the shops on my lunch break yesterday and looking at a few, but I didn't really have any desire to buy any.I think that's quite good. :D *Pickle puffs up chest proudly*
    Please call me 'Pickle'
    P

• boultdj
    Options
    well i'm here again,in the last week OH & me have watched 4 dvd's,2 not even been opened before and i know they came with the player & got that 3 years ago.Ho Hum my life is exciting.
    £71.93/ £180.00
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport