We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
MSE Parents Club Part 10
Comments
-
Happy Birthday for yesterday Scruffy.Proud to be dealing with my debts
DD Katie born April 2007!
3 years 9 months and proud of it
dreams do come true (eventually!)0 -
3, thats really frustrating !!
I really hope you get it sorted soon, for DS as much as for you, as I am sure the days off are playing havoc on him
xxThe two best things I have done with my life
:TDD 5/11/02 :j DS 17/6/09 :T
STOPTOBER CHALLANGE ... here we go !!0 -
3 I know this is of no help but at my old work we had alot that refused to go on buses but we had to get them on even if it took half an hour or more. Or is it just probs with transport full stop and not so much the fact he won't get on??
Does he use makaton??Everyone is entitled to their opinionEllie 25/12/070 -
I found out last week that the little boy in Jasmines class who doesnt speak very well or very often is autistic, which we never knew, and only found out because he hit the teacher and threw chairs across the classroom.
Now, I have no issue at all of him being in Jasmines class, he has every right to be there, but apparently he has had violent outbursts in school several times and a few of the other kids are quite scared of him. Jas sits at the other side of the classroom, so doesnt seem too bothered by it and that is why she never mentioned it to me, as thats just the way he has always been, but I am now slightly concerned. Does that make me sound like a really bad person ??The two best things I have done with my life
:TDD 5/11/02 :j DS 17/6/09 :T
STOPTOBER CHALLANGE ... here we go !!0 -
No that doesn't make you a bad person MM. It takes alot to understand autism and if the teacher isn't geared up for these problems or classroom assistant etc it could turn bad. But if the child is in a mainstream school I would assume he only has a slight autism, well thats how it works here.Everyone is entitled to their opinionEllie 25/12/070
-
No - not at all MM. If the teachers can't cope/aren't trained to deal with him it's not fair on him, the staff or the rest of the children. Does he have any extra help in class?, like a TA?scruffy96uk wrote: »3 I know this is of no help but at my old work we had alot that refused to go on buses but we had to get them on even if it took half an hour or more. Or is it just probs with transport full stop and not so much the fact he won't get on??
Does he use makaton??
Tbh Scruff I think it's more a transport problem. They've got him onto the bus twice this year
, both times it was a stand-in bus and stand-in escort as the proper ones were off sick. It was a bit of a struggle according to J's teacher, but nothing major. I think this particular escort just tried harder. And once he was on and in the harness he was ok.
This week, with the different bus, the driver has just flatly refused to take him without even trying. :mad:
Yes, he uses a makaton, but only when he really has to! Its getting more frequent now.
One day when his TA was talking to him about going home on the bus, and signing bus & home to him, he gave a big smile and signed back 'mum, red car!'
How rude of me - Happy Birthday.
Is it 21?
:beer:0 -
Have you all seen the advert where a guy is making a pie and it says be proud of your puffed up pie!! This one. DH thought it said poofter pie!!
Howd ya guess 3 lolEveryone is entitled to their opinionEllie 25/12/070 -
scruffy96uk wrote: »No that doesn't make you a bad person MM. It takes alot to understand autism and if the teacher isn't geared up for these problems or classroom assistant etc it could turn bad. But if the child is in a mainstream school I would assume he only has a slight autism, well thats how it works here.
The teacher by all accounts is very good with him and there are 2 classroom assistants in their class who help out alot.
Not sure how severe it is. We do full integration if wanted, the other P3 class has a girl with downs syndrome in with them (whos mum just happens to be Dylans helper at Hydro !!) and there are a few other kids with special needs in the school too.
I am happy that he isnt 'dangerous' as such, think it was the throwing a chair incident that scared me a bitThe two best things I have done with my life
:TDD 5/11/02 :j DS 17/6/09 :T
STOPTOBER CHALLANGE ... here we go !!0 -
I'm bored to tears with ebay now, and the dog keeps doing sprouty trumps - so i'm off to bed. Night all. xx:beer:0
-
I'm off to bed too
Night night xxThe two best things I have done with my life
:TDD 5/11/02 :j DS 17/6/09 :T
STOPTOBER CHALLANGE ... here we go !!0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards