The 'No More Buying DVDs Until I Have Watched the Ones I Already Own' Thread

Options

Comments

• setmefree2
    setmefree2 Posts: 9,072 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    InaPickle wrote: »
    And I hope that Barrowman is in DH7. I think he's very talented and it seems that he hasn't got half the recognition he deserves in the States. (You know he audtioned for the role of Will in Will and Grace and they turned him down for being 'too straight' :eek:: he's have been a complete riot!)

I think he might be playing a villain.....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1246955/John-Barrowman-set-play-villain-Desperate-Housewives.html
    John Barrowman is heading to Hollywood to play the 'bad guy' on TV hit Desperate Housewives.
    The Torchwood and Dr Who star will guest star in several episodes on the long-running show about the goings on in fictional Wisteria Lane.
    Barrowman, 42, will fly to Los Angeles early March to film with Desperate Housewives leading ladies Teri Hatcher, Felicity Huffman, Marcia Cross and Eva Longoria Parker.
    Desperate Housewives creator Marc Cherry is keeping the plotlines involving Barrowman secret.
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    setmefree2 wrote: »
    You're right :D Well this is what me and Mr smf2 are going to watch. I'm watching Lost with DS1 and Desperate Housewives series 4 with DS2 (he's heard John Barrowman is going to be in series7 - he knows John Barrowman from Dr Who and Touchwood)

When I'm on my own I'm going to watch "The Sound of Music". Am I the only person who has never seen this? Got it out of an Oxfam charity shop for 60p:D

Happy Viewing! smiley_emoticons_tv.gif

I've never seen Sound of Music! Don't really have an inclination to watch either. I am however working my way through the millions of episodes of Reaper that I have on our V+ box though. I would love to own that on DVD. :o
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • setmefree2
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    VALM wrote: »
    I've never seen Sound of Music! Don't really have an inclination to watch either. I am however working my way through the millions of episodes of Reaper that I have on our V+ box though. I would love to own that on DVD. :o

Reaper seems to be only available in a Region 1 format (USA) so annoying when that happens:mad: I would love to watch a very old series called "30something" it is only available on Region 1 format too:mad:
  • InaPickle
    InaPickle Posts: 5,968 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    setmefree2 wrote: »
    Reaper seems to be only available in a Region 1 format (USA) so annoying when that happens:mad: I would love to watch a very old series called "30something" it is only available on Region 1 format too:mad:

Aren't DVD players all uncoded now?
    Please call me 'Pickle'
    No More Buying Books: ???
    No More Buying DVDs: ???
    NMB Toiletries ??? and I've gone back for my Masters at the University of Use Ups!
    P
    roud to be dealing with her debts 1198~

• VALM
    Options
    InaPickle wrote: »
    Aren't DVD players all uncoded now?

That's interesting, I didn't know that. Mind you ours is a multi-region player.

I will keep waiting for Reaper to be released in its entirety. Still can't believe they cancelled it although a cartoon is to be produced of it. x
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • InaPickle
    InaPickle Posts: 5,968 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    VALM wrote: »
    That's interesting, I didn't know that. Mind you ours is a multi-region player.

I will keep waiting for Reaper to be released in its entirety. Still can't believe they cancelled it although a cartoon is to be produced of it. x

I'm not 100% on that so check it out before acting on it, but I'm sure that most DVD players are multi-region so it doesn't really matter, which is surely the same equivalent, no?

I might just be talkng rubbish at this point...:o
    Please call me 'Pickle'
    No More Buying Books: ???
    No More Buying DVDs: ???
    NMB Toiletries ??? and I've gone back for my Masters at the University of Use Ups!
    P
    roud to be dealing with her debts 1198~

• setmefree2
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I'm no expert in DVD players but ours is specific to Europe. We are about to buy a new DVD player as ours is "on the way out"- long story! I will have a look at buying a multi region DVD player and see how much they cost. Thanks.
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    watched Duplicity on saturday night (from the unwatched pile) wasnt really that impressed it was OK.

DH is getting better at restraining himself from buying he has started managing to leave places like blockbusters and CEX emptyhanded:T.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • setmefree2
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 13 March 2010 at 3:11PM
    Options
    We've finished watch WW 3 and have started WW4 :D Still haven't watched the sound of music:p.

Bought 1 CD from the charity shop this week :naughty: "Vanilla Sky" Tom Cruise

Happy Viewing SmileyWatchingTV.gif
  • VALM
    Options
    Vanilla Sky is one that's in my pile and I still don't think I've seen it since buying it which was on its release. Am working my way through the many instalments of Reaper that I've V+ed though. x

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family