PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Please help re flat deposit

Options

Comments

• EagerLearner
    EagerLearner Posts: 4,976 Forumite
    Options
    Ha ha my memories are fond.... *now*... Wow - fame and fortune at 31 (well, 32 tomorrow but :shhh: ;):D ). Well at least it might help someone! The free legal helpline was helpful but nothing like the combined knowledge of you lot here on MSE :T (and the willfull spies, researchers, gofers, telephone callers etc etc!)
    MFW #185
    Mortgage slowly being offset! £86,987 /58,742 virtual balance
    Original mortgage free date 2037/ Now Nov 2034 and counting :T
    YNAB lover :D
  • clutton_2
    clutton_2 Posts: 11,149 Forumite
    Options
    hello EL !! happy burping day for tomorrow !!!!

you will have no idea how many times we refer others to the now very famous "EL thread" - your journey has helped many many other tenants .......

how is the new business going ?
  • EagerLearner
    Options
    Hi Cgreat to hear from you - I'm doing well thanks! Yeah another Birthday Friday the 4th but hey, it happens to the best of us - couple of days hangover though as another friend had hers last night too!

Business is going well, although it's an evening / weekend thing now since my full time job started in January (one of my clients twisted my arm to go to them full time). Still have 4 clients of my own though which keeps me busy buy pays for the pension I started in January - v grown up!

Did you have any news re that situation you were battling?
    MFW #185
  • pickles110564
    pickles110564 Posts: 2,374 Forumite
    Options
    Sue answered you question on that other thread
  • clutton_2
    Options
    EL - i took them to court, and they wanted to bring 7 witnesses to the small claims court to give evidence against me !!!! - they brought 3 - none of whom the judge called !!!!!! what a load of plonkers Rodney ! it finally ended with me not paying them for the bullying experience - but paying for 1/3rd of another experience - total £90 = but it cost them £1000 to get it !!!!!!!!!!
  • SingleSue
    SingleSue Posts: 11,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Blimey!!

I have spent since yesterday evening reading the entire thread!

What a rollercoaster but it was good to see you finally got closure....and also learnt a lot plus helped lots of other people in a similar situation.
    We made it! All three boys have graduated, it's been hard work but it shows there is a possibility of a chance of normal (ish) life after a diagnosis (or two) of ASD. It's not been the easiest route but I am so glad I ignored everything and everyone and did my own therapies with them.
    Eldests' EDS diagnosis 4.5.10, mine 13.1.11 eekk - now having fun and games as a wheelchair user.
  • EagerLearner
    Options
    Hey Clutton - lots of stress for you but an experience for them - we both did it for justice, and that's what the other party learnt eh... hopefully!

SingleSue - many thanks, it was indeed a rollercoaster, not one I am keen to repeat, unless, the dvd rental company MyMovieStream don't get their act together - but that's a whole 'nother (ongoing) thread...
    MFW #185
  • jennynoo
    jennynoo Posts: 1,516 Forumite
    Options
    I went to court yesterday to finally settle the dispute over my ex-landladies sofa and I won :) The landlady didn't have enough evidence to convince the judge of the state of the sofa when we started our tenancy nor did she have proof of it's value then or now so the judge awarded in our favour. I got everything - the money she withheld from our deposit, all costs I paid to go to court and interest at 8%. And because at the last hearing the judge ordered her to pay the disputed amount to the court (otherwise we would not go to trial) the money is just waiting to be paid to me :T

:beer: Thanks soo much to everyone on here who gave advice, and EagerLearner who started the thread - without that I would never have taken it all the way. I can't thank you all enough.
    :heart:Mum to DD born Oct 2009 :heart:
    :j DS born April 2013 :j
    Breastfeeding peer supporter with the breastfeeding network. National breastfeeding helpline 0300 100 0212.
    :question: Ask me if you have any baby feeding questions :question:
  • clutton_2
    Options
    Brilliant result !!!!!!!!

power to the forums !!!!
  • EagerLearner
    Options
    jennynoo wrote: »
    I went to court yesterday to finally settle the dispute over my ex-landladies sofa and I won :)

:beer: Thanks soo much to everyone on here who gave advice, and EagerLearner who started the thread - without that I would never have taken it all the way. I can't thank you all enough.

Brilliant Jenny!!!! Wow, that makes this here thread so worthwhile - that I somehow indirectly helped and what we went through gave you some inspiration to tackle her :T Landlords beware - we will not stand for it! :T
    MFW #185
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business