PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What have you baked today?

Options

Comments

• doodoot
    doodoot Posts: 554 Forumite
    Options
    Oh dear...bread dough didn't rise, so had to turn them into cheese twigs.

Will try again tomorrow as I've had enough of cooking for one day! :D
    Stone walls do not a prison make, nor iron bars a cage.
  • suzybloo
    suzybloo Posts: 1,104 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Bit of disaster today - made a clootie dumpling then after an hour of it being in the pot, remembered I hadnt put sugar in, so took it out and recyled the fruit into the replacement one! Also baked 2 gingerbread, tea loaf and 18 oatcakes.
    The dumpling turned out the best I have ever made!
    Every days a School day!
  • sharalee99
    Options
    Today I have bread dough in the maker, then will pop in the oven later. I feel lazy compared to some :D
  • Kittenkirst
    Kittenkirst Posts: 2,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Doodoot: I made the double gingerbread recipe on goodfood website: it said to mix but I didnt see it say to knead it like bread; they taste even better today but want to make next week for my halloween party and to be able to ice them :0) x
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
  • Kittenkirst
    Kittenkirst Posts: 2,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/68611/double-ginger-gingerbread-men thats thelink (if it works on my phone).

Thanks for any advice! :-)
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
  • I_luv_cats
    I_luv_cats Posts: 14,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Have a 60/40 loaf on the go in my new Kenwood Breadmaker.

First full cycle loaf I've tried. I did a quickie the other day.
  • jpscloud
    jpscloud Posts: 1,465 Forumite
    edited 23 October 2011 at 7:03PM
    Options
    Just eating my second slice of a fruit loaf to my own recipe from the breadmaker... sweet fruit loaf (I use only dried mixed peel, without raisins/currants etc. as I'm not keen on them in bread) with a little oatbran, pumpkin seeds and walnuts, nutmeg rather than cinnamon for spice. It's really nice!

I also made a slow cooker stew with some cheap pork steaks, red lentils and pearl barley. I pour a ladleful of that over a tin of value new potatoes crushed with a fork, to make a kind of hotpot, served with parnsip and carrot mash and whatever greens are around.
    I believe in the freedom of spinach and the right to arm bears.

Weight loss journey started January 2015
    -32lbs
  • doodoot
    doodoot Posts: 554 Forumite
    Options
    http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/68611/double-ginger-gingerbread-men thats thelink (if it works on my phone).

Thanks for any advice! :-)

Oh I'm liking that recipe...will try that this week.

The only things that I can think of that would cause your problems with it are the following:

Stirring the butter/syrup/sugar while it was melting - this causes it to separate.

Not mixing/kneading it enough - it needs to be similar to pastry before rolling.

Anyway, the best bit about cookies/biscuits that come out mishaped or crumbling is that you have more reason to eat them up...don't want people to criticise our baking skills, eh? :rotfl:
    Stone walls do not a prison make, nor iron bars a cage.
  • I_luv_cats
    I_luv_cats Posts: 14,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    octo2ipod004.jpg
    Here it is
  • Lippycow
    Lippycow Posts: 312 Forumite
    Options
    Sausage and Potatoe Casserole and a Chilli thats 2 evening meals done:-)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure