The 'No More Buying DVDs Until I Have Watched the Ones I Already Own' Thread

Options

Comments

• InaPickle
    InaPickle Posts: 5,968 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    boultdj wrote: »
    well i'm here again,in the last week OH & me have watched 4 dvd's,2 not even been opened before and i know they came with the player & got that 3 years ago.Ho Hum my life is exciting.

Well done - I've still been rubbish, and that's really bad cos I founded the thread! :o
    Please call me 'Pickle'
    No More Buying Books: ???
    No More Buying DVDs: ???
    NMB Toiletries ??? and I've gone back for my Masters at the University of Use Ups!
    P
    roud to be dealing with her debts 1198~

• setmefree2
    setmefree2 Posts: 9,072 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 3 March 2010 at 8:00PM
    Options
    InaPickle only just found this fantastic thread.

I am setting about getting rid of DVDs and videos as part of a declutter. Before I "get rid" of my DVDs and Vids wanted to watch them one more time just to make sure I really want to get rid.

So last night me and DS2 watched "A Series of Unfortunate Events". We decided it can go to our lovely Oxfam charity shop.

So hopefully that will be the first of many:)

Thanks again for this great thread. Hopefully I will be popping in often.

SMF2
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 2 March 2010 at 11:28AM
    Options
    New to this thread, thanks to setmefree2... I have a bunch of unwatched DVDs and Blu-rays at the moment. :o I've been slowly getting through them, but I also have a fairly extensive Amazon wish-list (or "evil seductive almost-impulse-purchase opportunity") and it doesn't help that I'm a sucker for collecting boxed sets of TV series (ouch) and that latest, greatest hi-def fad, the Blu-ray Disc. And they have a way of building up, particularly when it comes to the "oh, I must get the hi-def version of <insert film I already have on DVD or have watched numerous times on TV>".

Well, everyone must have at least one vice...

So my mission is to get through the existing Blu-rays and DVDs that are still in their shrink-wrap before buying any more.

On the plus side, at least I've been far more constrained with console games...
  • setmefree2
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    and it doesn't help that I'm a sucker for collecting boxed sets of TV series (ouch)

Me too! Me & Mr smf2 are currently working our way through a box set of the "West Wing", DS1 and me are watching "Lost" - we are currently on series 2. DS2 and me have just finished the final series of Robin Hood and are starting Desperate House Wives series 4.

Unwatched series that we own - Band of Brothers, ER series 1 and also 24 series 1.
  • setmefree2
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    On the plus side, at least I've been far more constrained with console games...

I know nothing about these - though my sons do!
  • setmefree2
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    We finished the West Wing Series 2 last night :T:T
  • InaPickle
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    setmefree2 wrote: »
    We finished the West Wing Series 2 last night :T:T

Well done, you! :T What's next?
    Please call me 'Pickle'
    NMB Toiletries ??? and I've gone back for my Masters at the University of Use Ups!
    P

• belfastgirl23
    belfastgirl23 Posts: 8,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    InaPickle wrote: »
    Well done, you! :T What's next?

It has to be WW series 3 - I thought the end to series 2 was a real cliffhanger!
  • setmefree2
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 3 March 2010 at 8:01PM
    Options
    It has to be WW series 3 - I thought the end to series 2 was a real cliffhanger!

You're right :D Well this is what me and Mr smf2 are going to watch. I'm watching Lost with DS1 and Desperate Housewives series 4 with DS2 (he's heard John Barrowman is going to be in series7 - he knows John Barrowman from Dr Who and Touchwood)

When I'm on my own I'm going to watch "The Sound of Music". Am I the only person who has never seen this? Got it out of an Oxfam charity shop for 60p:D

Happy Viewing! smiley_emoticons_tv.gif
  • InaPickle
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    setmefree2 wrote: »
    You're right :D Well this is what me and Mr smf2 are going to watch. I'm watching Lost with DS1 and Desperate Housewives series 4 with DS2 (he's heard John Barrowman is going to be in series7 - he knows John Barrowman from Dr Who and Touchwood)

When I'm on my own I'm going to watch "The Sound of Music". Am I the only person who has never seen this? Got it out of an Oxfam charity shop for 60p:D

Happy Viewing! smiley_emoticons_tv.gif

No, you aren't: at least, I don't think I've seen it the whole way through, interrupted. It feels like I've seen it, though, as I've seen so many clips of it on TV.

And I hope that Barrowman is in DH7. I think he's very talented and it seems that he hasn't got half the recognition he deserves in the States. (You know he audtioned for the role of Will in Will and Grace and they turned him down for being 'too straight' :eek:: he's have been a complete riot!)
    Please call me 'Pickle'
    P

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family