mobiles.co.uk GRRRRR

Options
12346»

Comments

• TREVORCOLMAN
    TREVORCOLMAN Posts: 1,001 Forumite
    Options
    It is now 9 days since I emailed Mobiles.Co.Uk with my latest bill to claim cashback and no reply from them.

I will send again via recorded mail so they cannot say they have not received it.

Seems they are playing the games that OSPS and E2SAVE have tried in the past.

I am guessing that I will have to follow this one up by LBA then moneyclaim on line. That makes it more expensive for them which is fine by me.
    I am NOT a mortgage & insurance adviser - or anything to do with finance, that was put on by the new system I dont know why?!
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Options
    Of course; we are used to dealing with cpw. Not so good for all those who aren't and were drawn in by the rep's reassurances - which is precisely why I have been warning people for the last year. It is also why I am still using them - suing them will be fine by me as well if/when they "ask" me to!
  • richytay1
    Options
    I personally have had no problems with this company. I have had 2 contracts off them and got all the cashback as stated. Just remember that people tend to talk about products and services like this on forums if they are unhappy with them. There must be thousands of happy customers who never bother to say so.

My advice would be to view the cashback as a bonus.
  • jollyton
    Options
    They are crap! I hate them..
    Jo

WHAT? :eek: Ahh.....:beer:
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    richytay1 wrote: »
    This doesn't work if the cashback is almost the entire cost of, say, 2-year contract.
    jollyton wrote: »
    They are crap! I hate them..
    May be they are, but I can't hate them because for years they supply my family with free minutes, texts, Megabytes and almost free handsets.
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I personally have had no problems with this company. I have had 2 contracts off them and got all the cashback as stated. Just remember that people tend to talk about products and services like this on forums if they are unhappy with them. There must be thousands of happy customers who never bother to say so.

Another Oliver Cromwell post! He was dug up for no good reason years after he was dead and buried as well.

(The previous post to this one above was 13 months' old !)
  • Silk
    Silk Posts: 4,836 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Guys_Dad wrote: »
    Another Oliver Cromwell post! He was dug up for no good reason years after he was dead and buried as well.

(The previous post to this one above was 13 months' old !)
    Good point GD ;)

It gets even better though .............:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    It's not just about the money
  • Silk
    Silk Posts: 4,836 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options

Thats funny ...being as you posted

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=37770708&postcount=35
    Hi. I've already been charged 17.94 because in truth I forgot to cancel the tmti. I didn't even buy a phone. Just a sim card off mobiles.co.uk. Is there any way I can get my money back? or part of it?

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    It's not just about the money
  • Amer_A.K.
    Options
    I have been with them for a few years now, very cheap contracts and good deals. The cashback claims are sometimes pain in the A** but I always set a reminder to email my bill at the time of each claim to them [EMAIL="cashbackclaims@mobiles.co.uk"]cashbackclaims@mobiles.co.uk[/EMAIL]
    I never missed any cashback, BUT last time on 11th of Feb 2013 I submitted my claim as usual and got confirmation that they received my claim and asked me to wait 6-8 weeks if successful.
    I did not receive anything after that, and now 8 weeks later I logged in to my mobiles.co.uk account to see that it show (Not Claimed) under my (My claim status).
    It's been already more than 60 days so I can't claim again, but I contacted Customer Service to challenge this as I have their email confirming that they received my claim and will prove that I DID claimed and was asked to wait 6-8 weeks.
    So I never had any problem before so let's wait and see if they will fix the problem and send me the cheque of £55.80 and I hope they will try to communicate better between their cashback team and their customer service team to avoid any missing claims!!
    Will let you know what will happen.
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Options
    You've not followed the groundrules because you've never had a problem before; very unwise!

ALWAYS follow up the claim acknowledgement two weeks afterwards unless you've heard; regardless of what the email says. I make several claims a month and rarely get acceptance emails until I have done precisely that.

Leave them no room for declining. that's the only way to ensure you always get paid, no matter what they may get up to at any point in the future.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure