Egg Card - CCA Flawed?

Options

Comments

• never-in-doubt
    never-in-doubt Posts: 20,613 Forumite
    Options
    Michelle32 wrote: »
    and my agreement says Approved limit on it does this mean the debt is unenforceable and what should I do now.

No it does not mean it is unenforceable - You should do whatever it says on page 1, i'd suspect :D:D
    :o 2010 - year of the troll :o

Niddy - Over & Out :wave:
  • Michelle32
    Michelle32 Posts: 23 Forumite
    Options
    No it does not mean it is unenforceable - You should do whatever it says on page 1, i'd suspect :D:D

I will send off the letter on page 1 but do I keep making payments just now .

Thanks

Michelle
  • never-in-doubt
    Options
    Michelle32 wrote: »
    I will send off the letter on page 1 but do I keep making payments just now .

Thanks

Michelle

Its up to you, have they already defaulted you? If not then the moment you stop payments it could lead to a default and a ruined credit file, you need to be sure of what you want first. :D

• never-in-doubt
    Options
    NID You truly are a knight in shining armour arn't you, thank god you know what your talking about and can put people like me on the right pathway. Where would I be without you apart from going even more senile than I already am.

By the way, change of plan as you can tell I haven't gone away for the second part of my holiday. Car needed for the caravan won't start so plans been scuppered. Typcial.

Hiya

aaaw bummer about the holiday - hey, at least you chilled for a week right? PLUS things are quiet debt wise, right? feel more stress-free now then? Hope so :D:D

• Orville
    Orville Posts: 1,900 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Hiya

aaaw bummer about the holiday - hey, at least you chilled for a week right? PLUS things are quiet debt wise, right? feel more stress-free now then? Hope so :D:D

What happened with the egg court case..? or has it not happened yet...?
  • never-in-doubt
    Options
    Orville wrote: »
    What happened with the egg court case..? or has it not happened yet...?

It is not in June I am led to believe - best to click the link on post one to CAG as they are following it more than me. :D

• scarednshakin
    scarednshakin Posts: 277 Forumite
    Options
    Good evening Niddy, hope you are having a good weekend. Got a reply about post #60 . Account has been put on hold and they are referring back to EGG and the phonecalls have stopped from them. Will wait and see what happens next.

Just catching up with your threads, see you had an eventful night last night :mad:

Speak to you soon matey n dont let the trolls get you down. We know you are superman in disquise :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    :idea: Had lbm, switched it off too many times. Now am trying to sort my life out :T:T

:T Proud Supporter of Niddy :T
  • scarednshakin
    Options
    Morning Nid, hope you are well this morning and enjoyed the pub - I found Mouseann's thread :)

Got a reply from EGG, not sure if I should send Final Response or what. It says 'You repeat your allegation that our use of the term'approved limit' does not comply with the CCA 1983. In resonse we refer you to our letter to you dated 9 April 2010 where we have addressed this allegation in full. We do not state that 'approved limit' equates to 'credit limit'. The description, which uses 'approved limit' and other wording, fulfils the requirements of paragraph 8(b) of Schedule 1 of the Agreement Regulations.

You allege that your agreement is unenforceable until such time as 'possible test cases' are heard. This allegation is incorrect. Your agreement complies with the CCA 1974 and the Agreement Regulations. Your agreement is not unenforceable as you allege. Accordingly, we will continuwe to apply our normal procedures to your account, which may include reporting to credit reference agencies.'

It then tells me they have closed my complaint and refer me to FOS. Thought they might have held off until June but no such luck.

Anyway would be grateful if you could point me in the right direction Cheers mate :beer:
    :idea: Had lbm, switched it off too many times. Now am trying to sort my life out :T:T

• never-in-doubt
    Options
    It then tells me they have closed my complaint and refer me to FOS. Thought they might have held off until June but no such luck.

Anyway would be grateful if you could point me in the right direction Cheers mate :beer:

Really for specific advice you need to go to page 1 and click the link to CAG I provided as i'm not really following this side of things mate - I have enough to get on with without spending half my time on one lender, thus I kinda asked people to head to CAG and follow progress themselves cos I know I cannot commit to this....

sorreeee :o:o:D

• scarednshakin
    Options
    Okay doke will head over there and see what they say :D

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family