Club Seasons worth £2950.00..

Options

Comments

• Hezzawithkids
    Options
    I got my letter today, even took a special trip to the local delivery office to collect as was sent recorded delivery. Rang them at 12 noon and left a message then went on MSE. Glad I did, how many people actually fall for these things? I deliberately didn't get over excited when I saw the letter because, as they say - if it looks too good to be true then it probably is! They have gone to a lot of trouble though to hook you - first class, recorded delivery etc etc. Can't wait for them to call me back so I can tell them where to shove their so-called prize!!:rolleyes:

I have now unsubscribed from My Offers as I got fed up with all the cr*p they kept emailing me. :mad:

Have now been comping like a mad person since November 2007 and haven't won a sausage - how do all you winners do it???:confused:
    £2 Savers Club 2016 #21 £14/£250
    £2 Savers Club 2015 #8 £250£200 :j

Proud to be an OU graduate :j :j

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass but learning to dance in the rain
  • jammy_dodger
    Options
    initially got hopes up too when seen a signed for letter arrive but came straight onto this website.. i feel sorry for those taken in by these crooks

Guess i wont be wasting my time calling thanks guys

better luck next time :D
  • Tomthumb
    Tomthumb Posts: 1,102 Forumite
    Options
    I got one of these this am too, postie got us up to sign for this junk mail in disguise!
  • jacooper
    Options
    My mother - in -law has just told me we can have free 4 night stay in one of the uk resorts. I was amazed and really excited untill I read this thread. She is going to Portugal in August with 3 others.

When I asked her how this had all come about she mentioned her friend that had won a holiday and then she was able to let a friend have a free weekend.

My M.I.L said she has paid £300+ for 1 week abroad and this 4 day break which she thinks it's a bargain!!! which it would be if it ended there.
    Now do I talk to her about what I have read or do I just enjoy our( partner and 2 kids) free holiday. I think her and her partner can afford the yearly fee and do like going away for weekends etc so it may well pay off for them. I have read that you have to buy in after 3 years....what's that all about???
    I am thinking of going to Clowance in Cornwall but have to have school hols so we will see if I can get them first!!!
  • DdraigGoch
    Options
    Here's another letter telling me I've won a membership, please note, this is not telling me I've won a holiday.

Now, I'm not a Seasons employee, not a viral marketeer, I'm late middle aged, I don't want to travel abroad and thus cannot afford a holiday as everything in UK seems so expensive unless I go to Butlitz or somewhere similar. I've tried to get to Centre Parcs as managed to go there with family about 4 years ago and can't afford it.

I have run my own company for many years so very used to saying no thank you to "special offers" I do own a time share week [I'll give further details in a pm if anyone needs to know] and it is let for me by the company so I don't pay any maintenance, or I lend it to friends and they pay the maintenance for me. I can't sell it for any worthwhile money, so, so long as it doesn't cost me I don't care.

Having hopefully established some background I am hoping not to get flamed. Please don't, I'm easily upset [and no, I'm not joking].

I am seriously considering taking up the £168.50 offer for a UK holiday for 4 people. Now, if anyone can show me a better deal I shall be there like a shot, as I do not relish the prospect of holding my OH back as he attempts to disembowel any salesmen!

Please come up with an alternative plan for me or some actual evidence of foul play. I've read this entire thread in one sitting [am now rather exhausted, so please excuse lack of grammar] and am obviously nervous, but I'd love to be able to take the family away. I might be a Nervous Nelly about being shouted at but I'm very firm on spending money unnecessarily - I don't do it, at all.

Many thanks in advance for any advice
    DG
    If you see me on here - shout at me to get off and go and get something useful done!! :D
  • ellymk
    ellymk Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    I also won this but decided not to take it up, as when you look on the resort map, there arent that many to choose from and it was only a week at a time, so not long enough for long haul, so i thought as so many bargains around, it weasnt really worth it as you had to find own flights. Do look though for your own piece of mind.;)
  • Lucyxx
    Lucyxx Posts: 3,147 Forumite
    Options
    DdraigGoch wrote: »
    Here's another letter telling me I've won a membership, please note, this is not telling me I've won a holiday.

Now, I'm not a Seasons employee, not a viral marketeer, I'm late middle aged, I don't want to travel abroad and thus cannot afford a holiday as everything in UK seems so expensive unless I go to Butlitz or somewhere similar. I've tried to get to Centre Parcs as managed to go there with family about 4 years ago and can't afford it.

