HGV/LGV Funded Training

Options
12345679»

Comments

• CB1985
    CB1985 Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    I can say whatever I like now because he's on my ignore list!:D

lol i enjoy making him look the proverbial he is, not that he needs any help from me
  • Anihilator
    Anihilator Posts: 2,169 Forumite
    Options
    Yes because I am the idiot who has no qualifications, no job, is unemployable and now thinks someone will not only pay for me to become an HGV driver despite a horrible driving history but then give me a job over that of the hundreds of experienced, qualified HGV drivers who know how not to speed or slow down for speed cameras hmmmmm.
  • CB1985
    CB1985 Posts: 35 Forumite
    edited 21 January 2010 at 10:01PM
    Options
    Anihilator wrote: »
    Yes because I am the idiot who has no qualifications, no job, is unemployable and now thinks someone will not only pay for me to become an HGV driver despite a horrible driving history but then give me a job over that of the hundreds of experienced, qualified HGV drivers who know how not to speed or slow down for speed cameras hmmmmm.

hmmm HGV drivers dont get pegged on DC's and MW's since the vehicle SHOULD BE, BY LAW restrictd to a maximum of 56MPH

and i obviously have no qualifications as my intellect is quite blatantly appauling :rotfl:

horrible driving history? yeah ok pal

HGV drivers dont speed for the simple fact, THEY CAN'T, not that they dont have the will or physical ability to speed, the vhicle restrictions imposed by law make it nigh on impossible on most roads and sheer physics on lower speed limited roads i.e jack-knifing on sharp bends

and the last time i checked, the amount of car users on the road was at an all time high, as was, funnily enough, congestion, hence again making speeding nigh on impossible in any vehicle let alone a HGV

Also, i would guess, most HGV drivers nowadays posses some form of sat-nav which the majority contain locations of 90+% UK speed cameras and/or mobile sites

anyway, you've TRIED having your fun and tried to belittle me, tak your trolling elsewhere

Top and bottom of it is, you dont like the fact i want to spend YOUR taxes (not that anyone else doesnt pay tax eh pal)
  • chippy1
    chippy1 Posts: 31 Forumite
    Options
    came across this thread searching .

god what some crap does that man speak .

reason experinced drivers are struggling for work is simple companys would rather take on new drivers who aint set in there ways an no it all , i no few pepole who under 25 and class 1 licence and on 27k a year so suggest you learn the idustruy before giving pepole advice .

my advice for the op would be try

!!!!!! denby ( dendy denby transport )
    robert wiseman dairies
    clipper logistics
    stobarts
    all of what take on new drivers and also give you the chance to pass your test with them and if you leave before so long they asl you to pay certain amount towards traing .

they do this because they want drivers without all the bad habbits and train them in there fasshion
  • Dole_Q_rules
    Options
    As an experienced ex HGV driver, all I will say if you want to do it, you need your brain testing. I use to earn over £1000 per week over five years ago, today the pay seem to be aroung £6 - 8 pounds per hour, due to polish drivers driving the pay rates down. its a horrible horrible job.

You have to work long hours to make a wage, the people in the industry are horrible and not the brightest of people including the mannagment and the jumped up morons you will come across on security gates,companies will work you to death long hours nights out trafic jams and the ministry breathing down your back all the time, its the worst job and most unhealthy job you could pick. do your self a favour go and get an education.

this advice I am giving to you is free, if you choose to carry on with your dream, best of luck, but I did tell you so.
  • Dole_Q_rules
    Options
    chippy1 wrote: »
    came across this thread searching .

god what some crap does that man speak .

reason experinced drivers are struggling for work is simple companys would rather take on new drivers who aint set in there ways an no it all , i no few pepole who under 25 and class 1 licence and on 27k a year so suggest you learn the idustruy before giving pepole advice .
    /QUOTE]

Are you real, the reason they are set in there ways is because they are sick of being messed about, and new drivers are wet behind the ears, and desperate. trust me after a while they will be the drivers stuck in there ways too.

27k might sound a lot but it is poor wages for working seventy hours, and most probably sleeping out all night for a mere £22 pounds, it is not based on a 40 hours week. please do your sums.

I have every licence group and am an experienced driver, it use to be ok, but now the job is finnished, my freind gets more working picking liiter up than an HGV driver. but while people are lead to belive its fantastic, by companies making money in driver training then it will continue to be poor pay, due to the amount of drivers competing and the uneducated cheap transport companies cutting costs to get contracts, the costs being your wages.
  • mbryn1
    mbryn1 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    hi all new to this did that person get funding and has that banker been sacked yet haha
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure