Egg Card - CCA Flawed?

Options

Comments

• scarednshakin
    Options
    Thanks for that will go and post it over there. Cheers
    :idea: Had lbm, switched it off too many times. Now am trying to sort my life out :T:T

:T Proud Supporter of Niddy :T
  • Rainbow_Liberty
    Options
    I've just been looking on the CAG forum regarding this and I'm totally bogged down by all the legal'eze' that I don't know if Im coming or going now. My Egg agreement arrived back this morning dated 18/01/01 but I've absolutely no idea how to check for unenforceability.

Any help really would be gratefully appreciated.
    Rainbow
    Liberty
  • never-in-doubt
    never-in-doubt Posts: 20,613 Forumite
    Options
    I've just been looking on the CAG forum regarding this and I'm totally bogged down by all the legal'eze' that I don't know if Im coming or going now. My Egg agreement arrived back this morning dated 18/01/01 but I've absolutely no idea how to check for unenforceability.

Any help really would be gratefully appreciated.

Ive already sorted this for you right now, via PM. Just send the CCA Query letter and wait and see what they come back with first.

You're lucky in that there are no prescribed terms, as well as the wording "Approved Limit"...... keep me updated over on my Unenforcebility thread :D
    :o 2010 - year of the troll :o

Niddy - Over & Out :wave:
  • Rainbow_Liberty
    Options
    Ive already sorted this for you right now, via PM. Just send the CCA Query letter and wait and see what they come back with first.

You're lucky in that there are no prescribed terms, as well as the wording "Approved Limit"...... keep me updated over on my Unenforcebility thread :D

Will do Niddy.
    Rainbow
    Liberty
  • mrsb1979
    Options
    Can someone please give me some advice. I emailed egg asking for the agreement, they replied asking me to send a cheque for £1 and they would send within 12 days. This did not arrive so I emailed them again and they replied saying they would look into it and get back to me - that was 6 days ago and I have not had another reply or a copy of the agreement

Thank you
  • never-in-doubt
    edited 21 April 2010 at 1:53AM
    Options
    mrsb1979 wrote: »
    Can someone please give me some advice. I emailed egg asking for the agreement, they replied asking me to send a cheque for £1 and they would send within 12 days. This did not arrive so I emailed them again and they replied saying they would look into it and get back to me - that was 6 days ago and I have not had another reply or a copy of the agreement

Thank you

1. You need your own thread - not this
    2. You cannot email requesting these documents
    3. You will get defaulted if you pursue CCA/Unenforceability (and utilise it)
    4. Read here for all the help: Unenforceability & Template Letters III
    5. Good Luck :D

• DarkConvict
    DarkConvict Posts: 6,338 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    3. You will get defaulted if you pursue CCA

You get defaulted if you stop paying, there is no harm in getting a CCA, you are legally allowed. If you find it is unenforceable it means they cannot force you to pay (CCJ) so you could stop paying. But if you stop paying you get a default on your file for 6 years, which can cost you a load in interest rates (or in some cases even jobs applications) on future borrowing, so weight it up.
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

There are two ways of constructing a software design: One way is to make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies, and the other way is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies
  • never-in-doubt
    edited 21 April 2010 at 1:55AM
    Options
    You get defaulted if you stop paying, there is no harm in getting a CCA, you are legally allowed. If you find it is unenforceable it means they cannot force you to pay (CCJ) so you could stop paying. But if you stop paying you get a default on your file for 6 years, which can cost you a load in interest rates (or in some cases even jobs applications) on future borrowing, so weight it up.

Is you trying to correct me biatch? :rotfl: :rotfl:

You will always get a default mate - 100% without fail, if you pursue unenforceability, trust me on this one ;);)

* I meant to type unenforceability, not CCA - thus the confusion tsk - leave me alone bully! lol Edited below...
    3. You will get defaulted if you pursue CCA/Unenforceability (and utilise it)

• DarkConvict
    DarkConvict Posts: 6,338 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Correct is such a strong word to use against an expert ;)
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

There are two ways of constructing a software design: One way is to make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies, and the other way is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies
  • onamission_2
    Options
    my egg card is defaulted since 2005 and still bouncing around between DCAs again. I have a payment agreement with one DCA and other is now claiming to own it. before i send off the CCA i read this thread and v. interested now. should I sent the CCA to the DCA or to egg as I think i have one of these approved limit agreements.

many thanks
    total debt at lightbulb 18th April 2007:idea: £42367.60:eek: DFW Nerd No 725. DFW longhauler no 8.:rolleyes: Official DMP mutal support club member no 62.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure