Lakeland Limited

Fantastic customer service. When my order was wrong recently, lakeland replaced my order for free and told me to keep the mistaken order as a goodwill gesture.

Can' t praise them enough

Comments

• VickyA_2
    VickyA_2 Posts: 4,533 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    The staff in the Lakeland shop in Cambridge are absolutely super. They can't do enough for you.
    Sealed Pot Challenge #021 #8 975.71 #9 £881.44 #10 £961.13 #11 £782.13 #12 £741.83 #13 £2135.22 #14 £895.53 #15 £1240.40 #16 £1805.87 declared
  • Nile
    Nile Posts: 14,930 Ambassador
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I've had excellent service in the York branch of Lakeland.

It's the only time I've ever been asked by a shop assistant whether I want to leave my shopping with them for safe keeping while I do the rest of my shopping.

They offer this service every time I go in, it might be because I usually buy a big quantity of stuff. ;D

Anyway, they attach a raffle ticket to your till receipt and one to your bag(s) of stuff. Then they tell you not to stand in the queue when your return to collect your shopping. You go to the front of the queue to be served immediately. Excellent service and lots of gadgets for the home and garden too.

I am not connected to this company, just a satisfied customer. ;)
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the 'I wanna' and 'In my home' and Health & Beauty'' boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. :j :cool2: I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,014 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I just WISH they'd open a store in Bristol!
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • celticsprite
    celticsprite Posts: 356 Forumite
    hi,

I'd just like to say I find lakeland fantastic as well. last order included some mugs which had the most awkward small handles ever. when I phoned to ask about returning them, they refunded and told me to give the mugs to charity.. gave them to a married mature student (who had no cash, so it was the same thing in my opinion) :D

cs
  • Savvy_Sue
    Maybe I should phone them up and ask about a reduced postage rate for mini orders. Whenever I'm near one of their stores I browse and buy a few things, but it takes me a long time to make it worthwhile to send off for mail order.

But right now I do want a few more Wash Up Wizzes. I'm positive they'd be ideal for cleaning as well as washing up. I'm sure they're the answer to the grotty mugs at work. But the postage on them will be minimal, and I'm too mean to pay the full £3.50 or whatever just for them ...
  • Plumpud_3
    Plumpud_3 Posts: 132 Forumite
    I have been using Lakeland for many years. Their Customer Service in excellent, it is something they pride themselves on. I buy by mail order and internet, but like to make a yearly trip to their shop in Cardiff (hour and a half each way). Wish they would open one in Stroud!! or failing that, Cheltenham or Gloucester. I would say Bristol, but Lakeland like town centre stores and Bristol is so anti-car, there are 4 of us (5 if you include my Mum - who walks with a stick), including a one year old and a six year old. Buses along with the shopping and pushchair, nappies etc. just don't go.

They bend over backwards to help. I ordered a wooden kitchen roll holder. I phoned up to ask about sending it back for a replacement as the wood on the pole wasn't flat meaning it had a slight list from 90 degrees upright. They said if it was good enough to donate it to charity, if not, throw it away. They sent me another free of charge.

In the shop, they always ask if there is anything I wanted but couldn't see, even at Christmas when they are really busy, and will try to find out if they have it but it's not out, or they have sold out and if they are having any more in. They always ask if I want to leave what I've bought and pick it up later.

The goods they sell are always tested by the staff before they sell them, so you know what they sell does what it should.

I don't like shopping very much (not a typical female!!!) as I find negotiating most shops with a pushchair some kind of agility test (I often think if I can't get around the shop with a pushchair, how would anyone manage in a wheelchair?) But I can honestly say that I look forward to going to Lakeland.

They also have a clearance section in the shop where they sell off ends of lines and damaged returned stock. The damaged stock is usually because the box is damaged, or it without its box or bag. It is usually half price or less. The damaged stock is always clearly marked with whatever the damage is too.

With regards to paying postage on small orders, pass the catalogue around at work, college, friends, family etc. Have done this several times to make a big enough order for free p & p.

Martin, if you ever do a feature on customer service, Lakeland has to be the company that other businesses should compare themselves to. I know alot of people who use them and not one has any criticism. I would be very surprised if you got any negative response about them.

Incidentally, their telephone ordering department acts as one of the call centres for Children in Need, for which they also sell a number of fund-raising items.

I have absolutely no connection with them at all other than being a very satisfied customer. :D:D:D
  • Savvy_Sue
    I would say Bristol, but Lakeland like town centre stores and Bristol is so anti-car,
    I hadn't realised that: kept wondering why on earth there wasn't a branch at that abominable Cribbs Causeway.
    With regards to paying postage on small orders, pass the catalogue around at work, college, friends, family etc. Have done this several times to make a big enough order for free p & p.
    Do you know, I never thought of that! Which is daft, because I have ordered stuff from their catalogue for work before now, and I passed one catalogue on to a colleague who was complaining about ants and I knew (before the topic was raised on this site) that they had something for ants in the latest catalogue.

I also have a £3 off voucher so was thinking of ordering lots of Wash Up Wizzes with that!
  • VickyA_2
    VickyA_2 Posts: 4,533 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I know that this probably isn't the best place to put this, but I was most upset when I found out - Michelle, the Customer Director at Lakeland, has died. The obitiary on the Lakeland website [url][/url]www.lakelandlimited.co.uk[url][/url] is amazing. She would never sell anything without trying it out herself and she sounds like an incredibly strong willed lady. All the comments in the catalogues that she put in made you want to buy stuff because it was personal reccommendation. She sounds like a wonderful woman.
    Sealed Pot Challenge #021 #8 975.71 #9 £881.44 #10 £961.13 #11 £782.13 #12 £741.83 #13 £2135.22 #14 £895.53 #15 £1240.40 #16 £1805.87 declared
  • Savvy_Sue
    I was also sad to hear about Michele, even though I didn't always know what she'd seen in particular products.

Let's hope their customer service continues to be maintained. With the last order I placed there was a little questionnaire on which you could say if you'd ever not been happy with anything you'd ordered. I said that we'd found the high-tech oven gloves difficult to use - we've had them at work for about a year, I guess, and they are very heat resistant but you have to consciously grip things with them - and they refunded the purchase price! They were not cheap so it was very welcome.
  • pedro3uk
    pedro3uk Posts: 28 Forumite
    ;)Its well worth a trip to the main store in Windermere. It has just been modernised (previous one was ok). They have the full range of goods and more besides together with a brilliant cafe. Trouble is it can get very expensive as you end up buying lots of things you did not know you needed. It is also right next door to a Booths supermarket - probably one of the best supermarkets in the country, particularly if you like traditional products such as original Cumberland sausage, Beacon Fell Lancashire Cheese, Pennine Way preserves, Bells of Lazonby bread and cakes.

Both worth a visit.
    Nice to save.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family