Club Seasons worth £2950.00..

Options

Comments

• mpython
    mpython Posts: 3,677 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    OK, pcar964, so i stand corrected on the content, but if I owned 2 red weeks why would I use the phrase "we rarely use our red week, we usually swap it for three green". So its still no more convincing than the rest - I mean commiting yourself to paying £800 (plus annual increases) for 60 years. Not very MSE is it?

O, I forgot, your last but one post was in support of this scam/ marketing ploy, but that was 10 months ago......

As Harry Hill might say about finding a statistician in the audiance, 'What are the odds on that?'
    From MSE Martin - Some General Tips On Holiday Home Organisations and Sales Meetings

DO NOT TOUCH ANY OF THEM WITH A BARGEPOLE!
  • pcar964
    Options
    mpython wrote: »
    ....O, I forgot, your last but one post was in support of this scam/ marketing ploy, but that was 10 months ago......

I've read the post you refer to from 10 months ago. Last line reads:

All in all I would class it as a scam.

How on earth do you conclude that I was "in support of this scam"?

my last but one post

Last but two now :D

:confused:

• MUGGLEWUMP_3
    Options
    mpython wrote: »
    OK, pcar964, so i stand corrected on the content, but if I owned 2 red weeks why would I use the phrase "we rarely use our red week, we usually swap it for three green". So its still no more convincing than the rest - I mean commiting yourself to paying £800 (plus annual increases) for 60 years. Not very MSE is it?

O, I forgot, your last but one post was in support of this scam/ marketing ploy, but that was 10 months ago......

As Harry Hill might say about finding a statistician in the audiance, 'What are the odds on that?'

reply by MUGGLEWUMP

I am disabled mpython and typing is very difficult and painful for me. I did re-read it before I posted it but didn`t notice that I had spoken about two weeks then one, I knew what I was trying to say and did clarify it

I am at a loss to know why you seem to imply that I am lying.

If you read my posting again, you will see that we do indeed own 2 red weeks having upgraded from the "won" green week to one red week, then later buying another red week. AND upgrading again this year from a sleep 6 to a sleep 8 unit. My mother spoke to her solicitor and showed him the paperwork, she asked advice from independent financial advisors and my brothers and sisters searched for information about the company and it`s ethics and it`s trustees etc.

The lease is until 2069. Our families intend to use it along with our friends for as long as we want to and are able to. Paying around £800 a year for multi weeks holidays is a lot cheaper than just the council tax on a holiday home! Also, we can rent out our weeks and could recoup the maintenance fee easily.

WE are happy with what we have paid for.

My posting was in reply to those asking whether Seasons was making a genuine offer or is it a scam -, not asking for, nor deserving of personal attacks/ insults or opinions about my integrity

What ever WE have committed ourselves to is our choice - our INFORMED choice and what we have chosen to do suits US. That is why I have shared our experiences of Seasons on this site.

fortunately, we don`t all like the same things, what a boring planet it would be if we did.

I am in no way promoting Seasons or defending them. just answering some peoples request for any information, good or bad on whether their "win" was genuine or not. I do not want to get into any debate about personal choices or opinions.

I am happy to let anyone know that Seasons can and do sometimes mess up - I am still furious at the disgusting state of the lodge we were in in Laugharne recently but that does not condemn the whole company - or even the whole resort. no place on earth and no person is ever perfect. mistakes happen and I have to say Seasons do try to put things right. constructive critisism is healthy, uninformed or biased attack is not.

It has become common in the media and with certain people to be loudly anti things/people/companies etc that they know nothing about.

I have merely given information for those that have no idea what seasons is about and therefore are suspicious and convinced that it is a scam - just as we were when that first "you have won" letter arrived on the doormat 3 years ago.

No holiday anywhere, any place, any time anywhere in the world will suit everybody. we are all different and have different expectations, needs and wants.

There are plenty of scams out there, this offer is not one of them. The aim of a scam is to cheat you out of money/property etc without you getting anything in return. An on line definition of scam reads: "[SIZE=-1]A ploy by a shyster to raise money"- lying in order to extract money out of people [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]for non-existent goods/services etc

I would also like to add that my [/SIZE] son and his wife received this very same offer last week. In googling club seasons I found this forum.

Having looked into what was offered and asked various questions they have come to the conclusion that one weeks holiday in the lowest weeks of the year and paying £300 plus for the mainenance each year wasn`t worth it for THEM. They can, after all, share ours with us.

That is THEIR decision after many enquiries and mature debate between them. Others will make a different decision. that is their right, their choice.

The most important thing for ANYONE to do is GET INFORMED - trading standards for one - it`s just a phone call. READ everything you can about them on their own website and any holiday watchbodies you can find.

Just don`t automatically condemn something or someone just because you don`t know anything about them or don`t understand them. How easy it is to attack peoples motives! Good people have been destroyed by gossip and vicious rumour!

Best advice? = don`t EVER sign up for anything (especially the "sign up now or you`ll lose it" -"today only" etc) until you have got independent and thorough information and advice. If it`s genuine, you`ll have time to do this.

Check everything that is told you, get everything in writing AND give yourself time to think about it without emotion.
  • mpython
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi Mugglewump (from one disabled person to another though what that's got to do with this I don't know). If you read my contributions to this and other threads on club seasons, club la costa, seasons holidays (or whatever new name the directors have dreamt up this week to dissassoiate themselves with their last name) you will see that I do know what I'm talking about and viral marketeers like you stand out like a sore thumb on a money saving website.

To save time, I'll just quote what Martin (who owns this site and has saved UK consumers £Ms) has to say about these kind of Holiday Schemes?
    "DO NOT TOUCH ANY OF THEM WITH A BARGEPOLE!"
    So, who shall the rest of MSE trust? The owner of the site or someone who joined yesterday and has so far only made posts in support of these terrible deals?
    From MSE Martin - Some General Tips On Holiday Home Organisations and Sales Meetings

• BrokenBed
    Options
    I too have had this letter, read all the bumph and looked at the website. Very nearly tried to raise the money, because it sounded so nice. Not been on holiday for years, but then looked at the info about taking Maisie(my lovely cuddly cream retriever) and they said no dogs allowed. So that was the end of that :(
    :confused::mad::eek:
  • mpython
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    pcar964 wrote: »
    I've read the post you refer to from 10 months ago. Last line reads:

All in all I would class it as a scam.

How on earth do you conclude that I was "in support of this scam"?

my last but one post

Last but two now :D

:confused:

Hi pcar964, this is the line that made me suspicious :-

"I might do as others have suggested and take up the 1st year reduced price offer."

Were you being tongue in cheek or were you seriously suggesting that the invitation was worth following up on?

• MUGGLEWUMP_3
    Options
    a PS. I`ve just read some more comments, so am adding the following

As a Seasons member - you can use any of their facilities any time free of charge - even if you`re not on holiday. I`ve never used the tennis courts as I`m disabled, but if you bring your own equipment the courts are free, the swimming pool, the games rooms, the gym, the saunas, the hot tubs etc etc. not sure about the golf as I have no interest in it but you can but ask!

if you are lucky enough to live near one of the resorts and are a member then you can use the facilities there any time. Apart from the annual maintenance fee which covers insurance, heating, cleaning, supplies of sheets, bedding, towels, soaps etc, you don`t need to pay for anything else. In Clowance we had a washing machine and a dishwasher etc, in Laugharne no washing machine in the lodge but a pay to use one on site.

Just ring Seasons up and ask them anything! (and the telephone number is NOT the outrageous 0870 etc numbers that rip you off and make money for them, it`s an ordinary 01 number)
  • mpython
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Martine Lewis still says:

"DO NOT TOUCH ANY OF THEM WITH A BARGEPOLE!"

• ixwood
    ixwood Posts: 2,550 Forumite
    Options
    Oh dear. lol at all the fishy new posters on here.

£400 would get you a villa in any country for a week, probably with change to spare. I wouldn't touch it with someone elses bargepole.
  • MUGGLEWUMP_3
    Options
    Viral marketeers like me?

So, just so that I, and anybody else reading this can understand what you are saying then mypython :

1. any "newbie" on this site is a liar ? AND

2. Nobody is allowed to say anything postitive ?

3. This forum is only for complaining and moaning ?

4. ANY holiday scheme is a "terrible deal" ?

5. Any body who buys into a holiday scheme has no right to enjoy it and tell people about it?

6. Anybody who has a different opinion to you is wrong? ignorant? VIRAL???

7. You will deny others the right to spend their money how they see fit even if, in your opinion, it is a waste of money?

AND,

8. only people like you who have posted here before are to be believed?

WOW! I guess you must have posted for the first time here once upon a time - did everybody call you a liar and other insulting names then?

I thought, as a free society, that we are ALL entitled to share our opinions and experiences with others. To give a balanced view from every aspect.

I wonder why you feel the need to try and crush, ridicule, humiliate, insult and silence anybody who has a different opinion to you?

Nowhere have I insulted you or your opinions.

The question asked, and I answered - is the holiday offered by Seasons a scam or not.

NO, it is NOT a scam.

WHETHER it is good value for money or not, is up to the informed adult involved. TO CHOOSE FOR THEMSELVES- NOT DICTATED TO BY YOU OR ANYONE ELSE.

For example, I personally think £2.50 for a large coffee outrageous, others think it`s fine. Would you deny any human being the right to choose?

To insult that person and their choice just because you don`t agree with them says more about you, than about them - or me.

23,000 FAMILIES ARE SEASONS HOLIDAY OWNERS. So, you`ve heard the fears, worries, the lies and the positive, now follow the links below and read all the bad things I could find about Seasons.

(I don`t think their offer to my son was good value at all, somebody else will think otherwise THAT IS THEIR RIGHT TO CHOOSE. I hate the hard sell and the constant meetings to get you to upgrade, BUT, I defend our right to examine and either reject or accept. We know how to say NO thankyou)

HERE`S SOME INFORMATION SOME OF YOU MIGHT LIKE TO LOOK AT

Seasons Holidays were fined £14000 in 2002 by Carmarthen County Council (type seasons holidays complaints into google, I just did this and found this information) for offering "FREE" holidays with no strings attached.

if anyone feels they are doing the same thing again, then for goodness sake report them and don`t waste any more time looking at other peoples grouches and scaremongering. here`s the link for the report:
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=seasons+holidays+complaints&btnG=Search

Here is the council`s website: [SIZE=-1]www.carmarthenshire.gov.uk

Trading standards contact: https://www.tradingstandards.gov
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1] [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]The Organisation for Timeshare in Europe[/SIZE][SIZE=-1] https://www.ote-info.com[/SIZE]

The Association of Timeshare Owners Commitees =www.tatoc.co.uk

MARTIN LEWIS ROCKS! He exposes scams and champions the cheated.

He would say exactly what I have said- examine all things FOR YOURSELF. TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR ACTIONS, and, if it seems to good to be true, then it usually is. GET INFORMED, then and only then, make YOUR choice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure