PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Please help re flat deposit

Options

Comments

• 123oleary
    Options
    wow!!! that was a long thread.
  • foxyd3vil12
    Options
    congrats 2 u jennienoo and EL and everyone else who have beat the landlords! it is good that people who rent and give a huge deposit are not bullied into just giving up on losing it once they leave the property.

one of my landlords did it 2 me once but i was only 19 yrs old so couldnt be bothered with the hassle of it all. £150 for a lost window key and a room which hadnt been properly painted when i first moved in there. but there is a big difference between £150 and £600+.

took me 3 hours to read the whole thread, but couldnt leave it once i started reading! lol!
  • EagerLearner
    Options
    Thanks 123Oleary and Foxy - good to hear from you and glad it was inspirational, and you took so much time out of your day to read such a long story! x
    MFW #185
    Mortgage slowly being offset! £86,987 /58,742 virtual balance
    Original mortgage free date 2037/ Now Nov 2034 and counting :T
    YNAB lover :D
  • Snowyemma
    Snowyemma Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    I know it's a while since anyone's posted on this thread, but I've not long been pointed in its direction and felt I had to write something! I've just started the ball rolling to take my former LL to court, and your case has given me heart that I might just have a hope of winning! My case isn't as complicated as yours (at least I hope it isn't... guess it remains to be seen!), but let's just say the LL isn't co-operating.

Anyway, congratulations, and I hope you haven't had any bother with any subsequent LLs!
  • clutton_2
    clutton_2 Posts: 11,149 Forumite
    Options
    i was about to suggest emma start her own thead - then realised she already had !
  • EagerLearner
    EagerLearner Posts: 4,976 Forumite
    Options
    Hello to all my fellow mse devotees and good luck snowyemma - hopefully you can get your cash back and fight the good fight! I'l scoot over there and have a nosey soon...

This thread popping up again reminds me to ask what y'all think on this:
    Is it time now that I shred all the court stuff?

Current landlady is fab, protected our deposit, and recently we negotiated a rent decrease with her by e-mailing links to similar properties in our area. We're happy to be there though and she'd lovely, so have agreed to another 6 months.
    MFW #185
  • clutton_2
    clutton_2 Posts: 11,149 Forumite
    Options
    i would not shred yet - your ex :LL was such a slime ball ........ who knows what machievellian schemes she may have

do you hear anything about her these days ? how is she treating her latest tenants ? is she still pretending to have 4-5 different names ?
  • EagerLearner
    EagerLearner Posts: 4,976 Forumite
    Options
    Hi clutton - ah, I will hold on to them for a bit longer then... not sure actually what she's up to. To be honest I haven't been inclined to find out... doubt I could, seeing as it was so hard to get her name in the first place! I do know the peeps under the flat though so could always find out when I am in that area again.

Plus there was the whole thing where her decorator friend was the one that write and paid us the cheque... so Mrs Landlady has no desire for us to see *her* cheque? Hmm... I ponder about this still.. what could be the reasons for the decorating side of the 'organisation' writing the cheque?

Anyway how's you & your devlish airbourne saga?
    MFW #185
  • Mrs_pbradley936
    Mrs_pbradley936 Posts: 14,567 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hello old friends!

I just checked and I have the 3rd highest post count on this thread!

EL you are first and clutton is 2nd.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport