Avoid First Direct - They are gonna charge all customers £10!

Options

Comments

• nollag2006
    nollag2006 Posts: 2,638 Forumite
    Options
    moneymode wrote:
    I have to totally disagree with you here. I work at FD and every rep you speak to are there to do the best the can and to help the customer.

99% of the time they do.

However, on this occassion, they let me down badly.
    moneymode wrote:
    Of course sounds as if you go on the phone with an atitude and that does not help anybody.

Interesting.

What grounds do you have for saying that?

FD offered a few soothing words, but no assistance in terms of identifying where money was withdrawn from my account, despite my very polite persistant phone calls to them. I needed this in order to file a police report.

I am the victim here, and FD have done nothing meaningful to help me out.

:mad:

With the result that we are now in court - the entire process, after they have paid for the Ombudsman complaint as well as their high paid lawyers will cost them far in excess of the amount that I was done out of.

Even if I lose on the day, which I don't think I will, at least I will have the satisfaction of knowing that will have mightily annoyed them and cost them a small fortune.

I've just opened a bank account with A&L too (better rates, lower charges), so will move to that once the case is decided.

The Daily Telegraph have expressed an interest in the case, as well, so hopefuly FD will get a nice slew of (yet more) adverse publicity from this !!

:rotfl:
  • CopperPlate_2
    Options
    nollag2006 wrote:
    I've just opened a bank account with A&L too (better rates, lower charges), so will move to that once the case is decided.

Better rates, lower charges...

0870/0845 numbers..."press 1 for...", dreadful messaging facility, worse customer service. Enjoy! :D
  • derrick
    derrick Posts: 7,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options

I think I am definitely 'earning' my £50 referral fee in call costs and time taken to get the account set up.

Why are you paying so much in call costs? are you using their 0845 number? use 01132345678 instead, if you have "free" minutes it cost "nothing", or by using 1899 it only costs 4p per call.
    Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• CopperPlate_2
    Options
    I think Miss Behaving was referring to Alliance & Leicester, not fd.
  • Miss_Behaving
    Options

Yes - thank you CopperPlate, I was! :D
    It's better to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
  • derrick
    derrick Posts: 7,424 Forumite
    Options

Whoops, I didn't read the "quote"
    Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• CopperPlate_2
    Options
    I just received my chequebook holder from fd. I can't believe they are sending out holders made from real leather, in silver space-age jiffy bags.

Makes my scabby holder from RBS look positively hideous.
  • chris73
    chris73 Posts: 364 Forumite
    Options
    I got the letter today, and they'll get one on monday cancelling my account.

I don't even earn £1500 a month to put in there, so I couldn't stay with them even if I wanted too. I guess that FD are forming some sort of elite community where only the high earners can bank with them, certainly single people earning just above minimum wage are no longer going to be welcome!. Oh and for the record my FD account has never once been overdrawn so I wouldn't consider myself a drain on their resources either ;) .

Personally I think FD should be paying me £10 / month just for recycling all of their mailings ;) .
  • peter999
    peter999 Posts: 7,097 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    moneymode wrote:
    I have to totally disagree with you here. I work at FD and every rep you speak to are there to do the best the can and to help the customer.

Of course sounds as if you go on the phone with an atitude and that does not help anybody.
    Are you being paid to answer these queries ??
  • Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,154 Forumite
    Options
    nearlyrich wrote:
    They once called me to alert me to an unusual request for funds from my account....
    Yes they once rang us to ask if our cc was in our possession after a transaction abroad (it was us on holiday using it). My friend a manager for one of the big high street banks could not believe this level of service.

We have had a letter saying neither of us will pay, despite my account not being used very often, this is because of the joint link to DH account into which his salary goes in.

I can't say I'm happy that FD has introduced this charge,(even though we don't have to pay it) but I was unhappy with so many banks before I found them, that I am reluctant to change.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure