Avoid First Direct - They are gonna charge all customers £10!

Options

Comments

• fallen121
    Options
    nollag2006 wrote:
    As I say, if you want a chirpy chatty person who will extend your overdraft in a heartbeat, then FD is for you.

Interesting reason for staying, given the previous post! :rotfl: :rotfl:
  • CopperPlate_2
    Options
    And which bank will just say "here, have our cash. Charge? Oh, no, it's free!" I'd rather speak to someone friendly than get a lecture from some 'customer service' rep at another bank if I was overdrawn.
  • CopperPlate_2
    Options
    mrcow wrote:
    :rolleyes: In the good old days the customer was always right.

And that is what has bred the environment of 'me first, I have rights'. There has to be an element of commonsense and politeness.
  • mrcow
    mrcow Posts: 15,170 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    And that is what has bred the environment of 'me first, I have rights'.

Are you still talking about banking?

Derrr....

....of course the customer comes first and yes they do have rights!
    "One day I realised that when you are lying in your grave, it's no good saying, "I was too shy, too frightened."
    Because by then you've blown your chances. That's it."
  • CopperPlate_2
    Options
    Yes :rolleyes2. Your post, if I'm not reading too much into it (or perhaps it was just intended to be a statement?), "In the good old days the customer was always right" - and, what, they aren't always right now? Everyone who feels slighted or hard-done-to (when, in actual fact they probably haven't had it as good since the halcyon 'good old days') picks up the 'phone and expects - sorry, demands - instant redress no matter what the triviality they are phoning to complain about. Yes, I am aware that customers come first and they do have 'rights' okay, so don't try and take the p**s.
  • mrcow
    Options
    Yes :rolleyes2. Your post, if I'm not reading too much into it (or perhaps it was just intended to be a statement?), "In the good old days the customer was always right" - and, what, they aren't always right now? Everyone who feels slighted or hard-done-to (when, in actual fact they probably haven't had it as good since the halcyon 'good old days') picks up the 'phone and expects - sorry, demands - instant redress no matter what the triviality they are phoning to complain about. Yes, I am aware that customers come first and they do have 'rights' okay, so don't try and take the p**s.
    Who's taking the !!!!? Your post implied that customers are wrong to state that they have rights? :confused: I'm glad that you have now corrected yourself.

And who's to say whether a customer's problem is "trivial" or not?
    "One day I realised that when you are lying in your grave, it's no good saying, "I was too shy, too frightened."
  • CopperPlate_2
    Options
    I think you'll find that my post wasn't implying that customers are wrong to state they have rights. Just that some customers think they have 'rights' when in actual fact they have nothing of the sort, but because organisations are keen/desperate to keep them 'on side' they bend over backwards and relent, thus giving the customer the impression they have a 'right' to whatever demand they made. How can I have corrected myself when I have not written anything incorrect?

Who's to say whether a problem is trivial? The person dealing with the rubbish on the other end of the phone. Organisations are not put on this earth to attend to the whims and fancies of attention seekers because, believe it or not, not everyone who has a complaint is genuine. Can you believe this?!

I have had a particularly bad day - this isn't going to get any better tonight I have to say, so I'm going to call it a day and go to my bed. Hopefully get up tomorrow in a better mood...:(
  • mrcow
    Options

I have had a particularly bad day

It'll be Friday in 1 1/2 hours! How can it not get better ;)
  • sofa_surfer
    Options
    mrcow wrote:
    It'll be Friday in 1 1/2 hours! How can it not get better ;)
    ...singing 'if i could turn back time' and someone granting her wish.
    iaye carramba!
  • nearlyrich
    nearlyrich Posts: 13,698 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Hung up my suit!
    Options
    I have 3 x monthly salary O/D facility with FD and they are not changing current arangements, it costs pennies to go O/D, I have never had a bad CS experience with them and I'm staying.

I know people who pay £10 or more a month for premium accounts the benefits of which are of no value to them, I would pay £10 if I had to to FD for my current account because I think it's worth it for great CS and a friendly voice 24/7 if required. The internet banking plus is second to none and text messages appear to alert me of any significant events in my account.
    Free impartial debt advice from: National Debtline or Stepchange[/CENTER]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport