We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 10

1…847848850852853…1183

Comments

  • SusanC_2
    SusanC_2 Posts: 5,344 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    SugarSpun wrote: »
    I'm currently watching OBEM from the other night and feeling terribly unsympathetic for the woman who's yelling all over the place. I'm probably a horrible person.
    I didn't feel very sympathetic either - it was the way she was whining and stropping like a child. I did feel sorry for the diabetic lady though - I would've been narked if I'd been her.
    Any question, comment or opinion is not intended to be criticism of anyone else.
    2 Samuel 12:23 Romans 8:28 Psalm 30:5
    "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die"
  • Mazcabs
    Mazcabs Posts: 2,108 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    BeenieCat wrote: »
    Child Trust Fund - I was just going to put Amber's in Yorkshire building society as that's where DS's is and it seems they still have one of the best interest rates.

    Is there an MSE reason why i should be putting it into the one you're all using? Engage Mutual? I thought that was a shares one that you could lose it all?

    Henrys is in YBS as well... I was just going to put Williams in there as well automatically...
    Mum to 2 lovely boys who keep me busy.
  • Sami_Bee
    Sami_Bee Posts: 14,555 Forumite
    Glamazon wrote: »
    Of course, let me know when :)

    I've just walked up there because OH saw SS's post & wanted to look at boys toys but I wasn't really paying much attention to what was there.
    ...
    Did you see anything saying when it's closing or reduced stuff?
    I've got a £10 off WYS £60 for ikea too, but I spent £50 about 2 weeks ago, they do it on purpose I swear!

    Anyone know/think it would be easy to make my own sheep skin liner for the pram?
    a sheepskin in ikea is £23 but a ss pram liner is about £40 to buy :eek: could I just cut it out and give it a bit of a shave do you think?
    The very best is sometimes what nature gives us for free.
    3onitsway wrote: »
    I think Sami is right, as always!
  • Glamazon
    Glamazon Posts: 8,401 Forumite
    SusanC wrote: »
    I didn't feel very sympathetic either - it was the way she was whining and stropping like a child. I did feel sorry for the diabetic lady though - I would've been narked if I'd been her.

    that girl was ridiculous! Her poor OH and mum - I would have left her to it!
    I turned it off after 20minutes but imagine putting up with that for hours on end!

    BM - I'm still waiting for all those pics to load in another window! The ones I can so are super cute!
    A very busy Yummy Mummy to a 1 year old gorgeous boy :smileyhea

    Where does the time go? :think:
  • SusanC wrote: »
    I didn't feel very sympathetic either - it was the way she was whining and stropping like a child. I did feel sorry for the diabetic lady though - I would've been narked if I'd been her.

    I'm even more mean cos I didn't feel that sorry for the diabetic lady, either! I was in her position but there was no bed for me so I was stuck on the induction ward for two days, and overnight! The cleaner cleaned around me! At least she got her own room.

    Plus she was kicking off about lunch, but she had food in her bag she could have eaten. See, I am mean!

    Mmmm, I have carrot cake baking. I just need to make some cream cheese frosting (sorry Weezl, that's not a very frugal topping for the carrot cake, is it).
    :DYummy mummy, runner, baker and procrastinator :p
  • SusanC_2
    SusanC_2 Posts: 5,344 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Sami_Bee wrote: »
    Anyone know/think it would be easy to make my own sheep skin liner for the pram? a sheepskin in ikea is £23 but a ss pram liner is about £40 to buy :eek: could I just cut it out and give it a bit of a shave do you think?
    What is it for? Do they lie on it or does it get wrapped round them?
    Any question, comment or opinion is not intended to be criticism of anyone else.
    2 Samuel 12:23 Romans 8:28 Psalm 30:5
    "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die"
  • Glamazon
    Glamazon Posts: 8,401 Forumite
    Sami_Bee wrote: »
    Did you see anything saying when it's closing or reduced stuff?
    I've got a £10 off WYS £60 for ikea too, but I spent £50 about 2 weeks ago, they do it on purpose I swear!

    Anyone know/think it would be easy to make my own sheep skin liner for the pram? a sheepskin in ikea is £23 but a ss pram liner is about £40 to buy :eek: could I just cut it out and give it a bit of a shave do you think?

    No I didn't see any signs but I wasn't really looking. :o

    I too got those vouchers but binned them! Far too tempting plus I spilt something on them.

    Yeah you probably could - we'll have a look Monday x
    A very busy Yummy Mummy to a 1 year old gorgeous boy :smileyhea

    Where does the time go? :think:
  • tiamai_d
    tiamai_d Posts: 11,987 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    I remember my midwife with DS1 telling me that screaming and moaning would just tire me out and make things take longer, so I didn't scream for that reason!
  • SusanC_2
    SusanC_2 Posts: 5,344 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    I'm even more mean cos I didn't feel that sorry for the diabetic lady, either! I was in her position but there was no bed for me so I was stuck on the induction ward for two days, and overnight! The cleaner cleaned around me! At least she got her own room.

    Plus she was kicking off about lunch, but she had food in her bag she could have eaten. See, I am mean!
    But how much food did she have? And part of the reason she was so narky was probably to do with having low blood sugar due to having done her insulin on the basis of what they told her.
    Any question, comment or opinion is not intended to be criticism of anyone else.
    2 Samuel 12:23 Romans 8:28 Psalm 30:5
    "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die"
  • Glamazon
    Glamazon Posts: 8,401 Forumite
    tiamai_d wrote: »
    I remember my midwife with DS1 telling me that screaming and moaning would just tire me out and make things take longer, so I didn't scream for that reason!

    Yeah I was told that if I was screaming or moaning then I wasn't putting all my energy into pushing! I was the quietest person in the delivery suites :rotfl:(makes a change)
    A very busy Yummy Mummy to a 1 year old gorgeous boy :smileyhea

    Where does the time go? :think:
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.