I have run my own company for many years so very used to saying no thank you to "special offers" I do own a time share week [I'll give further details in a pm if anyone needs to know] and it is let for me by the company so I don't pay any maintenance, or I lend it to friends and they pay the maintenance for me. I can't sell it for any worthwhile money, so, so long as it doesn't cost me I don't care.

Having hopefully established some background I am hoping not to get flamed. Please don't, I'm easily upset [and no, I'm not joking].

I am seriously considering taking up the £168.50 offer for a UK holiday for 4 people. Now, if anyone can show me a better deal I shall be there like a shot, as I do not relish the prospect of holding my OH back as he attempts to disembowel any salesmen!

Please come up with an alternative plan for me or some actual evidence of foul play. I've read this entire thread in one sitting [am now rather exhausted, so please excuse lack of grammar] and am obviously nervous, but I'd love to be able to take the family away. I might be a Nervous Nelly about being shouted at but I'm very firm on spending money unnecessarily - I don't do it, at all.

Many thanks in advance for any advice
    DG

Sorry if I am stating something you already know about!

Have you tried the Sun newspaper holidays??? loads of places in the UK and only £38 for 4 people? there are usually a couple of extra charges ie- entertainment passes/ optional bedlinen etc but still an absolute bargain.

I think it may be too late for the ones coming up, but they may do it again later in the year.

I never saw myself as a "Sun Holiday" person until we had our first child and were nervous about taking a baby away - we figured we if we hated it we could always come home as we hadn't spent much on it! It came in useful again last year when we were scrimping and saving to move house, - £68 for 5 days next to the beach in Cornwall and it was absolutely brilliant!!!!

I was a bit embarrassed at first to admit that I went on one, but actually nearly everyone I know has too!!!!

Worth a try rather than being harrassed forever by these scam companies (my friends parents went on one and had to go to a "meeting" upon arrival - it was a 3 hour sales pitch :eek: !!!)!!

I think the fact they are trying to con you by saying you have "won membership" says it all really - it's just a new way of trying to trick people. A bit like every other month weighwatchers does "free membership fee" - but that does not include the amount you pay to go and be weighed every week after that or however it works. Only yours is on a bigger scale. (but you get my gist)

HTH

Luc x
  • DdraigGoch
    Options
    Thanks, Lucy. I think I'll stick with your suggestion.

The reasons we didn't take up the Sun offer is twofold, a] we don't read the Sun! and b] we've been to Haven and OH just hates it :rolleyes::o We went for a week one year and it was just awful - wrong caravan, constant sales pitch from the Holiday Ownership reps, bad weather and we couldn't leave the park as the children wanted to swim all the time *bangs head on desk - repeatedly* so he got so fed up I promised we'd never go again!!!

but I might just see if he'll give it another try now they're older ;)

Thanks for your help
    DG
    If you see me on here - shout at me to get off and go and get something useful done!! :D
  • denerobt
    Options
    Hi everyone. Like others - absolute newbie here. I too got my letter this morning, made my way here to this site (which I've now joined) and will be putting my letter in the bin :D

I agree with loads of others - if it's a winning prize then just give us the winning prize!! Not charge for things. Last year I won a draw from Marriott hotels for the rugby in Cardiff. Absolutely free- they didn't want any management fee up front or for me to stay an extra two nights ontop of my prize. Just all up free!! 2 tickets for the rugby, 2 nights accommodation and free wine and food thrown in just as a well done for winning. Now, isn't that how prizes should be?

But at least you have to admire Clubseasons tenacity!! When I first started looking at this thread I thought this was an old one but on reaching the end of the messages and seeing there was one from the 5th Feb, I just laughed :rotfl:

My partner is gutted as I initially text her at work saying I've won something. Good job we are already planning a weekend away in the Lake District or I would have a very grumpy woman walking in tonight!!

Rob - newbie who doesn't work for ClubSeasons -that's for sure!
  • Cherylemma_2
    Options
    Hi, new to the site today.
    Post woman knocked on the door, gave me a letter that I had to sign for, phoned the helpline, was fantastic to start with......until the girl on the other end of the phone said I had to pay over £350 maintennace charge every year, apart from the 1st year which was knocked down to £274.
    Looked on the Australia site, then at flights, flights alone would cost over £3100. Looks great on paper, but when you've paid for taxis, flights etc etc it costs same amount as a normal holiday & with a normal holiday you go where you want. Don't think I'll be taking them up on it. 1 thing that puzzles me.....anyone have any idea where they got my address & email address from because I never entered the draw?????????:confused:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure