Club Seasons worth £2950.00..

Options

Comments

• Missymac_2
    Options
    I don't know the answers to these questions although I 'm sure littleholly said that you could cancel without a ridiculous amount of notice.

I'm short- termist in that I want these two breaks for £250 and won't go beyond the year without a thorough review. And I'm not taking the moral high ground and refusing to deal with them because other people may choose an extortionate upgrade. I want to see people with full protection under the law but we still must be able to make our own decisions.

If this is a scam and illegal I bet it will be on Watchdog before long.
  • littleholly
    Options
    mpython wrote:
    I have the feeling I'm being baited but that you/Missymac are enjoying yourself/ves. So please enjoy away.

Why do you have to pay to receive a prize you've won?

What the true lifetime cost of this product?

Why can you not cancel your membership with a reasonable period of notice?

Why is there no independent research published on member's views?

I don't really understand what you mean by being 'baited'. I'm not enjoying myself, just responding to your comments.

1) You would have to ask clubseasons the answer to this question.

2) I have no idea, I haven't bothered to work it out as we're probably only going to do it for this year.

3) I have explained a couple of times before that you CAN cancel your membership, or thats what they told me anyway and thats what we are probably going to do after this 1st year.

4) You have to ask clubseason the answer to that one aswell.

Hope thats answered all your questions.

NOW IN COMPING SEMI-RETIREMENT! :D
    AL MAC APPRECIATION SOCIETY MEMBER NO: 550 748 ;)
  • Missymac_2
    Options
    I only meant that our new status and appearing here with even the slightest positive thing to say about the Clubseason offer works against us .

After all my first post was bad enough to provoke your runny nose!
  • mpython
    mpython Posts: 3,677 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Missymac wrote:
    I don't know the answers to these questions although I 'm sure littleholly said that you could cancel without a ridiculous amount of notice.

I'm short- termist in that I want these two breaks for £250 and won't go beyond the year without a thorough review. And I'm not taking the moral high ground and refusing to deal with them because other people may choose an extortionate upgrade. I want to see people with full protection under the law but we still must be able to make our own decisions.

If this is a scam and illegal I bet it will be on Watchdog before long.

As I suggested in an earlier post, if today, you decided you no longer wanted to go in Aug, they wouldn't give you your money back whereas a hotel or travel agent would. & if you sign up after the first year.........

Its been on watchdog, the most recent BBC prog this kind of thing was on was "Old dogs, new tricks" Old dogs new tricks link. This is another useful website you might like to have a look around Crimeshare

Shall we leave this debate here?

Come & join us on the comp forum - I promise it'll be a lot more fun! People really have won holidays, Ipods, TVs, fab jewllery & loads of other amazing things thanks to the people on here.
    From MSE Martin - Some General Tips On Holiday Home Organisations and Sales Meetings

DO NOT TOUCH ANY OF THEM WITH A BARGEPOLE!
  • Missymac_2
    Options
    Ok will do.
  • Missymac_2
    Options
    How do I get there?
  • rogjen
    rogjen Posts: 282 Forumite
    Options
    :rolleyes: I got the same thin g last year, chose to decline.
  • mpython
    mpython Posts: 3,677 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    This is the front page link (there are loads and loads of pages of comps) Competition Forums , - or if you look at the top of any page on MSE, on the left hand side there is a table, the blue entry is "Chat Forums" which leads to all the many different areas, including competitions. This thread is part of a sub-forum of competitions where people share their winning stories (hence why I get animated about CS).

Tonight, there's comps for a trip on the Queen Mary, LCD TV, trip to canada, digital camera, CDs, shopping trips, theatre tickets & so much more. I'd be lying if I led you to believe that we win everything, but if you have a look around the "I won I won I won" sub-forum at the very top of the competiton forum, you'll see people have recently won trip to Las Vagas, books, Sat Nav, crisps, film tickets etc etc.

I'm sure you'll find everyone quite friendly.
    From MSE Martin - Some General Tips On Holiday Home Organisations and Sales Meetings

DO NOT TOUCH ANY OF THEM WITH A BARGEPOLE!
  • rocktop
    Options
    Hi, you'd better watch out 'promoting' clubseasons on here especially as its your 1st post - you'll be shot down! We've not long been back from Whitbarrow and its great if you like outdoor activities such as walking etc, not much for us to do with an 8 year old and an 11 month old but the accomodation was excellent. You do know that the leisure centre will be closed from April as its being refurbished? Hope you have a good time.
    Thanks for the warning - it looks like someone is already shooting at me !! Yes we do like walking and as we have a grown up family who are not coming with us we will find plenty to do - even bought some new boots at the weekend !! We weretold when we booked that the leisure centre would be closed - will probably be to tired to use it anyway !!
  • rocktop
    Options
    mpython wrote:
    Unless this is a wind up, here we go again.......... another newbie trying to persuade readers its a good deal. Ignoring the prize you have to pay for, the extortinate annual charges,the inability to cancel, etc etc.

Sniff... sniff...sniff.. looks like it as well!

Well mpython, just to let you know that it was not a wind up - even you were a newbie once I suppose. Its up to the individuals to make their own minds up what they want to to do and just because someone does not share your opinion there is no need to be offensive or condescending in your tone. There is more to life than being continually negative.

Naturally you have a right to disagree with my comments but they, like many others, are not wrong but just differ from your own. To date my experience has been good - I'll let you know more once I have been to the lakes in May and Spain in July:confused:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure