Club Seasons worth £2950.00..

Options

Comments

• moonpixiewitch
    Options
    mpython wrote: »
    Rarely have any of these companies actually provided a good deal for any consumer. As a general point I would completely avoid attending such meetings. Never part with your money. In my view you're almost invariably better off going for a normal holiday.

Hi all ,
    got 2 letters this morning (one for someone who doesn't exist!)signed for them , opened them, thought to myself ...hmmmm dodgy timeshares anyone....then went straight here for a look at what you all say about it . I shall be sticking with my original plan - clubcard deals to pay for my holiday next year.:beer:
    I will also be avoiding the competitions sites these letters are spawned from like the plague from now on! Only signed up to get the points!
    This one is nearly as good as the email I had last month telling me I had won 250000 dollars in a lottery I had not entered!:rotfl:
    my OH always think they are real prizes and tells me I am far to cynical ! This one is going in the recycling before he gets home!:T
    But a wicked thought has just occurred , there is a postal address at the bottom of my letters , I could return them without a stamp , then it would cost them money !:j just a thought :wink:
    Started my own business and loving being my own boss
    march gc 144/230
  • eggandspoonbutnorace
    Options
    Sorry to bump this but….

…the scam from clubseasons is still about. Got my letter to say (via recorded delivery)

“I am delighted to confirm you have won a prize to the value of £3750, in the Plum Offers/Seasons grand prize draw”

Well after reading the posts on here, they can kiss my plums!
    :: Comp Challange 2007 = £204 ::
    :: Total So Far = £0.00! ::
  • easteregg_2
    easteregg_2 Posts: 114 Forumite
    Options
    Today I too had an identical letter by recorded delivery saying I had "won a prize to the value of £3750". From the previous posts this is clearly a scam as I have entered no prize draw !!!

I'll be contacting Watchdog and I advise everyone else should do the same.
  • kimmywal
    kimmywal Posts: 11,288 Forumite
    Options
    Wow I have just read through the threads and I have to say I am with you mpython. All or most, I dont want to start a riot here, of the quotes in favour of the time share thing are newbies which cant but help make you suspicious, well it does me, and I am not usually prone to paranoia. I just think stay well away and look for cheap hols on this site. Look over to the right for a link. ;)
    What we see depends mainly on what we look for

"This will be mine in 2009" member 50
  • jo44_2
    jo44_2 Posts: 52 Forumite
    Options
    Hi
    At the risk of being "outed" as a newbie, I thought it might be of interest to folks that I've just got back from a week at the Seasons Whitbarrow village in the Lakes after getting a letter from them a couple of months ago.
    I felt that for a week and a long weekend, £260 was worth the risk. We wanted to go away for half term and this seemed OK.
    I would say the place is a bit spookily soul-less, but clean, quiet and everything worked. We didn't see a single company rep while we were there and didn't spend any more money than the £260.
    Apparently I won one of the memberships that allow you to book anytime, and we got in at short notice for a school holiday - I think there was a cancellation.
    I was reassured when I made the call that I can stop paying at any time (probably will only do this first year as it wasn't really our thing). I haven't checked this out yet though.
    So while I wouldn't actually recommend it - (my friend said it felt a bit like "The Prisoner"), I can reassure folks that in my opinion it is worth the money and is efficient and clean - A cottage in the Lakes for last week for us 5 would have cost £600, so that's a good deal if you do this sort of thing.
    I have absolutely nothing to do with the Seasons company by the way. I'm just someone who looked on here for advice when I won this and decided to go for it anyway, so I thought my experience might be of interest.
    Cheers
    Jo
  • Murdo_M
    Murdo_M Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Oh the ecstacy... Oh the agony!

I received a letter by recorded delivery this morning from Club Seasons. The letter stated that I had won £3750 from a prize draw (which I don't remember entering). I need to dial a freephone number to authenticate the prize, and I need to do this within the week. Naturally I was really excited at first, but then I read some of the testimonies on this site...

I feel awful now! It's been barely an hour since I opened the letter and, to put it frankly, I really thought I had won a prize at last! Shame really, as I've not had a 'proper' holiday since 2001.:mad:

Boo hoo
  • vfoxcroft
    Options
    This is my first time posting and i have never done anythign like this before. I have read through all of the posts some of which were useful and others not so.

I also received a letter today which i had to sign for with a holiday prize of £3750 and this is the reason why i have trawled about on different websites and forums to see what the score is. I have seen that there has been some problems with the company.

I applied to this competition through plum offers and on the competition it did state if you won you had to pay the management fee. See the Ts&Cs
    http://honda.plum-offers.com/?source_id=9&source_data=%5BBrandGroupCar%5D&gclid=CPnwx-621owCFSYbEAod0CUfqg

I am really in two minds about what to do as I am thinking maybe the company are trying to improve their reputation and maybe it is a good deal. When I read through the posts I didnt see anyone who said they have a bad experience when they went with them. If anyone did have a bad experience when they went with them please could anybody put up a post to let me know.

Thanks very much in advance
    A previously excited winner, who is now very confused!!!!
  • vfoxcroft
    Options
    I have been on the phone to them three times today and not once have they pushed me, this is adding to my confusion!
  • jo44_2
    jo44_2 Posts: 52 Forumite
    Options
    HI
    Jo44 again - I posted a few days ago.
    I wouldn't have any worries about the ethics - I honestly havent had a dicky bird from them before, since or during my week in the Lake District. If you take UK breaks and just want somewhere clean and comfortable, I think it's fine.
    I know there's a lot of suspicion about time share, but I don't think this fits really, or if it does, you are only paying the £250 - £350 per year and get a week and a weekend away for that. If you think that's reasonable value for money (which we did) then I would say go for it.
    Hope this helps
    Jo
  • airbag
    airbag Posts: 53 Forumite
    Options
    I too got a recorded letter today I had to sign for. Thought I'd really won something and got excited, especially with official looking letter and freephone no. and I also remembered entering it.

I will steer clear of some of these competition sites from now on if this is what you get. Did have my doubts though, and quick search on the net revealed the scam. I'm almost impressed at the nerve of 'em for this cunning and elaborate sales routine.

Most competition scams are dead easy to spot like the free scratchcards that always win and premium rate numbers.

Annoyed they wasted my time though, they should be reported to Watchdog or something . VERY sneaky :naughty:

But I totally agree with the previous poster who suggested the person who thought this up should be shot!

Also , disappointed with Channel 4 Racing presenter Derek Thompson for endorsing ClubSeasons.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure