We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 10

1…287288290292293…1183

Comments

  • jillie1974
    jillie1974 Posts: 6,997 Forumite
    Glamazon wrote: »
    My biggest thought when I saw the original post about instructions on a tin was 'How would the BF ladies on here feel if I suddenly turned around and said Well it's just a case of sticking the baby against your breast and getting on with it, I can't see why you need support if it's the most natural thing in the world!' (I DO NOT THINK THIS FOR ONE SECOND I AM MERELY USING IT AS AN EXAMPLE. I HAVE BF AND NOW HOW DIFFICULT IT CAN BE) :)
    I think unless you have tried something you don't understand how hard it is - in some cases BF and in Feelie's case FF.

    Feelie - I Know you have since apologised so I hope you aren't posting because you are busy and not because you are upset :)

    KFC wins everytime! BK has minging knobbly fries :p:cool:

    Reggae Reggae Sauce is hot (it says so on the bottle!) :p

    I put 4 chillis in my last chilli and it was very mild so it's definitely not my tastebuds!

    Tara - I am amazed that anything I post is useful to you when you are on Numebr 6!!! (I feel very proud!):)

    MDW - No problem! My OH came into town with me for sling meet but he b00gered off while I sat with the ladies! They spied him afterwards though!


    ok...i'll let you off with the chillies...... maybe mine have gotten more tolerant of spicy foods...

    and agree with your comment re the bf/ff discussion. i'm glad i had gone to the group as if i;d been online when the comment was posted about 'instructions on tin' i think i would have responded with a lot of swear words....as it was, i was quite hurt by the remark and i know feelie has apologised.

    anyway it was nice to 'hear' peoples views on the whole thing and maybe help a surestart centre somewhere have a more open session on all aspects of feeding a baby not just focus on b/f peeps.

    gosh its always me who starts these things....last week it was SIL suicide this week its f/feeding not getting support and help...
    i dread next week....
    i have too much time to think :cool:
    'Children are not things to be moulded, but are people to be unfolded'
  • searching_me
    searching_me Posts: 18,414 Forumite
    ((hugs)) dora and ouch .. glad you're both ok ... falling holding jayden scares me to death and something i really fear ...

    MDW if i have to i'll book the 7th as hol i wanna come :) x
    :)Still searching .....:)
  • tarajayne
    tarajayne Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    (((Hugs))) Dora, very ouchy!
    Too many children, too little time!!!
    :p
  • jillie1974
    jillie1974 Posts: 6,997 Forumite
    wi3adora wrote: »
    Tara (hugs) for you, DD1 and baby x

    I have had a !!!!!! day. I slipped on ice this morning and bashed my knee pretty badly, the worst bit was I had hold of Daniel and I kinda threw him on the floor. Luckily DH was with me to pick LO up, he seems to have escaped unscathed, me however has a cut hand and arm a grazed an swollen knee.

    I messed up at work because I was so upset and then I heard people talking about me and my weight. Yes I know I need to lose weight (quite alot infact) but it hurts when it's something you've heard and wasn't supposed to.

    Then reading some of the posts on here today made me think back to when I had Daniel and my "failings" of not being able to breastfeed (not my words btw).

    So if I go quiet for the rest of the night just know I am here just not in the best of moods.

    aww poor you. glad daniel was ok. bet you got an awful fright. and :mad: at peeps talking bout you. prob not this month but in march when i come to manc do you want to meet for lunch? i can leave K with DH so i have some time to myself.
    'Children are not things to be moulded, but are people to be unfolded'
  • hugs dora, i slipped on the ice the other week when it was really bad, i was with jake so when i came down my legs knocked him flying and he banged his head on the floor, he ended up getting a little lump on his head so i felt awful. x
  • MadDogWoman_2
    MadDogWoman_2 Posts: 2,376 Forumite
    edited 3 February 2010 at 11:24PM
    Dora - Hugs and ouch. I've had comments in the past about my weight which hurts, I hate going to the docs for anything as their stock answer is lose weight!

    That's why I never judge anyone for bottle feeding because all reasons are valid. I do think it's a problem that there's not more support out there for whatever method of feeding

    I had a fall when Katie was about 4 months old - I fell off the front door step - fortunately Katie was in her pushchair outside - only problem was I was home alone with a sprained wrist and ankle! Had to hop inside to the phone and call my mum and brother for help!
    Proud to be dealing with my debts
    DD Katie born April 2007!
    3 years 9 months and proud of it
    dreams do come true (eventually!)

  • Sami_Bee
    Sami_Bee Posts: 14,555 Forumite
    everything im selling ends in 3 days and if everything goes im set to make £50 im over the moon :D x
    don't forget that ebay will send you the invoice for your fees a few weeks later :)
    tarajayne wrote: »
    :(:(:(
    DD is in hospital, bleeding quite badly!
    Big hugs Tara, I hope everyone is ok! xxx
    The very best is sometimes what nature gives us for free.
    3onitsway wrote: »
    I think Sami is right, as always!
  • Sami_Bee
    Sami_Bee Posts: 14,555 Forumite
    Glam, what did you do with the RR sauce? I'm a total wuss and I love it
    The very best is sometimes what nature gives us for free.
    3onitsway wrote: »
    I think Sami is right, as always!
  • jillie1974
    jillie1974 Posts: 6,997 Forumite
    right guys i'm gonna log off and go and read a book i snealed in my trolley last week :D

    Tara- hope DD and GD are ok overnight. will be thinking of you all
    x

    'Children are not things to be moulded, but are people to be unfolded'
  • wi3adora
    wi3adora Posts: 633 Forumite
    jillie1974 wrote: »
    aww poor you. glad daniel was ok. bet you got an awful fright. and :mad: at peeps talking bout you. prob not this month but in march when i come to manc do you want to meet for lunch? i can leave K with DH so i have some time to myself.

    Jillie that would be lovely, so long as it's not a Tuesday I can do any day and if I have enough flex time I can have a long lunch/have 1/2 a day :D
    Mummy to D born 21/04/09 and S born 09/05/12
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.