enjoy car hire - anyone used them?

Options

Comments

• shaztheadmin
    Options
    Can anyone tell me if the car hire was good with Enjoy? Have booked for June 2011 and want to know if they try and get you with hidden extras. Have already got yearly excess insurance for the car but have ordered an child seat. Was the car clean and without bumps and scrapes?
  • melb
    melb Posts: 2,878 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    it will depend where you're flying to and which provider they use there. you could email enjoy and ask them which provider they use where you are going and then have a look at that company's terms and conditions before you go ahead as with Enjoy we had to pay a booking fee
  • aallssuu
    Options
    So, Has anyone used them? I have booked with enjoy car hire for Christmas. Any reviews at all?
  • d1463law
    Options
    Used them last April at Faro...very slick operation.....free upgrade to much better car (It helps being an old fogey!)...various staff members couldn't be more helpful and all speak perfect English. Just about to re-book for a return visit this year...much cheaper than the main competition and wasn't stung the usual outrageous amount for the teaspoonful of fuel other car hire firms seem to be able to squeeze into an already full tank on return as I have had done to me in the past. A pretty good bunch, all in all.
  • melb
    melb Posts: 2,878 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    which hire car company did they put you with in Portugal?
  • shogilhasa
    Options
    The name couldn´t be further from the truth. Cheap yes......but then when you arrive at the airport and are delivered a 100000 mile accident damaged car without mot test, etc......it should be......refused to accept it....Enjoy wouldn´t reply to emergency numbers.....no refund...left up sh...t creek in the airport.............Enjoy won´t respond to emails or forward booking fees......................you have been warned
  • shogilhasa
    Options
    I was contacted by Enjoy as soon as the thread was posted by myself. Enjoy offered adequate compensation for the problems suffered, which was promptly paid on behalf of themselves and the car suppliers in Malaga.
  • dwdw1
    dwdw1 Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 17 April 2012 at 1:51PM
    Options
    I used Enjoy car hire early this April 2012 for a week. The hire company was sol-mar. I paid an online deposit which left me with approx 88 euros to pay. When we arrived at Alicante the emails had suggested that there was an office in the concourse, but in fact we had to wait in the bus bays - no signs to show us which one, and eventually a van arrived and took us to the office , approx 3 miles away. This was no big deal, but it would have been as well to have known this up font.
    The assistant gave us our hire documents, which, when he had added the additional driver (30 euros) which we had expected, plus additional taxes, plus an additional excess of 50 euros, plus an additional 70 euros for the full tank of petrol, came out at 270 euros !!!!!!!! At the sight of my shocked expression the assistant kindly took off the additional driver fee and we were left with a bill of 247 euros. If you take off the 70 euros fro petrol, which luckily we used, then my anticipated 88 euros bill turned into 174 !!
    The car was a high mileage Seat, with very dodgy central-locking which failed to operate the boot mechanism! (not good with three suitcases).
    Needless to say, I won't be using Enjoy and definitely not sol - mar again.
  • lola_blsk
    Options
    Enjoy car hire? PAH!!!!
    Lumped with a massive bill at the airport- Card machine wouldnt work! (three cards tried ALL with money available) had to pay english cash and convert it.
    Then given a 100k mileage car- with a slipping clutch- dents & scrapes all over it!

Cost breakdown- (recieved by company at booking time)

Total cost of Rental: £96.69 (excluding any local extras- no way to find out what these extras are)
    Deposit paid on confirmation of hire: £30.88
    Remainder to pay on arrival: £ 65.81 € 77.00

Then when we picked the car up we were charged as below

7 days hire - €77
    Fuel - €95
    After hours pick up (11pm at night) €20

Now to add on this car is a 1.3 diesel- and it costs €95 to fill up???? I have a 2.5 litre petrol and it doesnt cost that much to fill up at HIGHER petrol prices???
    We only used to car once due to worrying that we were going to breakdown or kill ourselves with how dangerous the car was to drive! So would of at least expected to be refund at least a third of the fuel charges.

Would Never ever reccommend this company due to hidden charges!!!
  • casper1976
    Options
    Hi,

I am thinking of booking Enjoy Car hire but the reviews on here seem to be of a mixed bag. They seem a lot cheaper than other companies for peak season but I am worried there might be a reason for that?.

Can anyone offer any cheap alternatives?

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport