We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
MSE Parents Club Part 10
Comments
-
My problem was I used to see money in my account and think I had it to spend and forgot about the bills!Proud to be dealing with my debts
DD Katie born April 2007!
3 years 9 months and proud of it
dreams do come true (eventually!)0 -
Hi all, sorry, been missing for a few days - I actually had a real life :eek:anyone want a baby that just refuses to sleep?
it's been about 2 wks now of this and the only thing to shut him up is to shove a nipple in his mouth 
ALESS, just wanted to give you hope - David was like this until just over 2 weeks ago when he suddenly decided to start sleeping for 6-8 hours in a stretch
. He had a bit of a wobble earlier this week and woke up quite a few times but was back to 8 hours last night :cool:. Aless, my fairies were sent on their way this morning - sorry for the delay but things have been manic here and my car decided to break
. It is quite a big box and I sent it 2nd class :money: The one thing children wear out faster than shoes is parents
:D0 -
Thank you for your thoughts ladies!
I'm going to drag my sorry a$s off the sofa now and get us dressed, K's new Toby Tiger multicoloured wool suit came today so it will be getting an outing!
Have a good staurday everyone!0 -
I'm going to sell OH on ebay. The floors have all just been mopped. He came in, saw that they'd just been mopped, and walked the length of the apartment in dirty shoes.Organised Birthdays and Christmas: Spend So Far: £193.75; Saved from RRP £963.76
Three gifts left to buy0 -
Child Trust Fund - I was just going to put Amber's in Yorkshire building society as that's where DS's is and it seems they still have one of the best interest rates.
Is there an MSE reason why i should be putting it into the one you're all using? Engage Mutual? I thought that was a shares one that you could lose it all?0 -
We had the rule that everyone must act as if Ed wasn't here when they first arrived (aka make a fuss of Chris first) we didn't have to worry about how we then got on to Ed because Chris was so excited he'd say "Look I have a brother!!":D...
Mine did eff all and just made extra mess. Can you be sure they'll interact with both boys equally? I'm afraid Fergie won't understand.
Did they mention when it's closing? (do we think they'll be selling off stock for cheap)...
The Warrington store is closing for a refit so they're not getting any more stock in direct, but she said that Head Office could probably ship one direct to us or to the Babies R Us in Munich :j
...
Glam - do you fancy toys r us followed by ikea & hotdog?:D
:eek::mad::eek::mad: I'd tell them to bring their own sodding bedding then! cheeky fec kers!
the expectation is like this,
Us: cup of tea
them: yeah, and cake?
they wouldn't think of bringing anything, but when fergus was 2 weeks old they came for a weekend. His mum said on the phone to DH do I need to bring anything? (we later discovered this meant 'or are all my towels and bedding provided) so he said, ' a packet of biscuits?' and she laughed at him and said, 'no I meant are you providing my laundry'
I said that at this point I'd have been saying, 'well no, if you can't even bring a packet of biscuits!' but he is like your OH is in a hospital situation always giving the other person the benefit of the doubt and pretty non-confrontational.
:T:rotfl:I just want to set fire to them!
edit, sorry super grump this morning, another 3 hrs sleep night. I will make a fruit cake and smile and be nice, I will I promise

Hope you can get some sleep later xxx
csh- I worry that nutrients are lost in jars compared to fresh made, but not so much that I shun them, my laziness and disorganisation wins over the concern and I was jar happy with Chris and I'm sure Ed will have his fair share too
I loved the c&g older kids meal that comes in a tray; pork n apple dinner or something - nommy!0 -
Harley, blunt but totally correct

Weezlie, I'll send you my parents or IL's whom do you want? Both
were brilliant when Daniel was born, between them taking my washing, cooking us tea and doing the shopping for us, oh and walking Oscar too.
Oh my, I am jealous of your post-birth visitors! We had a couple bring cake, but no-one made tea, washed up or even offered!
My Clubcard gym membership has come through- a whole year's membership for £30 cash :money:. So chuffed as I really couldn't have afforded to pay for it normally!
Glam- my Engage Mutual paperwork only took a couple of days too. Has anyone who set up a DD had their Boots vouchers yet?:DYummy mummy, runner, baker and procrastinator
0 -
-
Child Trust Fund - I was just going to put Amber's in Yorkshire building society as that's where DS's is and it seems they still have one of the best interest rates.
Is there an MSE reason why i should be putting it into the one you're all using? Engage Mutual? I thought that was a shares one that you could lose it all?
Engage Mutual is a stakeholder fund, but as the market is relatively low at the moment and the investment is for 18 years, chances are the market will be higher by the time LO cashes it in, IMHO. The reason lots of folks on here went for the Engage one is that you get £50 on Quidco plus £20 of Boots vouchers if you set up a DD so that's quite a good return already on £250!:DYummy mummy, runner, baker and procrastinator
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards