We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 10

1…841842844846847…1183

Comments

  • csh wrote: »
    Slightly confused by PJ discussion. Are yous saying that Toby and Fergie wear baby grows/ sleepsuits in the daytime then go to bed in the same stuff?
    Or do they change into fresh sleepsuits for bed?

    If they are wearing actual clothes what do they wear to bed?

    Do I sound like an idiot?! I have my weekend head on clearly!

    If we are talking about pjs as in a 2 peice set, I don't have any either, thats more for toddlers is it not?

    Toby goes to bed in whatever he is wearing during the day if it is clean. He wears babygrows or rompers 95% of the time I don't like clothes on a baby.
    Stay-at-home, attached Mummy to a 23lb 10oz, 11 month old baby boy.
  • weezl74
    weezl74 Posts: 8,701 Forumite
    SJ have you tried ebay i got a pool liner for my regular birth pool in a box for £13 it is a bit hit and miss though as to when they appear. :-)
    It's for me Lolly, thanks for the tip :) I think I'll buy it from a proper place tho cos I get a bit worried about ebay delays :)

    :hello:Jonathan 'Fergie' Fergus William, born 05/03/09, 7lb 4.4oz:hello:
    :)Benjamin 'Kezzie' Kester Jacob, born 18/03/10, 7lb 5oz:)
    cash neutral gifts 2011, value of purchased gifts/actual paid/amount earnt to cover it £67/£3.60/£0
    january grocery challenge, feed 4 of us for £40
  • csh_2
    csh_2 Posts: 3,294 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Baby food in jars opinions please

    I was reading last night but too busy to join in. Can I just ask re the jars of baby food: What is it that people are against? Is the the cost? Or do people think they are not healthy?
    Is is not acceptable to feed baby on mainly jarred food? It is designed for them after all?

    I worry about K not getting a balanced diet if hes only eating steamed purree veg and fruit

    I'm not looking to start a debate or anything- I just wonder what people who don't use jars think when they see other parents buying them
    Lazy bint? or More money than sense?

    As you were
  • Mazcabs
    Mazcabs Posts: 2,108 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Sorry guys only just caught up...
    elle_gee wrote: »
    Maz, is your spreadsheet up to date? Is Boots cheapest/best for Pampers right now? I'm guessing so with the two Jumbo packs for £18 plus points, but you're the guru :D Thanks lots :)

    ETA: Nope, just realised Sainsburys is best.. and especially good for us as we have Sainsburys vouchers to spend ;)

    Sorry I didnt get back to you Elle..Its a bit of a toss up between all of them at the moment depending on how many nappies you are buying as all of them are doing 2 jumbo packs for £18 at the minute but Boots is 10 points per £1 spent if you spend over £20

    PS just seen you have Sainsburys vouchers.... if you sign up to the credit crunch website then you can get vouchers back for each £10 spend (although its only a £1 off Pampers)

    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=2223349&highlight=credit+crunch+brands
    pinkpig08 wrote: »
    We're planning on going to Monkey World, Adventure Wonderland, and the Abbotsbury swannery, tropical gardens and childrens farm. Have you been to any of those?

    We've been to Monkey World and loved it.
    Mum to 2 lovely boys who keep me busy.
  • CSH - I find baby jars too bland, and want LO to be happy eating a wide variety of tastes. If I was weaning with purees I'd probably use jars, but purees don't appeal to me at all.
    Stay-at-home, attached Mummy to a 23lb 10oz, 11 month old baby boy.
  • csh_2
    csh_2 Posts: 3,294 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    what is peoples plans today? x

    Going to buy this:
    http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductLargeImagePopup?storeId=10001&jsparm=true&imageName=161-9241389SPA73UC626685X.jpg&imageText=

    Then going to the Sainsburys across the road from argos for baby food, we're still in our jammies tho so I may not make it!
  • CSh - my main worry with jar food (other than cost) was that she has to get used to eating the food I make, as it isn't the same. I've been doing a mixture though - mostly home made, but jars if I'm being disorganised, or if she has turned her nose up at everything else then sometimes I try a jar. Sometimes she is just awkward ;)
    :heart:Isabella Molly born 14th January 2009:heart:
    New challenge for 2011 - saving up vouchers to pay for Chistmas!
    Amazon £48.61 Luncheon Vouchers £24
  • searching_me
    searching_me Posts: 18,414 Forumite
    looks like fun csh .. on the baby food .. reasons why people dont like jars range from cost to knowing whats in it .. jayden has both jars and our food .. i dont care really i just buy a months supply of food ranging from baby food to our food and make it last x
    :)Still searching .....:)
  • weezl74
    weezl74 Posts: 8,701 Forumite
    csh wrote: »
    I just wonder what people who don't use jars think when they see other parents buying them
    Lazy bint? or More money than sense?

    As you were

    I don't think either of those things. I think I don't want to use jars from a financial point of view, but I am off the scale thrifty/frugal/stingy when I don't really need to be. It's just my way :)

    If anything, I think 'go for it girl, it'll save you a faff!' when I'm tired. But sometimes I do find it fun making mushes and not mushes for Fergie.

    Does that make sense?

    xxx

    :hello:Jonathan 'Fergie' Fergus William, born 05/03/09, 7lb 4.4oz:hello:
    :)Benjamin 'Kezzie' Kester Jacob, born 18/03/10, 7lb 5oz:)
    cash neutral gifts 2011, value of purchased gifts/actual paid/amount earnt to cover it £67/£3.60/£0
    january grocery challenge, feed 4 of us for £40
  • csh_2
    csh_2 Posts: 3,294 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    CSH - I find baby jars too bland, and want LO to be happy eating a wide variety of tastes. If I was weaning with purees I'd probably use jars, but purees don't appeal to me at all.

    we're medical advice early weaned so have to have purees! I think some of the stuff is quite tasty! Am I strange that I won't give K anything I haven't tried myself?! We are both not fans of Grandpas Sunday Lunch from Heinz, too many peas ewwww!
    CSh - my main worry with jar food (other than cost) was that she has to get used to eating the food I make, as it isn't the same. I've been doing a mixture though - mostly home made, but jars if I'm being disorganised, or if she has turned her nose up at everything else then sometimes I try a jar. Sometimes she is just awkward ;)

    When hes older, he'll get what we are having, if its suitable obv, mashed or in his hand or whatever. We don't have a very small baby friendly diet tho, we're not a meat and 2 veg type family. We are all spicy and currys and pasta and stuff IYKWIM?
    I know he'll eat this eventually but its not first taste stuff is it?!
    looks like fun csh .. on the baby food .. reasons why people dont like jars range from cost to knowing whats in it .. jayden has both jars and our food .. i dont care really i just buy a months supply of food ranging from baby food to our food and make it last x


    Thats where I'd like to be when hes a bit bigger, HM if he can have it and jars if he can't.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.