Options

Comments

• 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    casper1976 wrote: »
    Hi,

I am thinking of booking Enjoy Car hire but the reviews on here seem to be of a mixed bag. They seem a lot cheaper than other companies for peak season but I am worried there might be a reason for that?.

Can anyone offer any cheap alternatives?

Thanks

Where for?
  • ticker_ch
    Options
    I am about to book with them also but need to get some feedback.

Please if you have a few mins, post your car rental experience with them. Also which company did they allocate you? Was it someone reputable like avis or hertz?

I am just worried that they are not legit.

Thanks
  • melb
    melb Posts: 2,878 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hi there - don't forget this was a couple of years agonow but they put us with malagacar. the car we were given was dangerous and we had to insist on getting another one but wouldn't hold enjoycarhire responsible for this. Look them up on the review centre to get more up to date reviews and remember it is the actual company they put you with that will determine your terms and conditions. unfortunately i think you have to pay a deposit to find this out but i would try emailing them first to find out who it would be. I seem to remember i never got an answer when i tried ringing them but again this is a while ago.
  • ticker_ch
    Options
    Thank you so much for taking time out to write Melb. I don't think I will book through them.
  • Gkspain
    Options
    We booked with enjoy car hire and had no probs. when we came to pay with hertz who provided the car, it was more than was agreed with enjoy. We were told nothing would be charged as was a clerical error. Of course they charged it. Initially we got emails saying it was being dealt with, now nothing at all and they can't even be bothered to respond. It's 93 euros which I really think is worth the effort to get it back.

Any advice for how to get hold of the robbing !!!!!!s?

Thanks
  • gilesk
    gilesk Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    shogilhasa wrote: »
    The name couldn´t be further from the truth. Cheap yes......but then when you arrive at the airport and are delivered a 100000 mile accident damaged car without mot test, etc......it should be......refused to accept it....Enjoy wouldn´t reply to emergency numbers.....no refund...left up sh...t creek in the airport.............Enjoy won´t respond to emails or forward booking fees......................you have been warned

I am currently trying to reclaim money that was overcharged by their partner in France after 4 months, after numerous promises that this would be rectified I have not heard from them. This type of contempt for customers is completely unsatisfactory. do not use them!!!
  • willinwales
    Options
    Hire rates ARE good...as is fuel policy ( return car as you got it!)
    BUT they quote you in pounds....and Euros....they take about an 8% deposit in pounds and you pay the rest in Euros on arrival...so far so good....then you see that the Euro rate for your pounds is WAY in excess of the going rate by about 10%......
    e.g...you owe them GBP 200.00 but the payment required in Euros is around E240.00....going rate as of August 2013 would be approx E221.00
  • colmax
    colmax Posts: 37 Forumite
    edited 19 March 2015 at 1:21PM
    Options
    I booked a car with Enjoycarhire a couple of weeks ago and was happy with the price and deal.

Recently ANA the Portuguese airports authority have started imposing a €15 charge to get the hire cars at the airport car-park. As it isn't the car-hire companies fault I didn't have a problem with that, until I noticed that I would be charged €18 by the local provider for this service.

I emailed Enjoycarhire to ask about the extra €3, and mentioned also that I was worried that there was no mention of the electronic toll transponder charges anywhere on the voucher. (This is something that each local company deals with in different ways and can be quite expensive depending on the company.) In addition I said I was concerned as I didn't want to have to face underhanded tactics to get more money out of me while I was trapped at the airport with no option but to accept the car or not be able to travel.

This is the reply they sent me:
    "Thank you for the email.

I am surprised at your email and the thought that the local supplier is in any position to "employ" tactics to take more money from you when you are "trapped at the airport"

The reason they charge €18 is because they are not sure if the €15 fee will be inclusive of tax or not, this is to make sure that they are on the safe side. If you wish to cancel your reservation then I can do this.

Rgds

[TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM]"

Firstly, his tone is very condescending "I am surprised at your email"... Second, IMHO he lied when he said it was for VAT. In Portugal the VAT, known locally as IVA, is 23% so if it was really the case, they would have charged €18.50 not €18.

Obviously I have cancelled the booking. If this is how they reply to a reasonable request for reassurance, then I wonder how they will answer if I have a problem at the destination. :(

REPLY ON BEHALF OF ENJOY CAR HIRE:

"Enjoy Car Hire would like to make readers aware that we have a very strict policy when working with car rental providers in each country and insist on clear and transparant pricing and a fair fuel policy on all rentals. Having investigated further the claim of "colmax" we can confirm that the local ANA charge levied by the airport at Lisbon is actually €14.63 + IVA making the €18 quoted on the terms and conditions supplied correct."
  • Marcathy43
    Options
    I was in Vaughan, Toronto few months ago and I followed a friend's suggestion to rent a car from a particular company (name withheld). The price was very low compared to others i visited earlier. Everything went well, until when i returned the car and was billed extraordinarily because of a scratch on the side mirror. When i added everything up, it was more than what i would have used for the other companies. I guess my mistake was that i didn't check all parts of the car before using it.
  • Marcathy43
    Options
    And also there is an App (Car Rentals Market App) you should consider using to pick any good car company (over 25 of them). it's quite easy to use and navigate and they also provide quick support. I have used it quite a couple of times now.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure