February 2010 Grocery Challenge - Page 62

New Post Advanced Search

February 2010 Grocery Challenge

edited 29 January 2010 at 10:34AM in Old Style MoneySaving
1.2K replies 75K views

Replies

• Maisie_MMaisie_M Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Had two spends this week. Had my online delivery from Tesco on Tuesday night which came to £22.28. Then I popped into M&S for the Valentines meal (I am not counting that as that is part of our entertainment budget as we are not going out) but I bought a few extras so that's another £6.16. Total for this week so far is £31.39 so under my budget again as of today.

Don't think I need anything else this week so fingers crossed. Had 3 NSD so far this week and should manage another two over the weekend.

• I have updated sig had a shop at weekend but we had visitors so a bit more okay a lot more than we planned to spend.
    Got a sack pots yesterday 5.00
    made a weekly menu planner so lets see shopping tomorrow max 20.00
    But also our 1st anniversary Sunday so need things for romantic picnic hubby presenting me with diamand eternity ring and going down on one knee at our castle.
    So if I stick to shopping list this is doable.
    Good luck everyone:D
    Weight loss challenge 66lb to go /59lb's lost

Grocery Budget January £150/£175
    Feb £150/
  • a nsd for me today and it feels so much more angelic as its payday lol x
    may groc challenge £167/£280...
  • I would hate to take to take credit where it's not due it was actually peetzil39who posted the recipe and it sounds great will definitely be using it in the future.
    Was looking for a vanilla or plain butter frosting though so i could use food coloring to turn it red for Sunday if anyone else has any ideas.
    In fact could i just adapt that recipe and just drop out the coffee??
    Grocery challenge Jan 270.27/200:eek:

Total debt 04/01/2011 £2671.23:eek:
  • nicki_2nicki_2 Forumite
    7.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh dear :o I went to do the shop and I've spent another £31.04 which takes my total to £118.74/£120:eek: I have got everything I need though for the rest of the month in theory ;) Now its just a case of not going to the shops :rotfl:
    Creeping back in for accountability after falling off the wagon in 2016.
    Need to get back to old style in modern ways, watching the pennies and getting stuff done!
  • nsd today, spends in tesco and lidl day before, signature updated. £4.50 a day max spend to stay on budget..
    nov grocery challenge, £.227.69/300, 9/25 nsd: , 7 Cmo, 10 egm.
    Me, 10 yo dd, and the dog. all food and drinks, in and out, plus household shopping.
  • Hello everyone
    I've updated my siggy and need to do a big store cupboard shop tomorrow as we are running out of everything!!! So I'll be going to L!dl's to get most of it. Also need to buy DH a little something for Valentine Day - no idea what so hoping to be inspired when I shop.

Keep up the good work everyone - although Feb is only 4 weeks it always seems to me to be the longest month of the year
    Helen x
    Projects made for craft fair - 40 :)
    1st fair on 13/4/14 :j
  • Evening all,

had a few spends today in Mr A, i cant help whoopsie shopping:o

i got-

a valentines mug for dh £1
    pasta and chicken x 2 £1.06
    kinder bueno choccie things for dd £1.05
    easter egg for me:o £1
    4 x tins hotdogs £2 (on offer, 96p each or 4 for £2-Ye Olde Oak)
    3 x packets of crumpets 42p
    loaf 56p
    gift bag 50p
    local paper 57p

that looks like it on receipt-£6.66 on ACTUAL grocery spends that i count.

I cant believe how many shops ive been in this week, too many days off have done it, back in work tommorow but then off again for three days! Hope i can reign myself in!

Oops, forgot dh bringing milk home but we have a couple of healthy start vouchers to use up so they should cover it.

Off for a nice bath and an early night before my almost 14 hr shift tommorow:(

Night all x
  • BotanyBotany Forumite
    244 posts
    Good Evening everyone! I know I'm not part of the challenge this month (have been away with the hubby) but I wanted to pop in and congratulate all of you. Keep it up, you're almost half-way through the month!

And see you all on the March GC :beer:
  • £8 spent on milk today as milkman showed up!
    Sealed pot member 735
    Frugal Living Challenge 2011
    GC 2011 404.92/2400